Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Pork Chop Sweepers

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quiter

Apprentice

So how come you quit the Capilano College team?:confused:

I heard that you couldn't mark that porkchop sweeper of Langara so your coach pulled you off.

I guess you couldn't face the fact the this "Porkchop" was making you look stupid all over the park!

By the way, great insult, calling me a porkchop. :eek:

I am what I am.:D

By the way, aren't you suppose to be on the div.1 thread? :confused:

That's ok, no big deal.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen Hear gomesy16,

Yup it's true that I quit and believe me I wasn't getting outplayed by a guy who likes to boot the ball thirty yards up field every touch. The only reason I called you a porkchop is cause your a baby and you were bitchin to the ref about me making noises when you were booting the ball thirty yards. Me and ACM should be posting where your big mouth is posting. Any day I would outplay you...get out of the shadows and find your own identity.

theapprenticewhowouldmopthefieldwithgomesythepussy.

p.s. : why would I mark the sweeper. and was I even talking to you.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Figures

It figures you'd quit!

You had to yell everytime I made a pass up field 'cause that was as close as you could get to the ball. How long did you play that game?

Oh ya, 10 mins.

It's too bad you don't know how to play the game with class.

As a typical lazy forward, you wouldn't be expected to mark the sweeper. But if you actually knew how to play the game, you would have. Ask any forward who's been around and knows a little something about it.

gomesygettingboredlisteningtowhiner/quiter

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomsey what game are you playing. It is not the job of the forward to mark the sweeper. Anyways I have played against the apprentice and I would bet my wind repellant wife beater that he would mop the floor with you. Anyone to take that bet?:) :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hell ya Im in

If theres a wife beater on the line damn right Im in!

How to beat the apprentice...

Gomsey just get a big bag of "lerb" throw it towards the sidline that will draw him out there and keep him out there for hours.

knvbisbackinggomseyalltheway!:D

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any forwards out there who know the game?

Let me give you a lesson here.

If a team is playing with a sweeper, that sweeper should be marked. Why? Because he wants to be free. Therefore he will either keep droping back or call over another defender to mark the forward. By doing this the forward has actually taken out 2 defenders.

Anyone agree with me? How about you Regs or Captain? You guys have been around for awhile, and probably know the game quite well.

Also, if a forward isn't picking up the defender coming through, it means that a midfielder has to leave his check to pick up the defender, therefore leaving someone else open.

This is good stuff for you to learn about Apprentice. Maybe some day you won't get subbed off 10 minutes into a college game.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks

Finally someone who knows how to play soccer!!!

Thanks KNVB. I figured there had to be at least one person out there who plays soccer with their brain.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that it is the job of the forwards to split the four defenders. They don't just mark the sweeper they have the job of swithcing off and running down all 4 people on the back line. if you designate one person to mark the sweeper then your other forward has to do double the running.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gosey is killing me

Why the hell would you mark a sweeper if he does not have the ball. Your saying you should mark the sweeper cause he will call another defender back to mark the forward? Fcuking let him I say! If the forward want to mark a sweeper why the hell wouldn't you just give the ball to the other defender?

or have I got this all wrong? I wish i could figure out what your trying to say!

knvbisnolongerbackinggomsey:mad:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomsey is on his own

KNVB is backing the i-ties on this one. I actually think you made sense there KNVB.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
just like christmas

Your right coppertone I just hope I made more sence than gomsey did. ( shouldn't be hard )

coppertoneisrightIwillsayanythingforanewwifebeater!:eek:

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me clarify

If you're the forward and the other team has the ball, of course you don't just sit beside the sweeper. But you can't just let a defender run through everytime.

I'm talking about when your team has the ball. One of your forwards goes up as far as the sweeper is. Now of course this doesn't work in every situation. But you could end up with a 1 vs 1 against the sweeper.

In the game that Apprentice and I were refering to, his coach subbed him because our offense was being created through the back, and neither he nor his partner were doing anything to stop it.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
know the situation

Gomesy16

Me and Joe had a bad run-in from the get-go. We had three chances that first game before I went off and I set-up all three. It was not that the defence was creating the offence ( although you did send some good balls) it was because I didn't give a fcuk about Joe and he knew I wasn't going to play for him. The only reason I quit was Joe was going to kick me off. If you don't know what is going on don't try to make shite up.

If Sporting did not beat us last year would you be playing in premier? I'm sticking with them till we make it up ..hopefully this year.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now I know

Thanks for clarifying that.

So are you still going to Cap?

By the way, if Sporting didn't make it up, I still would be playing premier this year.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally coming out of my shell

Gomesy,

I understand what you are trying to say...
Others:
I believe Gomesy is trying to say that a sweeper does not like to man-mark anybody...there for, if a forward were to sit on the sweeper, the sweeper would then call over the stopper to man-mark while leaving himself "free".
If the forard stays with the sweeper, he in effect takes out two of his opponents...

Re-reading this, I may have confused people more, and now think I should have stayed in my shell.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy,

I'm still going to school but just not on the team. I'm pretty sure you played in the promotion game last year but can't remember if you were on the back-line or in the mid. If you were in the back you got to remember that the apprentice is not always lazy. shite happened at Cap and I wish I never went there, I wasted a year of eligibility.:mad:

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurinni,

It is about time you came out of your shell. So, Why weren't you at practise yesterday. Were you home eating your favorite.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhh Yesss

Thanks!

That's exactly what I mean, and I think that's how I wrote it too.

Oh well.:rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts