Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pictures from Korea

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no true cases of SARS...

so they are saying, but there is a huge government battle because Taiwan keeps getting linked to Mainland China as an unsafe place to travel. Apparently 'we' are not to be included in any "Asian" documentation...

I'm expecting a war to break out between China and Taiwan because the whole world now thinks that Taiwan is a province of China:rolleyes:

Really, come to the Republic of China (Taiwan) where you can't catch any disease of any kind:rolleyes: I really wonder how they can explain all the quarantine stations at airports, train stations, and bus stations:confused:

BTW Reccos, you freak me out:eek:

+Sexualchocolatewasinthehousetoday

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A star is born in Taiwan...

T-Power, I thought you would appreciate this: While we were at the Beastie Boys we were approached by MTV Asia. Six, drunk Canadian chicks, had a silly little interview, that we thought for sure would be cut and left on the editing floor.

Well, one week later we hit primetime. Not only did all my co-teachers and kids see the interview, but my boss did as well.

They all played it off like it was no big deal, however there were a few jealousy comments like "you have only been in the country for a short period of time compared to me...blah blah" My boss actually said " you are now a celebrity after being on Asian TV".

Not only will I continue to wear my SARS mask for protection but for peace as well;)

+it'ssohardtobefamous:eek:

Certainly reminds me of being Fan of the Game for the Canucks (2xs) :eek:

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's too funny. I declined my only opportunity to be on Korean tv. A camera crew descended on us and asked us to say what foreigners like about Korea...
It's quite funny, they show those segments after newscasts and sporting events on Korean tv. But they show them after entirely Korean broadcasts, yet the interviews are done in English with no translation or subtitling. Good thing they have an assload of English speakers there teaching them to understand.:confused:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daily reminder...

It's getting worse, they keep replying the coverage (3times now) and I still haven't seen the dumb ass', I mean us on camera:(

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
did you feel this way T-Power

Yikes! Scarier than the SARS epidemic!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Medical Study
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:45:09 +0800

Conflicting Medical Studies

For those of you who watch what you eat...Here's the final word on
nutrition and health. It's a relief to know
the truth after all those conflicting medical studies:

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
the British or Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart attacks
than the British or Americans.
3. The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart
attacks than the British or Americans.
4. The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer
fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and
suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently
what kills you.

:confused:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
imagine this...

Okay, so it's cicada season and these things are out of control. Imagine seeing one of these babies dead on the ground. They live in the trees for the summer months and their sound is intolerable...I can't stand it... take crickets in Canada and multiply the noise by 8!

The picture below indicates the size, if not bigger:(

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Pictures from South East Asia

I thought I'd dig up this thread for a laugh. I'm going through countless signs or boards I encountered in S E Asia.

I'm not sure I understand the "Tel Phone" phone booth...

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
for Ballbaby...

This is the place to pick up lingerie. Too bad you have to go all the way to Taiwan for it... :rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
more...

This is the actual "corner" ;)

I must be a total idiot 'cause I can't upload the picture. I tried in the photo gallery, but damn, I still can't do it. Later...

Possibly it's because I didn't drink this afternoon like I was supposed :rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0