Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PCSL - News, results and a wee bit of banter 04'

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FV Action as we are now called, as I said are extremely banged up, and hence the lack of familiar faces.
We played Skagit, very young, run endlessly but not with a whole lot of purpose. Two things to be aware of, they are very good with the one touch in the attacking third, almost look like an indoor team, hold your shape without committing and you will be fine, they look for the perfect shot every time. They are also probably the worst diver's I have seen in awhile. A couple of hispanic kids who were brutal. Be careful.
Seattle I have not seen, and we will see Victoria Saturday. I did not make the trip to the Island, but by all accounts they are strong.
Have fun.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for bendy pen btw

Are you serious? That fcuker. Poach one for me next time, will yah? I think I'm off his X-Mas list- something about me saying he wasn't a real doctor...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As serious as a heart attack. I'm going back today, I'll see what I can do for you. With the prices he charges, my x-mas card better come with a hooker attached.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job...hook me up then, but don't tell him it's for me. It he knows, he'll booby trap it with one of those hidden boxing gloves that pop out of, erm, things. It's his dream for me to get whiplash and come groveling to his office, where I will fork out $45.00 plus taxes for 5 minutes of neck twisting, then convince myself (like you) that I need another visit for re-adjusting.

For those prices, he should be paying for all of us to golf tomorrow.

But I digress- back to your beer league..

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch!

How is this for a way to spend your weekend?

Get up at the crack of dawn jump on a bus and drive from Penticton to Seattle to play a game at 2:30 Saturday. Promptly get your lunch handed to you 8- nil for your troubles... Hop back on the bus and have an hour or so drive to Skagit. Wake up early, with no doubt and road trip, just lost 8 fcuking 0, style hang-over and go to your next game at 12:30. Lose 11-0 (Not a typo) hop back on that bus and hoof it all the way home to Penticton during long weekend Sunday traffic.

Thanks for coming and have a nice weekend.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Due to slumping ticket sales and a piss fcuking poor record this year Surrey United was forced to make a major move in acquiring the summer rights to Fraser Valley Summer Soccer league all-star forward Fil Zaurrini for a bag of net pegs and half-eaten Power Bar.

"It's exciting time to be Surrey United Fan" says Surrey's only fan and team mother. "I use to hate him (Zaurrini) when he stood on the side lines for Inter. Just knowing at any moment they could by-pass him for a much better sub infuriated me to know end. Him standing there with that smug look, like it could have actually be him going in next." "Now that he's here, all hard feelings seem to go away."

Surrey United is set take on The Skagit Rapids tonight at Cloverdale Athletic. 8:30 kick off.

More good news fell on Surrey, like the piss on a bar bathroom floor, as leading goal scorer Dave O'Hleucka decided to break from his heavy international commitments in Richmond, where all the Irish live, and suit up for the struggling side before he helps them take on the world, in Richmond.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in the game tonight and it was very entertaining to say the least. SU was up 2-1 against Skagit at the half and by all accounts was the better side. Then came the second half which saw Skagit aggressively taking the game to SU and ultimately winningthe game 4-2.

KNVB and Zaurrini up front with deep runs from Cam Wilson on the flank, worked extremely well in the first half. KNVB had a beauty of a header, Charisteas like, hit the goalie's hands and deflect off the crossbar. Zaurinni with lots of quick 1 touches was effective. Cam Wilson is a very talented player with plenty of speed on the ball. He is also a hothead who got sent off in the second half and helped fuel Skagit's resurgence. He will learn.

I love summer ball. The game is much better to watch and play in these conditions. PCSL ball is of excellent caliber, especially the USA teams.

KNVB, I was very impressed with your play. Don't let any of these chumps tell you otherwise. However, you are still a goofus and that cannot be helped. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Balls, though to tell you the honest truth, for once, I thought I was about as good as mint jelly tonight. I couldn't get the damn ball out of my feet to save my life, couple that with having absolutely no skill doesn't make for a productive evening. Should have scored the header, (still don't know how he kept that out) and should have, if I could dribble, scored on the shot that created the rebound for our first goal.

After Cam was sent off (10 minutes into the second) I was very lonely upfront. I lost my good buddy Pipo to the midfield and flicking balls to your self, although rewarding with the right ball, is neither useful or fun.

Goofus Mcfcukingsore.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the run....
the idea is to get into shape.
Running 90 minutes with the Yankees is not my idea of fun.
Especially watching our guys drop out of the game one by one....

The ball was sticking to my feet too...tough to handle.

But, hopefully I can get a few more games in with your lot.

Cloverdale ROCKS! :rolleyes: :wa:
Zaurrini

F

fullvolley

Took in the Skagit/SU game as well....best part was seeing KNVB alone up front, clearly 5-8 yards offside a few times and yelling at the ref like he'd been shot when they called him on it.... :eek: Then he gets a knock going in to retaliate on a tackle...but I agree, his header that the keeper tipped off the bar was pure magic - not many keepers get a ball 5 inches inside the upper V :cool: Thought SU's keeper was easily at fault on at least 2...when you're 7'5", you shouldn't be beaten high from 25 yards out! :eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed on our Keeps FV. The last one I thought was worse even if there was an obvious foul the ref missed before he got the ball. And I was only off one time thank you very fcuking much and it was only by 3 or 4 yards... :D Fcuking Uppal has it in for me. Even pawned his warm bloody beer of on me after.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hate to knock another keep (especially when i could have a few posts about me shite , but three of them looked a little weak (I missed the 2nd goal, so can't comment on that, but from what i was told it was a decent header, no fault of the keeps), the first definately took a weird bounce off the skagit players face, after a weak clearing attempt, and looked as if it was in the keeps hands, but next thing you know, it's slowly rolled to the back of the net; third goal was the shot from 25(?) yards, don't know if it moved or what, but as mentioned above, should have been stopped; and again, as mentioned above, the last one, whether there should have been a foul or not, you still have to make that save

but whatever, shite happens...when is the next game for SU?

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
crap, should've listened to my english teacher and learned to proofread...what i mean to say was: especially when i could have a few posts about me shiting the bed

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's at a really convenient time this Sunday at 2:30 (Cloverdale) Good thing there is nothing going on this weekend. Their first went off two of us then Johnny on The Spots gob and in. No fault of his. The second wasn't a header but a wicked half volley from 18. Very nice shot and would have been impressed had he made a save on that. It's 3 & 4 that were the ball busters.

Was there a TTP car pool to the game or something?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
It's at a really convenient time this Sunday at 2:30 (Cloverdale) Good thing there is nothing going on this weekend.

Good thing you'll be done by about 11:30 am then. You'll have 3 hours in the beer garden to get ready for your game :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Refreshed Bilinski produces for Challenge

Kyle Bilinski’s offensive prowess on the pitch has helped the Okanagan Challenge to an 8-5-1 record in 2004. With six goals, Bilinski is among the top 10 scorers in the Pacific Coast Soccer League. Photo Gordon Bazzana
By Warren Henderson, staff reporter

A year off, a brand new position, and a new team philosophy.

Life on the soccer pitch with the Okanagan Challenge has seldom been more demanding or more enjoyable for Kyle Bilinski.

“There are days when you work eight hours and it’s 35 degrees out, then go to practise and you’re second-guessing why you’re doing it,” said Bilinski, 27. “But even though it’s hard work, it’s great to be out there with such a good group of guys and a really good coach. We’re winning and, of course, that makes it a lot more fun. If I wasn’t enjoying it, I wouldn’t be doing it.”

The Challenge have, in turn, taken great satisfaction in watching Bilinski emerge as one of the top offensive threats in the Pacific Coast Soccer League.

The product of Rutland minor soccer is currently ranked in the top 10 scorers in the PCSL with six goals this season, and his success has come despite having to adjust to a new position.

A striker virtually all of his 22 years in soccer, Bilinski has switched over to the club’s left midfielder position in 2004. Bilinski covers a lot more ground in the course of his 90 minutes on the pitch and also has added defensive responsibilities.

“I’m sure a lot more fit than I’ve ever been,” laughed Bilinski. “It was a little tough adjusting at first, but just learning a new position has been a really good experience.”

Bilinski played for the Challenge in 1999, 2000, and 2002, and also suited up for the Okanagan Predators in 2001.

Last year, he decided he needed a break from the rigors of a PCSL campaign and was even considering spending the rest of his playing days in the Kelowna men’s league.

But this spring, refreshed and with the opportunity to play for new head coach Alan Koch, Bilinski was quick to say yes to the Challenge.

“I respected Alan as a player when I played with him, and when he said he was coming here I didn’t even have to think about it,” added Bilinski. “We’re so much more of a team than we’ve been since I’ve been on it. We’re so much more organized, calmer on the ball, and we’ve really gelled as a team. Alan brings a lot more interest to the game for us.”

And for Alan Koch, the feeling is mutual.

“Kyle’s contribution has been immense,” said Koch. “He’s recharged the batteries…and having better players around him has really helped. He’s just getting better and better.”

The Challenge, who won just once last season, are 8-5-1 in 2004 and are on the verge of making the PCSL post season for the first time this decade.

A pair of wins over Seattle and Surrey this weekend would earn Okanagan a spot in the playoffs Aug. 21 and 22 in Seattle.

“It’s been an amazing turnaround for the team this year and we want to capitalize on the opportunity we have,” said Bilinski.

“This is our chance. None of us want to finish with eight or nine wins. Ten wins out of 16 games sounds pretty good.”

Free kicks…Saturday’s game vs. Seattle Hibernia begins at 8 p.m. at the Apple Bowl. On Sunday, kick off between Surrey United and the Challenge is at 2:30 p.m.…The Challenge women also close out their regular season this weekend in Kelowna—Saturday at 6 p.m. vs. Seattle and Sunday against Surrey at 12:30 p.m.
Ah what a touching piece. Piece of shite that is. Top 10 scores in the league theres a fcuking feat when Penticton and Kamloops loose by an average of 6 goals per game. Fcuk, I've played 8 games and have 6 goals. (he brags)

Speaking of losing by 6 goals Surrey got done in by 8 to Clan last night. So short of players were Surrey that they actually brought in two 15 year olds to play. Ouch. TK with 4 which I think brings him to 9 and second place int he Golden Boot race.

Big road trip the Kelowna and Kamloops this weekend. Dunno how many players they'll have for that but it doesn't look good going in. Anyone fancy a trip away? Anyone?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa is Back!

After a much-needed break over the summer of 2004, New Westminster Khalsa Sporting Club is revitalized and fully prepared to be back and part of the PCSL again for the 2005 season, challenging for silverware as usual. New Westminster were the PCSL Men's Division champions in 2003 and won the Challenge Cup in 2002 and again in 2003 before taking a year off in 2004.

Khalsa will have several star collegiate players joining the squad for next season, bolstered by a number of former Whitecap/86er and national team members. As part of its preparation for the PCSL season the club will be undertaking a mini-tour of the USA during April 2005, with exhibition games scheduled against some MLS teams.

New Westminster Khalsa Sporting Club over the years is proud to have sent many young players on to scholarships with several colleges throughout the USA and Canada as well as to professional teams. The Club looks forward to carrying on the tradition of excellence with the PCSL.

Big P 2003 Season

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was over at the inlaws for dinner last night and ventured over accross the street to see the new look Surrey United!
What a new back 3 that was with Ballbaby, Ian Mclean , and Kevin Shultz ?
Very composed at times and almost jinky like with some of thier play out there.
KNVB, sorry man but you had yourself a stinker, not that you had any help from your mid field.
I never saw so many easy give aways in a very long time boys!
Ballbaby gave some very nice balls into the boys feet and you actually had a very good game B man.
All in all it was not pretty to watch, sorry boys.

Coach

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts