Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Over 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over 30's

It has been confirmed, that this will be the last year of the Provincial cup for over 30's. They are going to over 35's Western Canadians. The East will have their own Eastern Canadians. There is no plans for a national final between the winners.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand that there is a possibility that the FVSL and VSML over 30 leagues will at some point be playing regular season and playoff games next year or the year after. Only rumors at this point.

PA 2
Surrey Rangers 3

Highly competitive game and some pretty entertaining fitba for a friendly. Rangers have a very good team and should have no problem posting many, many wins in the Div 1 of the FVSL.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to the first game of the FVSL over 30!!!

PA 4
Mt Lehman 2

What an absolutely fabulous day! The weather was great. The park was in excellent shape! The fitba was magic! The beers where even better!

Mt Lehman was a game group but lack the talent. Two mistakes by our very own Net Minder gave them two gifts.

PA was in total control, knocking the ball around like a bunch of soccer GURU's and looking as if it had not missed a beat from last year.

OH Yeah lets not forget the great job by the ref! :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 2-1 Academico

Academico actually played fairly well but I think that the close score was more due to a lack of fitness from a few of our boys. That will change quickly. We also missed quite a few "sitters" that usually are guaranteed goals.

I almost lost my mind listening to the screaming wife of an Academico player who doesn't understand the "offside" rule. Her voice was piercing and she followed me down the perimeter of the field. I should have insisted that I be moved to the centermidfield position away from the "train whistle". This is the same woman last year who screamed encouragement to her "boys" to "keep it going, they're getting tired". The only thing is we were already up 6-0. She's right, we were tired,.......of scoring goals.

We'll take the three points and carry on.

I sure hope I don't come across as arrogant as our VMSL team. I mean all us ex-premier guys don't even come close to the skill level as that team. ;)

We sure try hard apparently.

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HEDKANDI,

Total Marine Celtic play in VMSL Over 30's Premier. We've always played there but had a tough time a couple of years ago and were demoted to 1'st division. Won the league last year and are back up where we should be. Beat Westside last week 5-3, crazy game. Play Columbus this week.

We train out of Coquitlam.

Good luck to the rest of the over 30's this week.

Craigo

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A Correction

Craigo,

It's the West Coast Over 30's League, not the VMSL O-30's League...you did beat us 5-3 though, that much is true. We played like shite for last 60 minutes.

I got home from my son's game Saturday afternoon to an email from our ex-keeper Merkl who, after apologizing for leaving it so late, informed us he had signed with Clan for the year. What a guy!

It was a wierd game; we were up 3-0 and proceeded to let 5 in to get on the losing side of the score. Kind of how we start every year. This week we've got Inter (who've never beat us) on our new home field (Hillcrest) with a full squad. Hopefully we can rebound to get to .500.

Good to see another WCOTL poster!

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,

I agree, both teams stuggled at times and glad to get the 1'st game of the year over with.

Nice to see you over at Hillcrest. I am going to miss Quilcheena, as much as, you must have missed coming out to McLean last year.

I expect a much closer/ tighter game next time. Too bad about the lack of notice from Rob. M. We played together on some Provincial teams ( long time ago ) and always a class act. Surprised to see him go to the Clan.

Is that SFU Clan in our division. Heard that they were lucky to get away with a tie against Lobbans.

Good luck agains Inter on the weekend.

Craig

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Craigo,

He's playing VMSL First Division. I haven't spoken with him personally, but in his email he referenced a substantial "incentive" to sign with SFU for their Pilgrimmage to Premier (with the assistance of Kindel and a few others). I noticed they lost 3-1 in their first game and I heard he played out for most of the game.

Even though five went by him, I was pretty happy with our replacement's performance Sunday. He misjudged Phil's shot from 30 (or more) but the rest were due to shoddy marking on our part. He hadn't played in years and was asked Saturday afternoon to play for us. I liked his aggressiveness and quickness but was a little dismayed at his size when I met him Sunday morning.

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,

By Wednesday night at training Phil's shot was upto a 45 yard cracker far post on a rope. Yeah, whatever Phil.

I noticed after the game a nasty gash on your keepers left eyebrow. Missed it during the game. Must have had my head between my knees looking for air after chasing Billy Johnson around all game.

Anyway, too bad about Robbie. What a waste out though!

Craig

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Peter and Craigo,

If Merkl was playing out and I know he's not bad out. Who was playing in the bag?

Geoff Iabonta(sp)? Or someone else?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5BT's,

Don't know. and although I'd like to say "Don't care", I would actually like to see them get relegated, the bastages...

peterwho'slookingforanewdiscountsoccerretailer

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,

I understand that Robbie will not be able to make a full committment to the SFU team. They play Saturdays and he works ever other Saturday. I know you guys will miss having a good Keeper.

Now for something completely different!

PA - 5
IFC - 2

The beat goes on... PA wearing brand new all black kit, looks smashing by the way soccer fans! IFC was a average team with some good players and players who have to be carried by the good ones. They recieved two gift goals both suspect PK's given by a ref who obviously felt a wee bit sorry for the spanking PA was putting on the IFC team. IFC gave a good effort but they lack fitness and finishing.

PA knocked the ball around nicely and carried most of the play during the game. A good victory for PA.

How where other games today?

itstimetogetalltheoverthirtylegendsonthissiteandpostingonthethread:D

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yahoo!

Westside 4-2 Inter

We were down 2 and came back to bag 4, gotta like it!

Met J_B today after Sporting went down 2-1 to the A-men (he's a strong outside back). They have a good team and were unlucky not to bag more. Hillcrest was hopping from 10am: salmon bbq, Cardhu, and all the beer one (maybe more) could drink.

What a day for soccer. Every game that I saw paid a minute or two respect for the poor souls in New York. Time to move forward.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Inter keeper was crap. I was shocked that you guys didn't finish off some more. Nevertheless, 4-2 works for me.

How come you never call anymore? ;)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firefighters vs firefighters?

We played the new team in our league, the Surrey City Firefighters. They are actually a group of Vancouver Firefighters. Seeing as our team has several Surrey Firefighters and a North Van firefighter and a Delta firefighter, we were curious as to who would be on this other Surrey team. They are a good hard working team.

It was a hard, physical game, and I really enjoyed it especially after I calmed down after a few "altercations" early in the game. Final score was 1-0 for us, Surrey United. We did miss some opportunities that should have been in the back of the net. We have only scored three goals after 2 games. That is very rare for us but Surrey City played us hard. They will definately take points away from many teams this year. Looking forward to the next meeting with them.

Tinman played right fullback for Surrey City and I was impressed that he could still be as effective as he is. I mean this guy has been through the ringer with injuries, but he doesn't complain. I laugh when I hear some of the current premier players rate themselves higher than some of the current Master's players when they played premier. If they only knew. I want to see them playing like Tinman and many others when they get to their age.

Our goal was a great shot by Ferraro outside the eighteen that their goalie had no chance on. Their whole fricken team is over 6'2" and our crosses were not as effective as we would like so the goal was going to come as a shot. They didn't really have any quality chances other than a free-kick that hit the crossbar that our goalie would have got his fingers on anyway.

On to next week. We have decided that we would all share the coaching responsiblities and everyone takes two games assuming some of us may choose not to accept the responsibility.
Should be fun!:rolleyes:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firefighters'

Balls,

Exactly how many Firefighter teams are there playing in the various leagues? (Quite a few me thinks..)

Does' the West Coast O30 league have two firefighter team also?

You always play better after you settle down! Surrey City must have had a poor turn out last week. I heard they lost to PoCo 3 - buzz.

lookingforwardtothematchupagainstSU:D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5Bt's,

I never said I played better after I calmed down, I said I enjoyed it more. :D

Yes, they were missing players against Poco.

It will be more competitive this year and that is a good thing. Looking forward to our first meeting as well. Would you happen to know when this will be?

By the way, when it is my turn to coach, we will be conducting your favourite excercise, the "Cooper run". Of course, I cannot participate as I will have to observe and record the time.;)

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5BT's

The WCOTL has the Firefighters (they won the league last year) and the newly named Burnaby Firefighters (formerly Burnaby Canadians). The Burnaby team is younger. Ballbaby, Tinman played with the other team for years and was reffing last time I saw him.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PA 3
POCO 0

PA continued the winning way, through the heat of one very fcukin hot day at McLean park today. POCO gets a lot of credit for beating the Surrey Firefighter team, earlier this month. PA had total control of a difficult game. McLean park is a huge field. Playing at noon also took it's toll. POCO is a game team but lack the talent of the top 5 teams in the Over 30's. POCO played a mostly kick and run style and had two horses' front running, creating chances for their side. Lack of finish was a problem or they could have had one or two. Woody started the scoring for PA with an absolute laser to the bottom right corner. Two more quick goals sealed the deal. The ref in this one was absolutely diabolical. PA on a bit of a roll, but lots of fitba left to be played.

Next weeks matchup is a battle of the undefeated PA and SU. Should be a good one. South Surrey 10am.

See you next weekend Balls. It'll be fun!:D

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSCL

Norvan posted another win 4-0 over the lowly Nordic, as did Freybe; knocking Pegasus 3-0.
Again Div 1 being shaped those 2 teams.
Chasing 3rd are Pegasus and Meralomas.

Coveside, Malones and Lupo are battling for Div 1 supremacy.

Its still early days though...

hedKandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0