Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PGA Tour 2005 Banter

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's true, Vijay is as big an asshole as he looks.

Notes: Caddie Taking Break From Singh
By Associated Press - January 11, 2005
Dave Renwick said he needed a two-month break as a caddie, but it sounds like the stress came more from his boss—Vijay Singh—than the grind of the PGA Tour.

“I just wasn’t happy with the way things are going or the way I was getting treated,” Renwick told The Scotsman newspaper. “I just wasn’t getting the respect I deserve.”

Renwick is believed to have had the richest year ever by a caddie. Assuming he got the standard 10 percent of the earnings, he made over $1 million. But it apparently came at a cost.

“I never got a ‘Good morning’ from Vijay, or ‘good club’ after a shot, or ‘have a nice night’ at the end of the day. It was either nothing or a negative if he did speak to me,” Renwick said. “Being courteous isn’t much to ask. There’s only so much of that stuff you can take, no matter how good the money is.”

Singh is using his trainer as a caddie the first two weeks, then will return to Paul Tesori.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone wondering what Phil is using these days to shoot the scores he shoots
Last week it was a course record 60 at the FBR Open and yesterday shot a Course record 62 at Spyglass.
After the Masters win in 2004, he's switched from mostly Titleist clubs (except his 3 wood) to Callaway.
Unfortunately you can't get the driver he's saying is helping him drive the longest he's ever driven. It's a prototype.

Driver Callaway Fusion FT3 prototype 9.5º with Graphite Design PM 702 graphite shaft
3 Wood TaylorMade V Steel 15º
4 Wood Callaway Big Bertha
Irons (4-PW) Callaway X-Tour
Wedges (GW,SW,LW) Callaway Forged+ 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter Odyssey PM prototype
Ball Callaway HX Tour prototype

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars