Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pictures from Korea

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
God Bless the Konglish language. These are pictures I've been fortunate enough to take while spending time on the Korean peninsula.

Doctor's office - I'm sure he has to beat back the throngs with a stick with a name such as that.

That'd be Dr. Kil's Internal Clinic - I know the pic is a little small.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
#2 - They tell me they have these in North America, but any time you name a shoe store after a foot fungus can't be good.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
#3 - Korean restaurants have this curious habit of showing you pictures of what you're about to eat when it was still alive. Haven't seen any pictures of dogs yet though...

Pics a little fuzzy, but they're cows.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can totally relate to these pics...

Shite Power, I wish I had a digital up and running...

I also wish that I had the camera when I saw the SOY TRUCK dump and spill its load. :eek:

My fav. sign in Taiwan so far Do Mi ("Do Me") Lingere shop

+TheAsianSC

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question

From the posts of The Power, clearly he is in Korea eating the real dog in hot dogs. But Sexual Chocolate- are you in the South East Asia region as well?

Maybe the Power and SC can start new threads much like the Captain's days of SDSS thread and keep us up to date. We are always interested in where the great TTPer SC and her sports bra turn up eating turkey dinner. SC it'd be great reading!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the Private messages may be more interesting

Originally posted by Reccos

Maybe the Power and SC can start new threads much like the Captain's days of SDSS thread and keep us up to date. We are always interested in where the great TTPer SC and her sports bra turn up eating turkey dinner. SC it'd be great reading!!

All I can say is that no one would understand...Just ask Jinks, Saint, Notty, Regs, Kurgs, Max Blink, HOS, Jimmy, KNVB, Throbby,DA. they are being kept up to date, right along with the book that I'm writing. The stories are HUGE.

The sports bra will also be out again for the Christmas dinner, seeing how I will be alone on Christmas Eve, Day, Night, Boxing Day blah blah blah.

The updates, I'm sure, would be a tad more exciting to read, or at least that's what you think when you start them, right Captain :p :rolleyes:

+SCsays'thanks'fortheinterestReccos,butitaintgonnahappen:(pm meifyoufeeltheneedtobeontheemaillist;)

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos, the school update would be very boring. I might be able to keep a counter of how many kids I make cry during the week, but that would likely be the most excitement. I throw the odd update on other parts of the site, up to this point that's all that's been necessary. I'll keep it in mind though.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
something amusing...

I confused some kids when I put "Please don't knock on the wall" on the white board...

Can you guess what came out of their little Taiwanese mouths?

Yes, please don't put your 'cokc on the wall', unintentionally of course:rolleyes:

+SCwithstoriestillthecowscomehome.

Power, are you tired of singing "Christmas Songs yet"? they sure no how to ruin this Christmas stuff, commercially that is...:rolleyes:

Seasons Greetings lads!

+SC:wa:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC

If we can't get a permanent tracker on that sports bra of yours can you at least tell us where you are and what you are doing there?

From your last post it sounds like you are in Taiwan?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos, since SC's signature has been "This post made in Taiwan" for at least the last two months, I would say yes that she is in Taiwan. You've been reading the same posts as the rest of us right? Maybe when you are as old and retired as you are some things come quicker than others.;) ;) :D

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, well...

Learn something everyday!! Who reads all that crap at the end of SC's posts, but you!!!

Maybe you'd be less observant of her posts if you actually opened some course books and learned something. :p

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, teaching kids Jingle Bells has lost its allure. On the same note, I think Korean Christmas music must be what they play in Hell. The first time I heard "Feliz Navidad" in Korean I laughed. Now I cry. :(

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
brings me back to "Ditchmond"

Just think, you're in Richmond centre (or Yohan centre) and you hear someone's cel phone go off to the tune of "We wish you a merry Christmas..." It's fricken July , but that particular person likes the tune it rings...

So, you head to that person's motherland, hear the same tune in August, and it rings through to the rest of the year...

No that's overkill, I'd say.

Power,
today was the top'er... A 13 year old told his classmate that he was a 'fcuken a**hole' . Now, normally, I would deal with it, but b/c the class is just learning how to say their own English names (very beginner level)... I just had to let that go!

Now, if he were to use that on my boss, I'd say...
"It's alright boss, he's just showing you how much he really respects you":eek:

Reccos - Taiwan, left in August, am teaching, studying Chinese, playing footy, "trying" to shop for Regs, and wearing sports bras, only some of the time...:wa:

Power, I will also answer your questions, but lets just say if you are looking for the night life, it's here alright...as well as the women (I'll try to post some of the gals for the rest of you TTPers out there)

+SCsaidshewouldn'tgiveintothejuiceofTaiwan...:mad:

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today was a holiday in South Korea for the General Election. They don't refer to their candidates by name here though, they do it by number. Kinda funny actually. The Buddhist candidate was calling for the removal of all churches from Korea, which if any of you have ever been here, would mean a glut of red neon would flood the market. Koreans have this weird custom of showing where a church or church related office/building is by sticking a red neon cross on top of the building. From my balcony I can see about 40 of them.

The conservative candidate, #1, is calling for closer relations with the US, while #2, the liberal candidate, believes the treaty (or Status of Forces Agreement) between the two countries should be renegotiated on a more equal footing between the two. This is an issue because two American soldiers ran over and killed two Korean girls in an armoured vehicle in July, causing a massive wave of anti-American sentiment here. There are demonstrations here every week reminding people of this. I can't count the number of times Koreans have expressed relief when I've told them I'm from Canada, because "they fcuking hate Americans and Bush". Not to mention the sign in the coffee shop today that said "Don't Enter Americans". Disregarding the original take on the English language the proprietor took, I think the message got across. But we'll see. This is certainly a country of conflict. I'll post tomorrow the outcome of the vote.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
landslide either way.........

My yen's on #2 winning by an unprecedented margin but being fcuked for reelection for another term due to the fact that 'renegotiating with Americans' is, yet again, oxymoronic.

Forza #2.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty, had you put your Won on #2 it would have paid out. He won by about 2%. However, his chances for re-election are already moot because the consitution here forbids anyone from being President for more than one term. They're a little paranoid about dictators after the guy who ran the country for 30 years finally got booted.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
win won.........

I'd be interested to know how Win Won Yen plans on taking the yanks to task about his proposed renegotiation. I'm also interested by the fact that, despite the well publicised account of the yahoo yank soldiers running over the Korean children, why 48% still voted for the pro-American candidate. I suppose it depends on who actually gets to the polling stations. I'll answer my own questions, thanks.

Thoughts from someone on the front line, as it were?

I sympathise with the Korean constitutional notion of only allowing their President one term but surely the flaw in that is that, once in power, he has free reign to cokc things up in a most impressive fashion with little accountablity. A bit like Dudewhere'smybicycle being given Super Moderator status.

Political thought 101 (remedial), Fastshow.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts