Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pictures from Korea

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
those damn nuclear weapons...

to lighten the topic a bit...

This is for The Power, who keeps asking me questions about the night life here in Taiwan:rolleyes:

No one leaves their house until 2amish.

The bars close when you decide to leave

You can find many hermaphadites (sp?), gays, lesbians and 'others' in any night spot.

The bevis are free poured

The beers are Guinness, Corona, Heiny, Karin and good old cheap Milwaukee Beast.

The women are amazingly beautiful and so are the men, when you can find the men.

The bars usually have some sort of game or challenge you must do in order to receive a free shot of poison, I mean moonshine, I mean, booze.

There are betel nut stands EVERYWHERE and hot chicks that sell the seed that makes you go coo coo for coco puffs. also makes your mouth red for hours.

Connect 4 is the game you play to win, because if you lose you must kiss someone in the bar = usually turns out to be a nasty sight of a foreigner (JJ)

Jenga is the game you play to challenge your drunk mind. Usually ends up in building a unique city over three tables. Only to be knocked down by drunk passers by.

What else can I say? You go to the bar, when you feel like it, go dressed however you feel like, drink as much as you feel like, stay 'til whenever you feel like it...etc etc.

Funny thing, when you leave the bar at 8:30 am, you pick some starfruit off the tree before you head home for your morning nap. And this is any day of the week!

+SCwithreportsthatonlyThePowerwillappreciate
;)

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe I asked once, but I do appreciate the thought.

Wow, at least you have beer. We have Hite and OB, unless you want to spend $8 for a bottle of something imported.

What else can I say? You go to the bar, when you feel like it, go dressed however you feel like, drink as much as you feel like, stay 'til whenever you feel like it...etc etc.

Kind of like me in my flashing santa hat the other night yelling HO HO HO, MERRY CHRISTMAS to the poor shellshocked Korean folk. It brought a smile to their faces at least. But that sounds very familiar to the way things are here. I'm gonna go through serious withdrawl if the bars are still only open til 2 when I get back.

And if Christmas wasn't weird enough being this far from home, we went to a firing range in a mall beside a bowling alley and a skating rink on the 25th. God Bless Koreans, every crazy one of them.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
this thread is going to turn...

into a comparison thread!

I know you asked the question once, but every time I open my PM box, I see your pm, so it felt like you were always asking.

Yes, we have good beers and only pay $4.71 (to be exact) for a Guinness/Heiny, $1.50 for Bud/Karin/Bar Beer. The hard stuff is poison, so you want to stay away!

Christmas went like this for me:

Christmas eve =

work 'til 9:30pm
cards (sh*t head)
many Heinys - 11:01pm, 11:08pm, 11:25pm (bathroom break), 11:34pm and so forth...
Cut out a green paper Christmas tree with my roomie and put 'mock' presents under the tree.
2am Hit the BBQ truck in my new "Dukes of Hazzard" shirt that my brother sent from Canada (got many laughs from the locals)

Christmas day=
found real syrup, real bacon, real eggs and cooked up a mean brunch for a few other foreigners

Christmas night =
work, with no wishes from anyone
The night ended on a great note though, hit a packed pub, only foreigner in the joint and listened to a Taiwanese band belt out Beattles songs in a great Karaoke style! One of the Band memebers actually looked like Santana= I think they called him "Wong-Santana"
:wa:

Interesting to say the least.:)

The Power : I guess we can't complain about the business hours around here, that's where our freedom starts...

+SC
best wishes;)

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wouldn't want Throbby or Knob to get upset. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt on the plane when the captain said it was currently -9 in Seoul. Holy shite that was cold. I leave the heat on in my apartment all day so its not ice when I get home, its an oven, but its not a freezer.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the pictures from Korea thread, or Thailand for that matter. Scan some more pics.

especiallytheonesofthecrackerblonde

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One cracker coming up. The blonde is the one OD referred to, although the shirt the bird on the back left is wearing was TRE-MEN-DOUS that night.

And if they knew I posted this, they'd kick my ass back to Canada. Especially the one with the shirt.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Power. Although I seem to remember the blonde being much better looking in previous pictures you sent. Here's an idea, get a better pic of the cracker shirt.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
great...

It's turning into a chick viewing thread:rolleyes: Okay, not that there's anything wrong with that:eek:

On to the weather, Power...

You didn't do your research about Korea, or did you? There were a few things that brought me here A. The average winter temp in Southern Taiwan is 21 degrees, 2. The footy teams and league, lll. did I mention the weather yet?

It was a cool 21 today, so I had to put on my long sleeve shirt and shorts, instead of the usual, shorts and tee:D ('yes' and sports bra Reccos)

Next up, updates about "This past week in Korea/Taiwan"

I'll start...

The other day I hung out with some monkeys in the wild ("no", not Jinky, Saint and Fasty, real animals).

I went to a tennis lesson with one of my students and the coach was an ex-military soldier. Man was I scared. The fact that I wasn't sure how I was supposed to act in a Taiwanese tennis club was trouble enough. I hit him a few times when I was returning balls and he kept yelling at me in Chinese. I actually found out later that he was yelling "Serena, Serena" - referring to 'Williams of course.

;)

I took in a few Tai Chi classes. Man the shite is hard. The fact that I was at least 30 years everyone's junior made it more amusing. This 80 year old man's flexibility and balance was incredible.

Power, you must be used to everyone in the park keeping up with the 2000 year old tradition. I suggest you try it, b/c it isn't as easy as you think
:eek:

I went to a 7 aside football tourney, we won a few games and lost a few. Just imagine, you are watching the Chinese league in Vancouver...every team is hooked up with sweet kit, serious as they come, but the soccer is terrible.

The final game ended in a brawl, as usual. The local refs never make calls in the foreigners' favour. My favourite was experiencing a ref wearing flip flops in the middle of the pitch and answering his cell phone in the middle of the game. Now that's Taiwan!

On to you, tell us more about the blonde, or dare you:eek: ;)

+SC:)

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
comment.......

First of all, please refrain from using my colour when posting. I turn a blind eye to your infatuation with fonts, bold type, other colours and smiley faces and dancing fcuking bananas but don't you dare sully my colour with your Timothy Leary-esque posts. Failure to obey my simple request will result in me coming 'round your house, sitting on your couch and talking to you.

And that's the biggest threat I can ever make. No one deserves that but it's what you'll get if you carry on.

........the coach was an ex-military soldier.

Thirdly, What other varieties of soldier are there in Taiwan? Ex-scuba instructor soldiers?

.......yelling "Serena, Serena"

Fifthly, he probably meant for you to calm down, your imagination has got the better of you.

..........a ref wearing flip flops in the middle of the pitch and answering his cell phone in the middle of the game.

Interesting on two counts; A). that Sean Sneddon refs in Tawain now and 3). he's finally found someone to talk to on his mobile.........

Bored shitless at work in a blizzard SIMIan

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
?

Any use for these out your way, SC? I know you've told us all dozens of times how warm it is where you are but come on, sports bras be damned.........

Go on, tell me, I promise I won't tell your man Sid........

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: comment.......

Originally posted by Fastshow
[B

Bored shitless at work in a blizzard SIMIan [/COLOR] [/B]

:rolleyes:

As for the nipple scarfs , one needs them at night for sure.

I was teaching "Old MacDonald had a farm" the other day and when I got to the horse noises, the kids kept laughing. I found out later that 'neigh neigh' means 'nipples'. :eek: It's good to know that these kids have a good sense of humor, otherwise they would report me to their parents.

BTW,
1. my tennis skills have always been grand:p

II . I don't have a couch

C. It's not as hot as it was before:eek:

+SCnotcaughtinablizzard:D

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
incident avoided

One cannot thank the Lord enough times that a weekend incident was narrowly avoided.

There happens to be a certain female from home who is also teaching in Korea. Let's just call her "breakfast". Its a good thing I got hammered on Friday night instead of Saturday this weekend, could have equaled badness. She did happen to mention to me the only other person who can truly understand what I'm talking about here, who will remain unnamed - although I'm fairly certain he knows what I'm talking about.

Other than that, a very enjoyable night.

thepowerwhoisstillshakinghishead

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm trying to calculate the timing here...

Were you still drunk at the time of your post?

I'm glad that you are posting for the benefit of this certain 'fellow', that's what TTP is (a bit) about.

On a side note, are you still thanking the common Lord or have you found your Buddha yet?

BTW, I will get some pictures posted SOON, especially the shop I went past today..."Easy Me" lingire shop. "yes" it's an English sign too:eek:

+SC

:)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0