Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pickton on Criminal Minds?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, i've always had a feeling that most TV shows use real life stories for their story lines in their shows. Some are blatant and some are vaguely close, but tonight on the Season Finally of Criminal Minds, they've proven it's true.

A 2 hour special where 2 brothers, who run a pig farm, kidnap street people, chop them up and feed them to pigs!

Couldn't believe my eyes!

They even through in the RCMP to give it the Canadian touch to complete the story

Almost hard to watch when it's that close to home.

:eek:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
geez... I'll have to retrieve that one off of the net and watch it...

CSI, NCIS, Without a Trace, and Cold Squad are all famous for ripping off real life stories, changing the names and locations and sprucing up the evidence analysis and calling the stories there own.

How hard could it really be to be a writer on these shows? Just need to pick up a Newspaper.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, I was thinking the exact same thing. As soon as the first person was at the pig farm I said to the ol' lady, is this what I think it is? I figured they took old stories for their ideas, not something that's so fresh in a lot of peoples minds. Like the way they ended it though.

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also realize writers regurgitate real life horrors - art imitating life and all that. I haven't had a huge issue with it in the past Law & Order just fired out a Caylee Anthony type episode backed by the powerful acting of Hillary Duff, but for whatever reason I couldn't do it last night. I managed about 45 minutes of it and then had to bail. Maybe because it is so close to home and we had to see all the impacted families outside the courthouse either way I scooted and played catch up on pirated Heroes episodes.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts