Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Peg at Nationals

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Not much to add to Sarge's post... has a team ever gone to nationals w/o a win and won it? Hopefully SU O35s pick it up :D

We are having little mental break-downs at the worst possible times it seems. We've got 1 goal in 2 games with about 15 sitters missed. Defensively it seems every half chance the opposition gets, we're picking the ball up outta the back of our net... go figure.

2 weeks to sort it out which should be plenty of time for people to heal, serve suspensions, get over colds, cut hang-nails, etc.

I hope.

~Regs.

PS. The alternate kit was much better. As Reedy said, we have no built-in excuse this week :D

PPS. HOS played very well for his community :D

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Back in my old Norvan days, we started the season something like 1 and 7.

Went on to win Nationals and finished the season without a loss and won nationals for a second time in a row.

Think about that.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin

Thanks Besty, SU and Ballbaby will appreciate the heads up :D

BTW, our schedule for Nationals is this:

Wednesday: Nova Scotia
Thursday: New Brunswick
Friday: Quebec
Sunday: Newfoundland
Monday: Gold Medal Match :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Dancing Bear

Sep 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Regs,

I'm sure it goes without saying that you're toughest game will be Quebec. Same mob that was there last year.......good strong team.

Dancing Bear.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin

Thanks for the heads up... Nova Scotia is usually strong as well and it's important to get a good result the first game anyways!

Cheers,

~Regs.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs said:
Thanks for the heads up... Nova Scotia is usually strong as well and it's important to get a good result the first game anyways!

Cheers,

~Regs.

Watched the Calgary Callies play at Alberta provincials 2 weeks ago (2003 national champs) they looked strong as well. For what it's worth. :rolleyes:

Cowtown bertrum

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs said:
Thanks Besty, SU and Ballbaby will appreciate the heads up :D

BTW, our schedule for Nationals is this:

Wednesday: Nova Scotia
Thursday: New Brunswick
Friday: Quebec
Sunday: Newfoundland
Monday: Gold Medal Match :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Besty, 1-7 before going to Nationals? Did the season start in July back in the early 80's :D .

Don't take any of those East Coast Clubs lightly, they all will be very strong at home, and who knows what kind of conditions you will be playing in. I am sure none of those teams will be as strong as AFC or Khalsa, so you guys should be OK, just stay off the Screech on Friday Night, even with no game on Saturday.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Assuming the teams are the same we played last year... The Newfies were awful. Though my money would be on a different side. Apparently last year’s edition was a 1-0 golden goal winner over the team that won it 4 years in a row and the Nationals 3 years previous and was a runner up the year before. New Brunswick wasn't much better. C0cky bunch too. They stayed in a different hotel (got fined for it too) and actually said to a couple of our guys the day before... " it's too bad we have to beat you guys tomorrow. You're a pretty decent side." Was 6-0 good decent enough for you Muppets? :D

Quebec is pretty good. Though we dominated our game it was just one of "those games" where we couldn't finish our dinner. They honestly got in our end about 5 times and received 3 free kicks. Two went top corner the other off the cross bar. Like I said Regs, if this Caesar kid steps up to take a free kick seriously consider putting a man on each post. He's phenomenal at set pieces.

We didn't play Nova Scotia but they weren't too bad fromt he match I watched.

If you lose the first game might I suggest you go ala the Newfies last year and be drunk for the next 5 days… and games. :D

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
best of luck team bc =pegs,look back at your winning season & silverware last season,give it all & bring back the gold nothing less
all the best regs & crew

go pegsgo ;) :)

sid.

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Regs, I'm contemplating putting my bad back, poor kneezer, dodgy touch and lack of fitness into a Rangers' B game this weekend, unless you want me to join you for the trip and you can have someone that's actually won it before on the team!! :p ;) ;)

Best of luck, in my experience it comes down to fitness and playing as crappy as you have to in order to get the result on the day, beauty where art thou?

Cheers,
RW

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Ralph!

I believe a member of our team has won it all before actually... Didn't Brolly win it with Norvan back in the early 70's?

:D

Cheers,

~Regs.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if anybody has seen it yet, but the nationals website has posted the schedule for the group phase games.

Someone must have made mention of Peg's strict 4am curfew, as the flying horses got a plum draw with their earliest kickoff going at 11:30am.

Side note....any tournament featuring a team called the Velvet Underground Breakers should be a beaut. Lou Reed is something of a demi-god in the maritimes, or so I hear.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sid said:
best of luck team bc =pegs,look back at your winning season & silverware last season,give it all & bring back the gold nothing less
all the best regs & crew

go pegsgo ;) :)

sid.
on a serious note

good luck lads ;) ;)

gary corr

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having us play on Saturday before we leave and Friday night when we get back is shocking......all bs aside thats 7 games in 14 days.....tough to do when guys are nursing tweeks, playing hurt and over 30. :confused:

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah, best wishes and all that, we've always found that composure and cagey veterans can carry the day at nat's, and you guys are well stocked there...

oh, and finish your chances...

cheers,
rw

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good Luck!

Enjoy yourselves too...

+SC
I'm sure K-vale will provide you with some 10W-30 for the extra energy. :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find that drinking mass quantities of Red Wine straight from the bottle while sitting in the hot tub is a great start and end for any National Championship run.

Saint

ps. Did Old Reggy make one of his Classic Peg CD's for the trip out East?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts