Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2004

Who will win the Pak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a lot of whining on this thread with some good points and bad ones also. My opinion may be different but I believe it works.

I always thought a team was a group of guys that played together all year. If your team, whether it's CAT or Premier, relies on call ups every week than your not much of a team. Look at the teams who have won over the past few seasons. Rangers and Delta. Neither of these teams used a call up system other than in an emergency situation. They both succeeded as TEAMS, not a different group every week. This goes for the teams in lower divisions which have been successful over the past few years also such as the Lions, Storm and even us Highlanders. I am not sure how Poco & White Rock work but I am sure their premier teams are set player for player weekly. I also think their CAT teams are very similar?

The CAT system can be succesfull if used right. Pick a TEAM and then use the odd experienced player to help the younger guys learn and play as a TEAM. If your CAT team is half kids and half called down "premier" players every week than obviously your screwed when the Cups begin. This just shows your system is not working and you need to do more recruiting or drop your CAT team. It has nothing to do with how the Cup is run.

Just my two cents. :)

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stating the obvious

Originally posted by STD
The best teams will be in the final because the teams that don't lose get there.

Wow STD that's one insightful statement, you must be related to Tom Larschied!:D

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a reminder of dominion's lose to aldergrove but I forgot you played on the cat side last year that lost to a div. 3 team in the presidents cup. My apoligies

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millsey I just think the team that scores the most is going to win:cool:
Sid you're always confused just remember to wipe the smart hole.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a lot to say about the whole system but l'll keep it mostly to myself. It is impossible to make it fair for everyone, when it comes to the cat/prem system. At some point is has to end, if both are playing for the pak. The teams with the most injuries or lack of players is going to suffer the most.Both of are teams will be hurt by this. Im wondering when the decision to let the cat teams play for the pak was done? It probably wouldn't of matter when the decision was done, partly because there is little you can do about injuries and so-on.As far as the draw, I have a problem with the byes. If you don't want seedings, thats fine,
but don't give cat or div 1 teams the bye.If you give teams the bye, it should be to the top teams in prem, this year.I don't know of too many leagues that allow their lower division teams to get byes before higher div teams...

Ps: Coach, can I get in this bet.....If we loose to the Raiders, not only will I pay up the beer , but quit coaching for ever.....
OOps, this could end up on the raiders locker room wall...:wa:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osame

Some very valid points Osame, it is a bit strange to see cat teams and so on get the byes?
That being said,no i won't bet you on this round,but if you get lucky and win round 1.
We will bet on the next round!:rolleyes:

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osame & Coach !

The next round if Poco City get through would be against the Razorbacks or Chilli Prem . This would be a good match with either team getting through.

Cheers
Rex

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CAT teams should not be entered into your league cup under any circumstances. Imagine the tumoil it could cause within a club if a CAT team somehow manages to win it.

Then again, I seem to remeber reading something about the league not even wanting a CAT division this year. Perhaps this is the league's way of foreshadowing next year?

~Regs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree

It could also be bad for some CAT players who are asked to sign for the Premier club permanently for cup and the CAT team struggles because of it.
I know that's how it's supposed to work but some people still get their knickers in a knot over it.

Can someone settle the argument once and for all.
If a player from CAT signs to a Premeir team for Cup, is he then only allowed to play Premeir for Cup or League as well.

I've heard both from diffenent people.

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach , Coach !

Ha Ha Ha !

Your right they should win!
Remember were just one of those Div1 teams .
They are one of those premier teams that are so much better than us lonely Div 1 teams.

Cheers
Rex:)

buhner

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Coach , Coach !

Originally posted by Rex
Ha Ha Ha !

Your right they should win!
Remember were just one of those Div1 teams .
They are one of those premier teams that are so much better than us lonely Div 1 teams.

Cheers
Rex:)

well rex there is only about three teams in div 1 ,, that maybe could pull of the upset. i thing must of the premier teams should come away with a win....

buhner looking forward to playing poco again ...:wa

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I agree

Originally posted by Yoda

Can someone settle the argument once and for all.
If a player from CAT signs to a Premeir team for Cup, is he then only allowed to play Premeir for Cup or League

During the REGULAR Season a player signed for CAT or PREMIER can play in either of the teams games or even both games. Once the deadline is reached, whatever team you are SIGNED for is the team you will represent in CUP Play. (But nothing changes for league play).

Premier teams will obviously sign the best 15-16 guys available amongst the two teams without disrupting team chemistry which is obviously equally important. I would imagine that a couple CAT players in most clubs would get the nod and sign premier for cup play just to add depth. The only unfortunate thing about this is playing time. It is possible that a top CAT player won't see any action durning the cup play, whereas he would probably play 90 mins in his respective CAT cup games. I am sure most club executive's will use judgement in determining where players should be signed, and if they don't they will join the ranks of the FVSL Exec trying to run the cat system out of town.
After all the season would be pretty much bust for a team that was left with 11 players, and obviously getting only a fair shake at one post-season match...

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Coach , Coach !

Originally posted by buhner
well rex there is only about three teams in div 1 ,, that maybe could pull of the upset. i thing must of the premier teams should come away with a win....

buhner looking forward to playing poco again ...:wa

Hey buhner

First learn to spell before you speak you fcuking jackass !!!!

i thing - is that some sort of new chilliwack talk that you inbreds talk out there instead of english !!!

rexthinksbuhnerhasbeensniffingtomuchcowshiteoutinthewack!!!!

Cheers
Rex

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Re: Coach , Coach !

Originally posted by Rex

rexthinksbuhnerhasbeensniffingtomuchcowshiteoutinthewack!!!!

Cheers
Rex

I believe it's "too much", not "to much":rolleyes:

Who's the jackass now?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0