Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pratt and Taylor are killing me...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else listen to Pratt and Taylor on 1040? What a couple of drama queens. Pratt is summing up nicely why I think he's the fcuking biggest twat on radio and Taylor is his little puppet.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh come on Henrik!!!!

This is not a hockey issue, it is a life issue!!! It was assault, plain and simple.

This isn't CKNW!!!!!

:rolleyes:

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I loved his rant about charges and such and how he worked Sept 11 into this. Fcuking-drama-queen. Can wait for his actual "Pratt's Rant" Should be a beaut. I have a feeling I'm going to have to punt my radio.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB I agree these guys are too much! Saying if Berts is charged he will have a hard time getting into the US and the 9/11 thing was WAY too much.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
These guys are as bad as a Slurrey United pre-game talk.

Come on, Bert did not try to kill Moore or intend to drive his head into the Ice, it was a stupid sucker punch from behind that caught the guy on the chin and knocked him out, so he fell face first into the ice with 235 lbs. on his back. It sounds so bad. I used to like Taylor, a good Burnaby kid, but he is going overboard with this now. And Pratt he is just big fat David Pratt.

hos

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with H O S 100% !
Yes it was bruttal, but in no way did he intead to cave his face in.
He went to settle a score and unfortunately it went way over the top.

Pratt is a fcuking moron,and Taylor won't last six more months.

Coach.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
I agree with H O S 100% !
Yes it was bruttal, but in no way did he intead to cave his face in.
He went to settle a score and unfortunately it went way over the top.

Pratt is a fcuking moron,and Taylor won't last six more months.

Coach.
at some point, anyone, in sports or not, must take into consideration the possible ramifications/consequences if they intend to strike someone. thats the risk people take by stepping outside of the rules. if it was a clean hit that caused injury, then it is part of the game, people feel sad, and life goes on. i agree with your comment that he didn't intend to cave his face in, but blindsiding someone like that is an intent to injure and bert, or anyone else for that matter, needs to take responsability for their actions.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder it they hugged after. I can't stand big fat Pratt. He's just as bad as that other fat pig Dan Russell.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manager.
Was it not Brian Allen who two handed a Detriot player 3 months ago,a player who didn't have the puck and ended up with a broken leg?
Bert was giving him a shot for some payback that was long overdue.
And yes he should be punished,but not bloody charged and hung out to dry by some terrible media.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Manager.
Was it not Brian Allen who two handed a Detriot player 3 months ago,a player who didn't have the puck and ended up with a broken leg?
Bert was giving him a shot for some payback that was long overdue.
And yes he should be punished,but not bloody charged and hung out to dry by some terrible media.

comparing the two is a bit of a stretch. allens tap is common and often goes unpenalized. berts shot was mallicious as he even dropped his stick to go after the guy. payback had its chance with cooke and cooke didn't prevail. further, it comes down to the character issue. does what he did to moore constitute retribution? or does what he did demonstrate classless behaviour by a frustrated player who was having a bad night. my hope is that both moore and bert recover from this as it tarnishes the sport severely. you are a coach...would you feel right about letting your son (if you had one) be influenced by this type of bounty/vendetta behavior? is this something you want your players/kids to accept as appropriate in sportsmanship? why can't gratification come in the form of overcoming the temptation to plaster the guy and making a differance in the standings? just a thought.

manager

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
coach,

i agree with your remark that he shouldn's be hung out to dry by the media. people, the general public, take things too far, especially the media with it's infatuation with violence for the sake of ratings.

manager

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting a little off the track , but....

So what are we really worried about here after it's all said and done? Moore's well being and health of course, but after that? The State of the game? Bert's emotional state? Or the the Canucks soon to be impending lumping in the first round? After listening and watching the Burtuzzi marathon yesterday I had to take a break. You can only watch,read and listen to the same exact same comments made (most over the top and dumb) so many times before you just start to get numb to the whole thing. To put it in TTP perspective, it's was like reading all of Luc's choons posts, twice. So I flipped to Mojo 730 on the way in this morning and much to my dismay Mike & Mike where also discussing it. The difference in view of the severity from the American's point of view to Pratt, Taylor's, Mcgooch et al is amazing. It's still called a despicable act no doubt, but what I found interesting was their take on how catastrophic this will really be to hockey, especially in the states. The impression I got is this will only be a small blimp on their radar. I bet it's forgotten before the season ends.

Unfortunately for us here we have wankers like Pratt who blows everything (including Taylor) so far out of proportion that I believe they create much of the 'black eye' as the incident it's self did.

How about the BCTV fcuk-wit who showed up at his house?

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Getting a little off the track , but....

knvb said:
How about the BCTV fcuk-wit who showed up at his house? QUOTE]

Are saying you wouldn't want Ted Chernecki of BCTV knocking on your door to your private residence and asking how you felt about possibly ending the career and breaking the neck of one of your "fellow" hockey players. How absurd. Hey Ted, why don't we come to your house and ask you why you were trespassing on Bert's front door, in fact why don't we do it at 6am when you are trying to sleep so you can broadcast the late news hour on BCTV. What a "fukc-wit". There's investigative reporting and then there is just plain stupidity. Did you think he would talk to you-moron? Having said that, I think Bert should address the media (at GM Place and not at his home in West Van-which looked quite nice by the way- thanks to BCTV for those pics :confused: ) with a statement at least regretting his actions regardless of the legal ramifications.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
posted by knvb
Unfortunately for us here we have wankers like Pratt who blows everything (including Taylor) so far out of proportion that I believe they create much of the 'black eye' as the incident it's self did.

How about the BCTV fcuk-wit who showed up at his house?

good point Knvb...they're not making it any easier for bert, or the game. the reporter at his house is rediculous...they care little about the situation, or the implication it has on the sport and those involved, but more about the ratings they can get from mezmorized channel surfers...it's entertainment.

manager

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've had it with the sensationalism now :mad:

The media is fcuked. The first 4 pages of the Province? And did you read Ed Willes garbage putting the blame on the Canucks for basically keeping Bertuzzi as one of their players for this long?!?!!?!

Fcuk-wit Pratt yesterday started on Burke yesterday saying he was "disgusted" that Burke would stand behind Bertuzzi... give me a fcuking break :mad: WTF was he supposed to say? Even Taylor (who I respected and liked greatly until yesterday's over-the-top performance) told Pratt he wrong on that one.

Basically, I think what you are seeing from some/most of the "sports media" doing here is taking the oppportunity to linch a player that never gave them a good interview and are taking a drama-queen approach.

And now I'm listening to fcuk-wit Rome wanking about you have to go "soccer fan" on him and that it will take someone to die until the NHL wakes up.

Fcuked, the lot of them. Discuss it, analyze it, but for fcuk sakes... 9-11 references?!?!!?!?

~Regs.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting to note that a defender of Bert is Tony Gallagher who has had many run-in's with Burke and the Canucks. I am glad to see some of the Canucks defending him as well. This has gone too far. As for 9-11, I was on hold on the Team 1040 this morning but couldn't get on before going to work to vent about this remark. If I here that one more time I think I will puke, how can you compare that or even reference it to this incident. Pratt, get a hold of yourself. I am glad he is not in charge of pushing "the button" in case of international conflict because the world would be a pile of dust right now. :confused:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's add Dan Russell to the Pratt and Taylor tandem. They have obviously never played a sport at a competitive level. At the risk of implicating myself as a savage, I know that I am very capable of doing what Bertuzzi did and I believe most of us are capable of such actions in the heat of the battle.

Most of us can control our emotions for the most part but we know how close we can get to losing it once in a while. The cruel lynching these media types are launching displays no consderation for this facet. Bertuzzi fcuked up. He is human. He should be forgiven if he shows remorse which I assume he already has done. He should pay the penalty, learn from it, and carry on with his life.

Pratt, Taylor, Russell should hold their hypocratic heads in shame and understand that anyone who has a remote understanding of the human psyche will remember how recklessly they abandoned their support for a player who needs it now more than ever.

I've certainly learned how tainted and skewed the media in this province really is. Taylor, Russell, Pratt, etc? I guess they couldn't play the game, so let's write about it.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By jove I think he's got it.

Regs said:
Basically, I think what you are seeing from some/most of the "sports media" doing here is taking the oppportunity to linch a player that never gave them a good interview and are taking a drama-queen approach.

Bingo.

RFwhowantsBerttostayasaCanuck

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate agreeing with BallBaby, but the lack of competitive sports experience by the local media is amazing. They profess to have expertise in the sports they cover yet not one of them could relate to the athletes. I had to flip to MOJO yesterday to get away from Pratt and Taylor (whom I used to respect) and heard Gary Valk on there discussing the incident. He was able to relate to the frustration of the situation and put a reliable perspective on things because he has laced them up and stood toe to toe with these guys.

We need more of these guys speaking up in the media to balance the sensationalists that we currently have to listen to :mad:

Lean

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts