Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Parks that are mingin!!!

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How shite is the location of metro jalopy ford's changeroom's? Some common pre game speeches by coaches around the league include: don't worry about a warm up boys, we have to walk up to mundy #4. How's your one bench in the middle of the change room? Wouldn't want to have them on the outside walls where they would be useful. Why doesn't MFFC just hose down the floors so every one has to sit in water to get changed. What a joke.... PS thanks for leaving us some chalk for the board, we wanted to thank you for getting us in shape from the walk back. Leech quit gettin a ride!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adanac

Things may be fine right now while the rains have held off but Adanac will be absolutely horrible to play on/at in a few weeks time.

The changing rooms are tiny and archaic to be with but 4 teams playing there at once it's gonna be diabolical. Anyone know where teams that are using it as their home park now are gonna play later on for their home games? The fields will not last...

~TB.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
King George absolutely shite

Hands down worst park ever played on.Very tiny,hard as cement and no changerooms.It's embarassing that our 2 teams out from richmond can't get a better park,seeing how many nice pitches are out there.:confused:

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holiday,

I'll definetely have to second that shout. The only good thing is that starting this weekend we will be able to play on the nice field @ King George. Still no changerooms but most of us change at Sportstown.

For future reference, If anyone is playing Sportstown there are changerooms and showers located at the facility. The complex is basically right across the street from King George Park. There is also a very nice Pub Restaurant as well.

The changerooms are especially nice when the rain hits!

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pinky Tuscaderos Park

Zeus

Why do they open that park later than the others,it is better than the one with the football posts on it,and yes i've had the pleasure
of playing at the indoor facilities and it is great,Good changerooms,good food and good drinks.It's good that you posted that option.Still shite park though.How about.....................Minoru:D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
richmond parks:)

Yes.....K.G. # 1 is the good park! But only for a coupld of weeks and then it will be the shits too:(

John

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say King George and Minoru are exactly the same....After a few weeks of games they both are shite.

As for the "Mighty TTP Division"....RUFC only knows one division and that's first division. I admit they have alot of experience in that division as they never seem to be able to get promoted.

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girls

As for RUFC only knowing one division your right, but thats what you get for getting a bunch of little sissy's that can't think for themselves in as your U-21's (and then they leave when there couch doesn't like things). Maybe if we would have got pink shirts and started drinking ciders you girls wouldn't have left and we would have a top team right now.

can'twaittogetagameagainstsportown

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry about going off topip,but if I tell you what the better park between minoru andking George you know we will loose our park to the pinkies.

Animal

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vmsl Parks...

Most pitches played on in the Vancouver Metro League are SHITE!!! Unfortunately, the parks in the Fraser Valley are far superior (too bad the quality is a far cry from that of the metro league)...big changing rooms, full size and lined pitches, no baseball diamonds attached, and most are sand based because they are so new (meaning they don't flood often)...I can't understand why everyone gets so bent out of shape when they have to travel 25 minutes out of Vancouver to play in Surrey? Yeh, I realize Surrey doesn't have the best rep. but it could be worse...I guess it must be out of jealousy that too many lads hate coming to play in the Valley on such a beautiful pitch!!!

IHATELADSWHOMOANABOUTGOODPARKS!!!:mad:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
speaking of changrooms

Nothing like going to a winters game at Beacons field last years home of the Inter lads. I love to change with the other team in a room with no heat and only 4 shower stalls with only enough HOT water for 2. (quick showers that is) Not like the field turns to Muck after 2 good rains and a drizzle. Last year the damn thing had frozen puddles under that big fcuking tree that drops crap all over the left side!

(I did not look does inter still play there?)

No one should ever moan about going to Surrey for a game we have the best field for the longest amount of time! (minus the 2 field walk from the changeroom) :) That reminds me is Kinsmen (kingsmen??) still open? It did rain last night! Anyone? Looks like a new club house is also in the works for us in the some what near future! TV, Bar, pool table stuff like that. Sounds good!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver

Can't the city for once line a pitch.

But the worst thing is the city cuts the grass on MONDAYS....that means 6 days later, the grass is long again. Rocket scientists over at the parks department.

Sorry for sounding like such a Sapperton homer, but Sappperton Park is great in the winter. Mud, sand, b-base diamond....you can't beat it!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Call me crazy . . .

. . . but maybe you should take it upon yourself to line a field. Most teams do. The Park Department isn't responsible for lining fields -- just the maintenance. Under rare circumstances, the city may "burn" lines into the fields, but usually under advisement or consultation with a club or district.

Dip into the beer fund and buy a liner.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper is Crazy

Thanks for the tip, Keeper.

We do line the field every game, but do we have to dip into the beer fund to buy a sit-on lawn mower? Week 1 this was the case and we had to cut some areas that were 8 inches long, and Sunday it needed it as well.

As for burning in the lines.....we plan on doing that in 2 weeks time.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great

Bob~

That's the last thing your field needs is more deep holes down the sides.

Yourfieldhasmoreholesthanyourdefence:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb is a boob

We'll see how many holes our defence has when we play you twirps.

I'll make you a bet.....I'll even give you 2 - 1 odds. If you score, I owe you a beer. You don't score, you owe me a pop. I'm sure the Captain will see this as a fair wager.

Hey, I'll even make time to chop the Dormers a few times while I mark you. Brian Donald and I have been talking about this game for weeks.

BTW, you're only as good as your last game.
:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts