Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2004

Who will win the Pak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertrum:

You just hit the problems of the CAT system on the head - cup play (leaving aside the challenge of playing for promotion/relegation). I know it is the rules provincially, blah, blah, blah.... but.......

All season long CAT and Premier players move back and forth until cup play and the system is gone. What fcuking sense is that? Why have a CAT system if it is gone when you most need it? Late in the year for many teams cards and injuries catch up and that is when you need reserve players like in the pro leagues these guys are trying to imitate.

The dilemma is: do you have a full CAT team so there is no room for Premier guys needing a game to play down or have no cup run for the CAT guys (like us at Sapperton) as we can barely field a team for cup. Last year we played Div. 1 Cup and had no subs for any of the games. The prior year we played Imperial (one game) and to field 11 had to sign a player only to lose 5-4 to Peg Olys and be out in 1 game.

If CAT is going to continue these issues have to be addressed but I doubt they will. Vision is not one of the strong points of BC soccer types.

Rex:

Ask your CAT players who cannot play for promotion/relegation if they want to have nothing in the way of a meaningful cup to play for. We ended up as Sapperton's CAT team and that was the single biggest issue for the players - no promotion and the relegation issue. The prior year we finished with 23 points in 18 games and had a fight in Div. 1 VMSL with Sikh Temple to avoid the relegation playoff with Bosna. We tied that last game and Sikh Temple went on to the playoff winning it in PKs. That is exciting for bottom teams but nothing like that happens in CAT.

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty! GEU doesn't act like one club!

The purpose I was told by the FVSL execs for the cat teams playing in the Pak cup was Prov A spots without the Cat teams we would only have 3 Prov A spots , thats because the VMSL has more teams & also more teams on A Reg forms.

Cheers
Rex

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Crafty !

Originally posted by Rex
It's a joke putting the Cat teams in the Pak cup the whole purpose of the cat league is to produce up & coming premier players. So some of your best players will be moved to there premier teams,so why not put them in the presidents cup they can make a run at the Prov B cup , ask the Storm & Lions how it was they went to the Prov B cup. Also what happens if your Premier team meets your Cat team it makes no sense . You don't want that to happen ! The Cat teams should be on B Reg forms.

Cheers
Rex:)

Rex,
You have some valid points however, what better opportunity than to try and prove yourself as an up and coming premier player. Your club decision to move up all good players in time for the Pak is something internal. Personally, the club should leave the CAT guys where they are for Cup runs. If you have guys registered to CAT that should be playing Premier then make the switch. Worst case scenario is you are getting an existing premier player coming down in exchange.

What a kick in the nuts for the CAT guys who are trying to make Premier all year, or who are ultimately focusing on getting there eventually, to tell them at the end of the season..." By the way guys, thanks for helping the Premier team all year, you now get to play in the "Mickey Mouse" cup for a shot at some Provincial tournament that nobody gives a fukc about anyway.".

Leave the Presidents to the Lower Division guys ( No disrespect intended ) not the CAT teams.

Hey Rex, just one mans opinion. I'm not saying its right, but you have to way up the advantages and disadvantages alike and go with what is best for the League and player development.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU doesn't act like one club!

You got that right Rex. Last week the Premier and CAT teams were turfed from our practice facility by the President of the club. He said the field can't be used, no real reason given. After one of our players asked where are we supposed to practice he replied "go play for another club if you don't like it" Nice. So now we practice in a 20 x 20 yard mud bowl with the under 12 girls squad. The pitch is illuminated by 2 - 80 watt bulbs. Once again nice.

Rant over. Carry on.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty

It's very pink outside today. :D

Bertrum:
They would have the same problem I guess if they were in the President's (Knight's), except that the competition would be obviously less fierce.
Pitfall of the CAT problem I suppose.
Since when did Yoda become 'young'?
Mind you, he does have a beautiful young MILF for a wife. :eek: ;)

Crafty:
Good point on the Div. 2 call up, but then you're shafting that Div. 2 team in the end I guess for their cup.
A bit of a vicious circle.
Like I said, great point though.

Rex:
Tough start in the draw pulling a strong Premier team.
I would have to think other than the PAU/GN draw, your match has to also be another interesting first rounder.
Best of luck against Chilli.
And no, I'm not being sarcastic here. :)

PinkyTuscadaroforever

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Crafty !

Originally posted by Crafty Cokcney
What a kick in the nuts for the CAT guys who are trying to make Premier all year, or who are ultimately focusing on getting there eventually, to tell them at the end of the season..." By the way guys, thanks for helping the Premier team all year, you now get to play in the "Mickey Mouse" cup for a shot at some Provincial tournament that nobody gives a fukc about anyway.".
Leave the Presidents to the Lower Division guys ( No disrespect

The CAT team and it's players know this in advance and should understand that during cup time that situation may happen. I agree however, if I was a CAT player I wouldn't be happy. Alot does depend on injuries, suspensions and lads taking off to Asia.:D

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Crafty

Originally posted by Rangerforever
Bertrum:Since when did Yoda become 'young'?
Mind you, he does have a beautiful young MILF for a wife. :eek: ;)

MILF, what does that mean?:D Yoda can't be that old because I saw him at Electra Pizza in Maple Ridge at 1am last Friday night. :D

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question

Let's say you have a player who is signed on the "A" form transfer to the "B" form for the cup. He is now officially registered for "B" for the rest of the season.

My question is, after the cup play is over, can the guys still move up and own between the Cat team and the "A" team?

In other words, once the transfer deadline is over, are players still allowed to move up and down within the club during regular league games?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My three cents (because I am worth more than 2 cents):

I like the fact that the league has signed all Div. 1 and Cat players to "A" forms.

Well run clubs will have all their ducks in a row come cup time, and will more than likely want to field the strongest team based on their needs / goals. That may mean transferring two or three guys to the Premier roster before the deadline. That said, it gives the rest of the boys a chance to get some high level competition, and prove themselves. It's the best time of the year for that BECAUSE everyone is hurting for numbers, is in card trouble, and playing with injuries. The winner is often the team that has been the most fit, disciplined, well managed, and not to mention the toughest individually. For experienced players it's the time of the year to shine, and kick it up a notch, while for younger players it's a chance to show they have what it takes.

Can't wait...it's going to be a blast!
:D

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever

I agree it is a tough draw but I would rather draw a premier team first round we have nothing to lose . We will have to step it up a notch! Plus a couple added signings! The Storm & you guys got a pretty good draw I see.

Cheers
Rex

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You knew I'd bite....

Originally posted by Dude
The winner is often the team that has been the most fit, disciplined, well managed, and not to mention the toughest individually.

Why thank you, Dude.
Your years observing at Surrey FC has done you well.
Did you have to give EVERYONE our blue print?
Yeeesh......:rolleyes:

Gurps:
I'm quite sure the rules are only for cup play after the deadline.
I'm almost positive you can still go up and down in league play.

99%sureforever ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertrum

MILF i believe means Mother I'd Like as a Friend. At least it better be for Rangers sake! :mad:

Yes, we will be in a bit of a pickle when the cutoff date comes. We may not be able to field a full team at all after that date. As for bringing players up from Div 1 etc, i thought that once a player played for a team in either cup he was tied? No?

Ranger, please put a whooping on Aldergrove as they gave us our first loss of the season. Not that it was their stellar play that did but but none the less.
Be careful though. They are on a run, knocking off the top 2 cat teams in the last 2 weeks.

YodafeelingyoungaseverbutstillburpingupgarlicfromElectra.
:D

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: facility????????????

Originally posted by can
bertrum how dare you call our tragic practice box a facility :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pardon me. How about cowpasture. PAU believe our whole club works on a farm, so that seems appropriate.

Nicely.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Crafty !

Originally posted by Rex
It's a joke putting the Cat teams in the Pak cup the whole purpose of the cat league is to produce up & coming premier players. So some of your best players will be moved to there premier teams,so why not put them in the presidents cup they can make a run at the Prov B cup , ask the Storm & Lions how it was they went to the Prov B cup. Also what happens if your Premier team meets your Cat team it makes no sense . You don't want that to happen ! The Cat teams should be on B Reg forms.

Cheers
Rex:)

I agree

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger

Just noticed that not only are you playing the team that gave us our first loss of the season, we are playing Port Moody Fury, who gave you your first as well. And both i believe were at the bottom of their respective divisions when they beat us.

How embarassing.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What?
That I think you're wife's a MILF?
Don't be embarrased, I'm not. :D

At least when you play them, it'll be two 'young' sides.

Geritolforever

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the idea of a random draw it makes it fair for everbody. In the end every team pays the same amount of money to play and certain teams should not get benifits over others. The best teams will be in the final because the teams that don't lose get there. Besides its not like any mighty premier team will loose to a lowly div. 1 team eh Dravan:D

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD

If you're suggesting that our Premier team is going to lose to the Raiders............:rolleyes:

Wouldn'tbeprudentnotatthisjuncture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts