Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PCSL Results 2003

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCSL

Since this was the opening night for the 2003 PCSL, Khalsa started off just like they finished last year. A 6-0 win over Penticton. This game was 1-0 at half and Khalsa scored 5 in the second half. Johnny Sulentic scored 4 goals and had a great game. However, even though we won we were rusty going forward and it will take time for this team to gel. The defense was solid with Penticton having very few chances. But overall a good game to build on. Now we wait for 3 weeks till our next game!!!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good stuff Ankle. I know Surrey U doesn't start until the 25th or so, of May. Some of us had to play past the first round of provincials. ;) Skagit take on Seattle Hibs tomorrow in Skagit. From all reports the Rapids may be the team to beat this season. I would say the same for Khalsa but Penticton and a 6 goal routs are all too common. Right Gomesy? JB?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
May in the PCSL

Date Day Home Team Visitors Venue Time Officials
3-May Sat New Westminster Khalsa Penticton Pinnacles Queen's Park 5:00
4-May Sun Skagit Rapids Seattle Hibernian Wally Sigmar Field 2:00
10-May Sat Skagit Rapids Penticton Pinnacles Wally Sigmar Field 4:00
10-May Sat Seattle Hibernian Team BC Interbay Stadium 1:00
11-May Sun Seattle Hibernian Penticton Pinnacles Interbay Stadium 1:00
17-May Sat Skagit Rapids Fraser Valley Action Skagit Rapids River Park 2:00
18-May Sun Seattle Hibernian Skagit Rapids Interbay Stadium 1:00
22-May Thu New Westminster Khalsa Fraser Valley Action Queen's Park 7:00
24-May Sat Victoria United Surrey United Royal Athletic Park 2:00
25-May Sun New Westminster Khalsa Seattle Hibernian Mercer North 3:00
31-May Sat Penticton Pinnacles Surrey United King's Park 7:00
31-May Sat Okanagan Challenge Victoria United Apple Bowl 7:30

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Penticton will be in shambles all summer unless they somehow get some much needed help. Refbeater played in net for Penticton against Khalsa and said they are even worse than last year. Refbeater was just helping them out for a game because their regular goalie couldn't make it down for the weekend.

cheers,
jr.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Skagit beat Hibs 1-0 yesterday.

I also see the Croatian connection has 5 of Khalsa's 6 goals.Doesn't that almost double the Croatia out-put from all of last year in the VMSL?

Scoring leaders
Player Club Goals
John Sulentic New Westminster 4
Tom Babic New Westminster 1
Matt Mori New Westminster 1
Paul Nissley Skagit Rapids 1

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Skagit lumped Penticton 7-0 and Seattle beat team BC 3-2. Two games and it's -13 for Penticton. Ripe for the picking next week at their own tourney. :rolleyes:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with Team BC again this summer, and we dropped a tough one in Seattle this week-end. The youngsters acquitted themselves well and held leads of 1-0 and 2-1 during the match, but we only went down with 12 healthy bodies and when Seattle turned up the physical stuff (they had a MONSTER of a striker they brought on in the second half who gave us fits) we kinda shrunk and they took the game to us. Still, a promising start to a "road only" campaign for the team - I figure we can get a lot better results than the ones we put up last year.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei, what is all this about?
* Team BC is not playing a full schedule but their game points count.
They will not participate in any post-season play

Hibs beat Penticton 3- buzz on Sunday. This is a good sign for Penticton, they've cut their GAA in half. Only -16 after 3. :rolleyes:

Surrey U is having it's try-outs tomorrow and Thursday at 7:00 if anyone is interested. Cloverdale of course.

The Apprentice need not apply. :mad:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the U-18 Provincial team that will be going to Winnipeg for the Western Canada Summer games at the end of July/beginning of August. Thus, they'd be unable to complete the full PCSL schedule (home and away games, that is, as well as any post-season stuff). I guess the league brass felt it was alright to have us play regardless of this restriction, and came up with the "road only" idea, which basically assures each team an extra home game for the summer season.

I like it, personally. One of the problems I had with last season was the inordinate amount of games played compared to training sessions. By the end of the season, we were just playing out the string and ended up on the wrong side of some lopsided results. I don't expect to see much of the same this year, as the conclusion of our PCSL campaign runs into the commencement of our set-up for the Western Canadians.

The name of that big striker for Seattle is Ricky Greenwood. I'm not sure if he'd be as effective against a larger defensive unit, but he was able to bump n' seperate himself from our backs which allowed them to keep possession and hold the ball up front for long stretches. They've got Hadji Sow and Poublon back who are probably their most effective players - most of the buildup on all three of their goals came through these two - and ex-Whitecap Dana Garner who has some pace and really likes to go at defenders with the ball at his feet. They're a good team.

The guy who did the writeup on the PCSL website did a pretty good job of summarizing the game - our starting keeper was absolutely huge and well deserving of the MOTM honors. But it really was a tale of two halves - had we been able to bring on a substitute or two just for fresh legs, I think we may have gotten out with a draw.

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
May 17 2003

FV Action 3-2 Skagit Rapids

Decent performance but the result should have been better in our favour. The referee gave two penalties to the Skagit side in the final 10 min of the game. :eek: Skagit are an ok side but i think their record reflects the teams they have played against rather than the way they play.

MilesLong

Sep 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monsieur ANKLE BREAKER,

You seem pretty excited beating Penticton 6-bagel but let me remind you...YOU WERE PLAYING PENTICTON!!! They probably couldn't even beat my Under 16 girls team!!

I wonder if Skagit was even more excited than you were to beat Penticton 7-bagel...does that make them better than you Khalsa???

hmmmmmm...i wonder!!

Long....MILES long

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei,

Is there a player name Louis Hughes on your team? What about Tyler Gingras? What are they like if they're on the team?

Captain

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cap,

Yes, Tyler and Louis are both on the team. Between our one exhibition and one league game, I believe Tyler is our leading scorer (or tied for it) with three goals to his credit thus far. Louis is arguably our most physical defender, which is especially important given we're a small team in comparison to the rest of the Coast League.

They've both got excellent work rates and aren't afraid to get stuck into tackles and under the opponent's skin.

Should I ask them their feelings regarding the teaching prowess of Mr. Burns?

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa

Miles Long welcome!!!

Please be nice to our friend Ankle Breaker he is just excited to be taking part in a season where he has a possibility of winning something!

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miles Long

You might want to learn how to read and go back to school...I gave a game report........I don't think I was excited. By the way what team do you play for?

Oh by the way revolutionary..........it will be nice seeing u in the midfield on Thursday against our midfield..........and while I have not seen you play.......our 3 in the middle are strong but knowing you......you will be up for the challenge

Finally after 3 weeks we get back to playing a game

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ankle breaker

with our team who knows what kind of time I will get but i assure you it will be an honour to play against the likes of your midfield. Some great players... It will also be nice to see the back of your jersey as i run past you:D

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa 2 AIA 1

On a crap day with lots of rain, Khalsa overcame a shite first half to win 2-1. We started the game off very poor and I believe a lot of that has to do with the fact that we did not play for 3 weeks. We seemed somewhat disorganized yet we were able to score first as Darko shot the ball past the keeper. After we scored we played somewhat better for like 5 minutes and then AIA came in waves. They were able to capitalize on a scrappy crap goal. In the second half, Khalsa pretty much dominated and deserved to score. Joe Marrello came on as a sub and really gave us a spark. The midfield tightened up and the defense was solid. It should be pointed that Lavi Mangat had a great game for us on the left side and was easily our best player. We know move on to Seattle which will be a very tough game as they are our bitter rivals.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is your second year in the league how the fcuk preytell(sp) are they your bitter rivals after only two games? I'll wait here. :rolleyes:

Surrey, are off to Victoria this weekend for their first match. Some INTEResting faces in the Surrey summer line up this year. I'll post more after the game.

BTW, how many Croatian players are now playing for Khalsa? Coincidence they were just relegated? Hmmm.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts