Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential Grizz Trade......

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While this probably isn't of any importance due to the fact the franchise is leaving, I will note that Jim Rome and the TEAM 1040 have announced that the Grizz are in the midst of trading Bryant "Big Country" Reeves, Michael Dickerson and Stromile Swift to the Phoenix Suns for Tom Gugliotta and Penny Hardaway.

The trade has a lot to do with the fact that Penny is from Memphis and desires to play in his hometown again. Apparently the only thing keeping this trade from becoming official is the Grizz's reluctancy to include Stro in the trade. Apparently both sides are extremely close to finishing out the deal.

This would be a shitty, shitty trade for the Grizz. Both Penny and Googs' best days are far behind them.

In other NBA news, "Thunder" Dan Marjele has signed with the team he broke into the NBA with, the Phoenix Suns. Derek Anderson has left the Spurs to join the Blazers. John Amechi has left Orlando for Utah, while both Patrick Ewing and Horace Grant have signed with the Orlando Magic. The Lakers have added Mitch Richmond and Samaki Walker to their roster, while former Laker guard Tyronn Lue has signed with the Washington Wizards. The Toronto Raptors, the only Canadian team who can seemingly keep free agents around, have re-signed Antonio Davis, Jerome Willams and Alvin Williams, and are reportedly close to signing Houston Rocket's legendary center Hakeem Olajuwon. And to close it all out, the Bulls have signed former Grizz PG Greg Anthony. The Bulls also obtained forward Charles Oakley from Toronto in exchange for PF Brad Miller.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Versace was taking a kicking today on Romie's show. Come to think of it, the Bibby / Jay Will trade wasn't winning him many kudos either. Hey Versace, when you pull the trigger on that Penny deal, what kind of a "Tanker Day" will it be in Memphis? One? maybe two? Good work fella.

Versace probably doesn't lurk on this forum,....anymore.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not now that he needs to actually register to see all the pretty pictures...

~TB.

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The way I see it, if the Grizz can get 6 new basketballs for big country they are getting a steal. Guglioti and Penny may have there best days behind them but Big Country has no good days. Giving up Dickerson and Swift is to much, but for them to get rid of Country it seems fair.

Penny and Gugs for Dickerson and Swift - Reeves

I find it funny though, as soon as the team moves they get rid of Sahreff(sp) they get rid of Bibby.

They bring in Jason Williams (who can be a great talent if he would stop fcuking around and play serious)

I hated it when the Jets left and I can feel your pain.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0