Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2004

Who will win the Pak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draws are out and I don't like this at all. Even though it is very favourable for our team.....I think all D1 teams and CAT teams with the lower Prem teams should be playing in round 1. There should defintely be a seeding for top Prem teams IMO. I don't like seeing a last place D1 team in the second round....I want to see the best teams that deserve to be there. :(

Round One Jan. 23-25
Game 1 Delta Metro United P Sat Delta Metro Highlanders D1
Game 2 Aldergrove United CAT Surrey FC Rangers D1
Game 3 Langley United FC D1 SUFC Lions CAT
Game 4 Poco City Dominion P Fri Poco Raiders D1
Game 5 GEU Ultra P Fri Chilliwack Rapids CAT
Game 6 GN Sporting Club P Fri Peace Arch United P
Game 7 Poco City Dominion CAT Poco City United D1
Game 8 Langley United FC P Sat Peace Arch United CAT
Game 9 Aldergrove United P Langley United FC CAT
Game 10 Port Moody Fury D1 GEU Ultra CAT
Game 11 Chilliwack Rapids P Fri Dewdney Razorbacks D1

Round 2 Feb. 6-8
Game 12 Winner Game 8 Winner Game 1
Game 13 Winner Game 10 North Delta Lions P
Game 14 Whalley Storm D1 Winner Game 7
Game 15 Winner Game 9 Winner Game 5
Game 16 Winner Game 3 Winner Game 2
Game 17 Poco City Hotspur D1 Winner Game 6
Game 18 Winner Game 4 Winner Game 11
Game 19 SUFC Red Devils P Sat Surrey Metro Sporting D1

Round Three Feb. 20-22
Game 20 Winner Game 12 Winner Game 13
Game 21 Winner Game 14 Winner Game 15
Game 22 Winner Game 16 Winner Game 17
Game 23 Winner Game 18 Winner Game 19

Semi-Finals TBA
Game 24 Winner Game 20 Winner Game 21
Game 25 Winner Game 22 Winner Game 23

Final TBA
Game 26 Winner Game 24 Winner Game 25

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know who made the draw but it's another ringing endorsement for organizational abilities of the FVSL. It was obviuously a random draw to see who gets the byes through to the second round. How hard would have been to have the random draw involving Premier teams only making all the lower divisions play in the first round.

My two cents!:(

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T

I had no idea the CAT teams were in this year.

A draw is a draw, but it is kind of weird that two Div. 1 sides and two of the lower Premier teams got the byes.

That PAU/GN opening matchup is a tough one.
Two good premier teams who haven't done as well in the league as they should have.
Winning the Pak is a viable alternative to getting to the BCs and only one will advance.
To which point when they might face the Rangers.
And we know what that means.
Unlucky. ;) :rolleyes:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thing is, there are lower division teams that are equal/better than some of the premier teams. I understand the arguement, but it is the top cup to enter and every team that enters think they have just as good of a chance to win as the top premier teams.
Luck of the draw. Besides, that is what makes the cup a challenge. Just go out and win.

BTW, The Rangers have a favorable draw so I am not going to bitch (champions 2/3 years as a div 1 team).

Yastepchildknowshewasawayallthreeofthoseyears!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is a little strange, though. You would think the league would want to pre-seed the Premier teams, so as to give the league the best chance of fielding a strong four reps for provincials.

On the other hand, you can’t really argue with a random draw. It makes it interesting that a couple of clubs got lucky with favorable byes to the second round.

If they had pre-seeded it, people would bitch because it would be obvious that the league is trying to stack it so the strongest teams advance.

At the end of it all, the finalist will have to go through some top teams to get there. It should be fun!

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeding

If they were going to give byes to 5 teams it should be the top 5 in Premier.....or last year's cup winner plus top 4 so far this year.....or something to that effect. Sure its a random draw but you can't have weaker teams get into the second round....I hated that about the Pres cup too, and I think the league should rectify that. Hey I'm glad that our prem team is in the second round....and soon they'll be joined by our CAT team after we upset Langley ;) We'll play with 10 guys to make it fair for Langley, just like last sunday's game :rolleyes: :D

PS - Ranger, Whalley also got a bye. I hope we play in the second round. :D

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Metro

DMU Highlanders vs DMU Premier is one of the more interesting 1st Round matches.

HighlandersgetanotherWorldCupgame.;)

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pak draw

Absolutely shocking set-up!

Poco vs Poco as well as Poco vs. Poco.

My bet is two Poco teams will come out of the first round to join the Poco team with a bye.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millsy?

What is wrong with a random draw?
For one it is fair and square.
Two,how do you seed teams.We have been to final the last three
years,why should you be ranked ahead of us?
The metro league does not seed teams I believe.(correct me regs if i am wrong)
This also sets up a great chance to see upsets for teams that come in to over confident.
I think the best teams will win, and that's the luck of the draw!

coach.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ONE MORE THING

Sorry boys but i have a couple of more comment in regards to this years Pak cup.
This is the Pakenham Cup, not the Premier Cup!
Any team can enter in div 1, cat, and premier.
The F A cup does not seed teams and nor should they.
Put your name in the hat or don't go in the damm cup.
Once again why should any of you guys get a seeding over us,just because you play in a higher league?
Win the fcuking cup and then come talk to me about being seeded!
Some teams just don't like the draw,and i can't say i blame them.
But that is what it is, a DRAW!

Good luck to all. (oh yeah, go rangers go!!!)

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach,

I was going to reply to your rant about being treated fairly because your a poor down trodden div.1 side but it ain't worth my time and I can't type that well:D . All I can say is anyone with common sense would realize this isn't the best way to have a cup competition.
As far as your FA cup comment I think you'll find that there are prelimenary rounds for lower ranked non league teams before the big boys enter the mix.

Poor luck to all. (go sheep go!)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL Imperial Cup

Originally posted by MILLSY
How hard would have been to have the random draw involving Premier teams only making all the lower divisions play in the first round.

Todays Imperial Cup consists of all premier teams and div. 1 teams that want a shot at a Provincial berth. There is also a Div. 1 Cup and Div. 2 Cup, so the Imperial Cup is only 32 teams.

I think it was much better in years gone by when every team in the VMSL was entered into the Imperial Cup. First round started with Div. 3 teams playing off, from a random draw. Then the second round saw div. 2 teams come into the draw with the winners from the 1st round. Third round saw Div. 1 teams and fourth round, the premier teams entered the Cup. I thought it was great with close to 100 teams in the cup, the lower division teams didn't allways get knocked out first round in an embaresment to a premier team, and the better teams came into the compitition in the later rounds.
This Cup was very close to the F.A. Cup in England which I think is one of the most exciting Cup competions in the world, with all kinds of upsets and strange match-ups.

Too bad the FVSL could not do this, not that I care about what the FVSL is doing, but I may be playing there very soon with 6-nil games in the VMSL:(

hos

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pakenham Cup Preview

Twenty seven teams in the Cup.

Much better:cool:

When was the last time we had that many teams playing in this cup.?

I had suggested to the League that to try and promote the CAT division and get guys to play there, they must make them sign A forms and include them in the Pakenham Cup to give them a shot at a Provincial birth. Otherwise, what the fukc are you playing for in the CAT... The Presidents Cup...whoopdyfukcingdoo:confused:

This will make the Cup way more interesting and promote the CAT division all at the same time.:cool:

As for seeding.... No way. Get out there and win on the day. If Aldergrove CAT team ( example) wins it then they have obviously earnt it by going past some pretty good teams to get there. They should have just as much chance as anybody else, so why try to eliminate them in round one at the expense of a premier team getting a buy.

Check out the draw lads... :D We can't meet the Rangers until the final again.

Cheers - Official holder of "Precious"...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Crafty Cokcney
If Aldergrove CAT team ( example) wins it then they have obviously earnt it by going past some pretty good teams to get there.

I should say.
Especially when they play the Rangers first round.

TR: Not bad at the maths eh? :D

The Eye sees Precious and it's coming back to Mordor.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Rangerforever
I should say.
Especially when they play the Rangers first round.

The Eye sees Precious and it's coming back to Mordor.

Thankyou RF , it was the best example to take from Round 1

The Eye sees fukc all, as it is wearing rose coloured glasses

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU...

The only problem I have with this set-up is with our club we would want to have at least 4-5 subs for the Premier teams Pak cup and prov cup run's. That would leave our CAT team in a bit of a bind as they are losing 3 players in the new year because they are going to Asia and would esentially ruin an excellent season (so far) for the younger lads. I realize the point of the system is to serve the Premier team when they are in need of players but you need to lock in your roster as of January? Our CAT team may be playing with 10-11 guys tops.

bertrumfeelingtheCATteamhasdoneverywellthisyearintheCATleagueaswellaswhentheyget"thecall"

Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty !

It's a joke putting the Cat teams in the Pak cup the whole purpose of the cat league is to produce up & coming premier players. So some of your best players will be moved to there premier teams,so why not put them in the presidents cup they can make a run at the Prov B cup , ask the Storm & Lions how it was they went to the Prov B cup. Also what happens if your Premier team meets your Cat team it makes no sense . You don't want that to happen ! The Cat teams should be on B Reg forms.

Cheers
Rex:)

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GEU...

Originally posted by bertrum
The only problem I have with this set-up is with our club we would want to have at least 4-5 subs for the Premier teams Pak cup and prov cup run's. That would leave our CAT team in a bit of a bind as they are losing 3 players in the new year because they are going to Asia and would esentially ruin an excellent season (so far) for the younger lads. I realize the point of the system is to serve the Premier team when they are in need of players but you need to lock in your roster as of January? Our CAT team may be playing with 10-11 guys tops.

If you think your CAT team will struggle, you do have the option of transfering some squad players from your Div 1 or Div 2 etc. to help them out with numbers prior to the deadline. After all you are one club.

Just a suggestion. May not work in GEU's case

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts