Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Portugal vs England

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing how there was allot of Banter for the England vs France tilt.

It is now time to even the score. England vs Portugal is simply a huge match!

The home town favorites vs the up and coming Roonies!

Hos and Captain, would you like to put a freindly little wager down on this match.

Let's say $40.00 dollars this time, which basicaly makes it double or nothing?
(You both were paid on Sat and I saw a picture of the payment on
the TTP gallerey spot)

Waiting patiently for your silly replys! :rolleyes:

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a betting person, but an opinion on the match up definitely whether you ask for it or not. TBS ~ England's recovery since the France fiasco has been remarkable - three goals against Switzerland, four against Croatia and every member of the squad looking sharp and on form. The center mid of Gerrard and Lampard are beginning to strike an understanding and Wayne Rooney's only problem now appears to be hyperinflation. Although, Portugal's formation will not allow Rooney the space he has enjoyed in deeper positions thus far; rather their attacking full-backs will open doors for Owen (come on Owen I know you have it in you, stop making me look bad). IMO Portugal should consider themselves lucky to be at this stage after a desperately fortunate win over Spain on Sunday. Deco and Jorge Andrade are among the few players to have performed consistently well thus far. Should be an easy victory.

HOS, enjoy those buns on Thursday as England will be feasting on Pork Chops. :p

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Hos and Captain, would you like to put a freindly little wager down on this match.

I can do a 20 spot on the match, I need the other 20 to buy my Portuguese Buns and Spicy Sausage, should be a fantastic game.

As for you Lita, the Pork Chops are going to roll all over your Roast Beef eating English. Rooney is going to get kicked up and down the park, lets see how he likes that.

hos

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay HOS I have you down for Portugal and twenty bucks. ;)

Now where is the Kelly O Bryans nut bar the Captain?

HOS, do you really think that Rooney is afraid of the big bad Porkchops?
I think the lad has kicked his whole entire life.

England by 2, and Coach evens the score! :rolleyes:

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont worry about Shrek, if they kick him he'll just kick em back!! I have a feeling that Owen will do something in this one, he is a big game player. Hate to say it though England are due a heartbreaker in pk's! :(

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calling all Captains!!!

Captain, oh Captain where are you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we have a bet or what? :mad:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I'm going to predict Portugal (Bronco's favorite team outside Slavonia) to get a win here. They are playing in their tournament, have pretty good team and I really don't like England. This prediction will stand unless England win and I will have predicted England to win after the game is finished because, well, that's what I do. Just ask Keeper...

:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Coach I will bet you $20 on the match. However, the result has to be in regulation time. The English will try to bore us all to death for 90 minutes and try to win it on penalties. So, the win has to be in regulation otherwise the bet is a push/moot. Agree? Great.

Captainwhostilldoesn'tunderstandhowCoachsupportsEnglandANDCeltic :confused:

Come on, Pauleta........

BTW, Coach, I didn't see my payment in the Multimedia Gallery and of course, I don't remember it SOOOOOO technically you still owe me $20? ;) BTW, thanks to RF for the Dr. Peppers the other night.......

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay Captain I will play by your silly rules this time.

Easy Peasy Please!

Dowtown for the match tommorow, nothing like a little atmosphere for the match.

Come On England!!!!!!!!!!!

Kick the chops big time.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
England will win the game. Interesting the enormous amount of pressure thrust upon an 18 year old player in Rooney. Some of the overly flattering comments by his teammates and coach as well as the media is irresponsible. The only thing I can think is that England wishes and hopes that Portugal will buy in to the hype and man-mark Rooney in hopes of allowing Owen a little more breathing room. Otherwise comparisons to Pele and such are stupid at this point in time.

I'll say this; if Rooney performs in the same quality as previous games, after all the hoopla, he is deserving of the highest accolades. He is an amazing talent but he is only 18 and vulnerable to these pressures. If he can handle himself in this environment, wow!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
17 Years Without a Loss, that is what is on Portugals side, as they are playing in a Stadium where they have not lost in 17 Years. Hey coach, our bet is final outcome, weather it is OT or PK's right, no pushing around here.

Lets Go Chops, Chop Down Rooney and that posser Beekham.

hos

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes H O S we are good to go!!!!

No Jinky the venue for the day is not Kelly O's today.

Time to get downtown and fry up a bunch of Pork Chops.

Come On England !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Portugal vs England 2nd half...

"Nerves?" Nicely put Vic :rolleyes:... and thanks for coming out...

Portugal has plenty of time to do their thing... ;)

+SC

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0