Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pacific Cup 2011/12 to include FVSL, VISL and VMSL

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the VMSL has worked their way into the Pacific Cup started last year between the FVSL and VISL. I can't say I'm thrilled with 8 of 16 spots but it is what it is I guess.

First round draw was done already.

PACIFIC CUP UPDATE

This season the Pacific Cup will include the addition of 8 teams from the VMSL -Vancouver Metro Soccer League. There will be 4 teams from the VISL - Vancouver Island Soccer League and 4 from the FVSL. The DRAW was held this past Sunday Aug 28 after the Senior League meetings with BC Soccer.
1st Round - (If tied after 90 min straight to PK's)
Games to be played on the weekend of Sept 23/24/25

• Peace Arch Utd (FVSL) vs. Rich. Hibernians (VMSL)
• Columbus FC (VMSL) vs. Poco FC (FVSL)
• ICST Pegasus (VMSL) vs. Gorge FC (VISL)
• Gordenhead (VISL) vs. West Van FC (VMSL)
• Surrey Utd (VMSL) vs. Cowichan FC (VISL)
• Port Moody Gunners (FVSL) vs. ICSF Inter (VMSL)
• Bays Utd FC (VISL) vs. Delta Utd Hurricanes (VMSL)
• Metro Ford Wolves (VMSL) vs. Surrey FC ACBC (FVSL

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the VMSL has worked their way into the Pacific Cup started last year between the FVSL and VISL. I can't say I'm thrilled with 8 of 16 spots but it is what it is I guess.

First round draw was done already.

PACIFIC CUP UPDATE

This season the Pacific Cup will include the addition of 8 teams from the VMSL -Vancouver Metro Soccer League. There will be 4 teams from the VISL - Vancouver Island Soccer League and 4 from the FVSL. The DRAW was held this past Sunday Aug 28 after the Senior League meetings with BC Soccer.
1st Round - (If tied after 90 min straight to PK's)
Games to be played on the weekend of Sept 23/24/25

• Peace Arch Utd (FVSL) vs. Rich. Hibernians (VMSL)
• Columbus FC (VMSL) vs. Poco FC (FVSL)
• ICST Pegasus (VMSL) vs. Gorge FC (VISL)
• Gordenhead (VISL) vs. West Van FC (VMSL)
• Surrey Utd (VMSL) vs. Cowichan FC (VISL)
• Port Moody Gunners (FVSL) vs. ICSF Inter (VMSL)
• Bays Utd FC (VISL) vs. Delta Utd Hurricanes (VMSL)
• Metro Ford Wolves (VMSL) vs. Surrey FC ACBC (FVSL

Yes, I agree...can't say I'm thrilled with 8 of 16 spots either. Perhaps next year we can up this to 10.

Some interesting matches on the horizon...I wonder what happens to the scheduled league games this weekend?

:cool:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cool, I assume home team listed first, which gives me a great reason to be super early for my game that Saturday at SSAP!

I'll make the first (Based on absolutely nothing) predictions.
Something I noted, which could have been by design, is that the FVSL doesn't play the VISL in any first round games... which means it could theoretically turn into a VMSL Cup after week 1.
PAU over Rich Hibs
Columbus over Poco
Peg over Gorge
West Van over GH
Surrey U over Cowichan
Inter over Pomo
Delta over Bays
Wolves over ACBC

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
some very very interesting first round games...

2 that stick out Peg vs Gorge, and TA's boys in Poco and ALMOST part of the clanbus vs none other than columbus. Not gonna miss that one.

TA...possible second rental @ Swangard??

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were any teams seeded for the Carling Cup....errr....I mean Pacific Cup?

I may be wrong but I was under the impression the three respective League winners from the FVSL, VISL and VMSL along with the Provincial Cup Champion would be seeded.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is the prize for winning this competition? A provincial spot?

Rules and Regulations PACIFIC CUP 2010
DURATION
Each game must have a Winner - After 90 minutes, straight to PK's to avoid scheduling extensions on TURF fields.

FINAL HOST
Final to be decided later by coin toss - alternating HOST if not 2 teams from same league

DISCIPLINE
Red Cards - to be handled by HOME league

Yellow Cards - As per BCSA Provincial Cup e.g. 2 yellows = 1 game Suspension for Pacific Cup

PERMITS
Permits - 3 players from your CLUB System

SEEDING
VMSL 4 - VISL 2 - FVSL 2 seeded teams

SPONSOR
TBA

WINNERS
1st Place - $1000 2nd Place - $500

REFEREES
Scheduled by HOME league; Final To be determined. Teams pay $60 for each game to share cost. (except FINAL)

Referee sends RED Report to HOME league who forward to appropriate ADMIN for the players league

HOST league received $250 grant for Referees and field cost

PRIZES
1st Place Trophy provided by VISL (teams do not keep this trophy)

Trophy provided for Winner to keep (HOME league pays for Trophy for Winner to keep)

T - Shirts for Winners
SCHEDULE
1st Round Sept 23/24/25
1/4 Finals Oct 28/29/30
Semi Finals Nov 18/19/20

FINAL Sat Dec 3

DOUBLE HEADERS
Where possible and to aid travel costs we will have teams travel together and hopefully play side by side games

HOSTS
Host team to accommodate the travelling team with changing rooms and showers and bottled water

OVERTIME
Semi Finals and FINAL

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard that the main sponsor is carlsberg...It's funny how we drew Columbus. Should be a great match up. I'm just glad we were not drawn away to the Island lol

TA

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As most of you know Gorge has dropped out.

Results up to date:

ICST Peg 4 - Westside 0 *Westside filled in for gorge by winning a coin toss over Abby

Port Moody Gunners 2 (5-4 PK's) - ICSF Inter 1

Coq. Metro Ford 2 - ACBC 3

Just teeth right now.

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 - 1 delta over bays, not quite the same team i saw last year vs peg.....got there for the 2nd half and it appeared delta smaller but much quicker, #19 stood out above the rest. Just left to hone the golf game for tomorrow and West Vanc looked quite good early against Gordon Head a number of decent chances finally a PK gives them a 1 zip lead, more pressure but for some reason Gordon Head starts playing and dominates the next 20 minutes with a number of chances finally after hitting the crossbar a rocket off the post ties it up....more pressure [surprisingly] and a tremendous run by an extremely quick #10 ? and he hits it by the keep for a 2-1 Gordon Head halftime lead.....quite a number of chances by both teams could have resulted in many more goals.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus tied up late and game went straight into pk's. Both keeper's with a few good saves. Poco got the victory.

barney

Jul 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gordon Head win 4-3 on pk's. Gordon Head keeper had an outstanding game and stoned West Van time and time again.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United - 5 Cowichan - 0 could have been worse, Cowichan keeper made a bunch of great saves....

obob

Sep 25, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
"This is great!

Why hasnt anyone thought about a bc premier league?"

It was discussed and almost implemented, but VMSL backed out last minute.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts