Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup MOTW (Quarterfinals)

Which is the Pak Cup MOTW?

• Langley (P) vs ND Lions (P)

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Aldergrove (P) vs Whalley Storm (1)

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • GN Sport (P) vs Langley (1)

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Poco (P) vs SUFC (P)

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Despite not being a part of the festivities this upcoming weekend, I thought I might appease the masses (read LFC2), and present a version of the previous MOTW threads. So, without further adieu.......vote for Pakenham Cup MOTW:

Langley (P) vs North Delta Lions (P)

Will the high flying Langley boys continue riding the wave, and roll over the Lions like they did in League play?, or will the Lions play more like cats of prey, than the pussycats we have come to know? :p

Aldergrove (P) vs Whalley (1)

The "Promotion/Relegation Match". An interesting one indeed as we will now gain insight into just how close the top of Div. 1 compares to the bottom of Premier. Aldergrove have become accustomed to being giant killers in the Pak cup, but can they beat the midgets as well?

GN Sport (P) vs Langley (1)

Skill vs Determination. GN seem to be peaking at the right time of the season. Will their style match up well against the likes of "Big Bitch"?, or will the big'un make a meal of the finesse players, not sharing the left-overs with Star #1? :p

Poco (P) vs SUFC (P)

After two devestating league losses to GN and GEU, will Poco be able to regroup and make a bid for a semifinal spot?, or will SUFC pull another surprise from their bag to tricks?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to have you back Skip. You can put my now down for fan club registration as well.

This cup has Langley's name all over it. I've thought so ever since GEU were knocked out. They'll shove whatever pride the Lions have left down their gob's then more than likely have to play a pesky Aldergorve to reach the final. As for MOTW, GN vs. Langley 1. not that the result will matter when they have to face Poco the next round.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exit stage right, North Delta Lions, Langley (1), Aldergrove & SUFC

SEMI FINALS

Langley v. Whalley

GN Sport v. Poco

Skip, its about time me ole mate. Glad to have you back.

Cheers

max power

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
and roll over the Lions like they did in League play?, In case skip didn't look at the results from league play, we beat Langley 1-0 the second time we played. That said, it's going to be very tough to beat them again.

Storm, Poco, and GN will win the others though

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as it hurts me to say, I have to give Whalley the MOTW as they are trying to prove they belong in Prem. Of note, they lost Nick for the season....big loss.
The rest...Langley P, Poco and GN

STILLTRYINGTOFIGUREOUTHOWWELOSTTOALDERGROVECAT :eek:

amazing_hands

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
While the top div 1 side versus the bottom side from the Premiership is interesting I think the MOTW definitely would be Langley vs. ND. Langley is a solid side I see an upset in the making here.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Max, forgive me for not noting your win. I seem to have a 5-0 drubbing fresh in my mind still. Was that the score of your other meeting??

Stepchild said:
Of note, they lost Nick for the season....big loss.

big is an understatement......this is an "OBESE" loss!! :eek:

Deceptively quick feet, and amazing skill though. Even the BEST defenders can be made to look silly marking him. :( Whalley to take this match.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley to walk over lions

storm will beat aldergrove but it will be match of the week

GN will destroy langley

Poco not playing their best soccer but it is Surrey so they pull out the win

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Sorry Max, forgive me for not noting your win. I seem to have a 5-0 drubbing fresh in my mind still. Was that the score of your other meeting??

It was our first meeting of the season with half of a different team.

I seem to have some fresh thoughts in my mind too.
How the "mighty nations" season dreams are already over.

5th in the league and out of cup. x-champs!
comparing to;
7th in the league, still in cup, may go further in cup? 1st year prem.

please compare the two and tell me what fresh thoughts come to your mind.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OOOOooooooh

Lion with a crushing blow to the solerplex.......

And the nut sack........

MOTW is Langley vs. Lions IMO.
I just wouldn't discount the youngsters at this point.
They have nothing to lose and everything to prove.
I think this one could be a cracker if the Lions are deep and healthy and show up with their game faces on.

Langley #2 will be in tough against GN but this match will depend on who adapts best to other's style of play.
Two very different teams IMO.

I have a hunch PoCo won't bottle their match.
No disrespect Big T, I rate PoCo at this point.

I think we'll see the Strom in the semis too.

Jealous,

RF

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION said:
I seem to have some fresh thoughts in my mind too.
How the "mighty nations" season dreams are already over.

5th in the league and out of cup. x-champs!
comparing to;
7th in the league, still in cup, may go further in cup? 1st year prem.

please compare the two and tell me what fresh thoughts come to your mind.

ahhhhh......Lion, did my comments cause a crease in your starched collar?? (or is it still standing perectly rigid?) :D

Can't argue with your points regarding our dissapointing season this year. My only response is this: We got two W 's against your lot, despite our less than spectacular effort this year. One win with your "real" players, the other with your "fillers". Our fortunes seemed to follow us into cup play however, and we were unfortunate to draw a strong GN team in the first round. Losing in OT two men down was dissapointing, but my thought is that this team will win the cup, should they continue playing as they have. Losing to the eventual Champs would be a small consolation. ;)

One last thing Lion, before I let you get back to pressing your jersey........

You've got to be a Champ first, before you can be an "x-champ".....and sonno, you're neither! :eek: :D

Talk to me when you've won something other than a free dryclean!

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Skip. A pleasent and most entertaining discussion.

Interesting mix of games.

I have to think that Langley 1 has a chance being in the club and all, but GN at their best will be tough to touch. GN.

POCO/SUFC. MOTW. My upset. They (SU) were much stronger last time we played them, young and energetic. POCO sounds sluggish out of the break. SUFC with the shocker of the weekend.

Aldergrove/Whalley. Saw the Storm early in the year and just played Aldergrove. Tough one but I see Aldergrove finding a way to win to salvage their very dissapointing return to the show.

LUFC/Lions. I can tell you we will not be taking them lightly. They beat us as we just could not score that night. Got to believe that we will take it if we are near the top of our game. LUFC.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: OOOOooooooh

Rangerforever said:
MOTW is Langley vs. Lions IMO.
I just wouldn't discount the youngsters at this point.
They have nothing to lose and everything to prove.
I think this one could be a cracker if the Lions are deep and healthy and show up with their game faces on.
... and if they aren't missing any starters ;) and if the collar is up ;) and if KR can't think of any other excuses ;)

Awwwwwww FCUK... I admit it... I'm just jealous that the pukes are still in the fcukin cup and we aren't. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: OOOOooooooh

Rangerforever said:
I think we'll see the Strom in the semis too.

.....and we might even see the Storm too. ;)

Skipwithabruisedsolarplex&nutsack

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, nice time for Whalley/Aldergrove. 8 PM Sunday on Cloverdale turf I just noticed. I am assuming field in Whalley is closed?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drive Bys are up this week in Compton and the Hyperdermic Needle Patrol Union is engaged in a labour dispute with the City of Surrey.
The pitch is a mess and riddled with bullet holes, addicts, pimps and hookers.

Cloverdale's burnt turf appears to be the logical alternative.

Caution coming to the south side is advised. :cool:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Day

Well, the masses have spoken......and it's official.

Just 6.5 hours to kick-off for the Pak Cup MOTW

Any last thoughts, memorable qoutes, bad cliches, collar starching incidents etc. that the major players would like to add before the big match??! The adoring public would love to hear. :D

LFC2?, Utah?, Fenian? (yeah right :rolleyes: ), Dude? Lion? Joey? et al.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts