Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Over 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The up coming Over 30 soccer season is just around the corner. I know the Peace Arch team as well as other teams have started training for the highly competitive, highly talented FVSL over 30s.

Here are some of the rumors and banter regarding the over 30 sides.

Teams not returning;

Aldergrove have desided that the over 30 is to competitive and are going to play in the first division. What a bunch of WANKERS. These guys have a good team and where always giving teams a good run. They also finished in the top 5 and qualified for the Provincials.

Langley Olys have not yet decided to put a team into the outdoor league. They also have a good team and finished in the top ten. They are however in need of some younger O30 players but still a highly competitive team. Rumor has it they will not be playing outdoor this year.

Peace Arch Breakers are not returning due to lack of interest and not being able to field a side.

New Team;

Surrey is entering a new team. I am not sure of the name but John "Fire Hose" Manti is running the team. I hear through the "grape vine" that he has some great talent coming from the VMSL (premier, div 1, and O30 teams). There is no doubt that they will have a good team and add more to an already strong league.

It will be a great Over 30 year for the FVSL. I am predicting early that both provincial O30 and provincial O35 "Champions" will come from the Fraser Valley.

lookingforwardtohearingfrompetersoon

yours in scuttle-butt,

5bt :D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bt,

I'd be interested to here your take on the GEU over 30's side. We've played a few friendly's with them over the years, and personally, I think they're a bunch of cheap wankers. Any thoughts?

TR.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR,

I think they're a bunch of cheap wankers. Any thoughts?

I would agree with you TR. We have only played them once. The game was all one-sided. A tie was the best we could do on the day.

Honestly, with a full team we would have hammered them. They do have a couple of handy players but over all a bit of a choppy team.

I believe GEU finished 8th. They are not a team you would worry about but you can not take anyone for granted.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bt,

I don't think the Over 30 topic belongs in the FVSL thread. From experience, only yourself, Ballbaby and I seem to post (other than slags from the odd 70's and 80's post-flower children). Maybe (which might just be the most misspelled word on TTP) this year will be different...but I think we should move this into a more generic area.

Anyways, pretty bold predictions for the Valley. I don't have a clue how it will unfold this year. Our team is pretty much the same: no John Catliff (he never played much for us anyways) and what appear to be a couple of quality pickups but we haven't signed anyone yet so who knows? There's been a shakeup of sorts at a local soccer manufacturer that could affect our chemistry but first practise is this week and I know that a lot of guys are away on holidays so we may not see how it's going to be until our first game. We played all summer together though so hopefully we can hit the ground running.

This might be the year in our league for a changing of the guard with us, Firemen, and Columbus getting a little long in the teeth. Burnaby Canadians had new blood last year and who knows about the new teams coming up (Lobbans and Andy Capps are back in 1st this year).

I think this is the last year for an O-30 BC Champion so whomever wins it will get to keep I suppose.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Over 30's this Year

Many problems took place with the BBY. CNDs. O30's (due mainly to Clarky) that they have left the club and now are called Burnaby Fireman Over 30's.
They are no longer affiliated with BCFC, which is probably for the best.

HOS~

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over 30's

Well, I am happy to announce that the North Shore Coaches League, has affiliated with BCSA this year. We took a year off, in a silly squabble with BCSA. They lost $5700 of our money,and we found out how bad ref's can be when you are an "outlaw" league.It all had to do with the League not liking, BCSA ,telling us how to discipline our players. We stood our ground, and got what we wanted as a league. But at the cost of our teams not being eligible for the Provincials.

We voted to go back in, so we would be eligible for BC's, and then find out this is the last year. I guess we will become an Over 35 league next year.

B.Ward
President NSCL.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know

Welcome to TTP Hedkandi,

I think there are a couple of Coquitlam old teams but I'll let the others in here clarify that... I'm not sure Port Moody even has a men's team to play on, nevermind O30's and beyond.

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think

5BT,

I think Peg qualify for this thread too. So feel free to include them in all your banter for the upcoming season.

Captain

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSCL

Welcome back to the BCSA. I feel its best for the future of this league. However I did not find the Refs to be a matter of concern, however I did come to hear that in a game played last year in the NSCL that one particular team did recieve 7 yellow cards without a yellow carding a second player! You must have had the full 24 man squad in attendance!

An outlaw indeed. The refs name must have been Josey Wales :D

seriuosly Bernard, Good work to get the league in fine standing and keeping it well run.

Cheers & see you on the park this season,

hedKandi

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week One.

I have placed the schedule for week one of the FVSL Over 30's Division on the calender. I will be adding week two shortly.

TR.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
~regs~

I think you can shorten the name of this thread to just LEGENDS :D

Captain,

I know Peg will be reaching that Oldtimer / legend statis quite soon. I'm just not sure if they can handle the pace of the O30's.

TR,

Posting game schedules for the FVSL O30 makes us all feel that we are a special part of the new TTP community. Well Done!!!:)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posting game schedules for the FVSL O30 makes us all feel that we are a special part of the new TTP community. Well Done!!!

I have to be nice, because I too will be there soon.:eek:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • because I too will be there soon.

TR,

Let's hope you don't have to play for that Haney team.
    ;)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alais, we have finally reached the week. The real fitba players' have been gearing up for it, week one.

PA have there first game on the road against Mt Lehman. I'll let all you over thirty-something fans know how things turned out Sunday evening after all the soccer and drinking have finished.

over30soccerislikeabeergardenatyourfavoritesoccertourney:D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well how do you like that? Our game has been POSTPONED! What the hell is with that?

I guess I'll pretend there is a game and simply start drinking early. Mrs. Ballbaby will never know. She doesn't waste her time reading the O'30's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts