Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

O35's Masters Provincial Draw 2002/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone going to this draw tonight @ BCSA?

unfortunatly no one from NSCL will be in attendance. Can someone post the draw when they get a chance.

cside17

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
draw as is:

http://www.bcsoccer.net/bcm/bcsocce...256CF1006F3730/$File/MASTERS CUP SCHEDULE.PDF

and since the URL's a million characters long (and may not actually work), here goes (home team first):

Surrey United vs Nordic
VISL League winner vs Freybe
Total Marine Celtic vs Westside Miloni
Aldergrove vs Club Inter
Pegasus vs VISL League runner-up
Surrey FC Firefighters vs VISL Cup winner
VISL Cup finalist vs Columbus
Vancouver Firefighters vs Dartmen

I checked the Island web site; their League Cup finalists are Gorge FC A and Lakehill Frolic (sound familiar?) Not sure who the other two reps are going to be, but these games are supposed to be played April 12 & 13.

Finals this year are supposed to be at Town Centre Park in Coquitlam.

Piece,

Stew:cool:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WCOTSL Cups....

Only slightly off-topic.....:D

League Cup
Vancouver Firefighters 2 Columbus 0

Masters' Cup
SFU Celtic 2 Cliff Avenue 1

Both games played at Port Moody Turf yesterday.

Piece,

Stew:cool:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 9 - 1 North Shore Nordic

It should have been much worse but we didn't see the need to keep filling the net. They were missing their U-35's but I fully expect we would have raised our game that much more if they were present.

Ugly winds and rain made for a long day. One of their players was coughing so bad that he came close to puking several times. Another player was limping badly but played quite valiantly.

What bothers me about this game is that a team like Peace Arch who I would rank in the top five in the province is not in the competition and the Nordic is in the competition. I understand that Freybe's conceded their game to an Island team. That is two spots from the North Shore that were basically wasted. The Valley would have appreciated those spots. Next year, the North Shore must take the BC's more into consideration.

Anyway, I'm not here to bash the Nordic because they are classy guys who competed to the end. They missed the young guys and that's that. Our "old" guys are second to none and our "young" guys aren't so young, although they play like they are.

One other thing, Nordic's goal was a great effort but Muirhead's full volley from 30 yards out into the top corner was a beauty. It's about time Morehead contributed.;)

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Ballbaby
Surrey United 9 - 1 North Shore Nordic...

What bothers me about this game is that a team like Peace Arch who I would rank in the top five in the province is not in the competition and the Nordic is in the competition. I understand that Freybe's conceded their game to an Island team. That is two spots from the North Shore that were basically wasted. The Valley would have appreciated those spots...

...especially considering one (valley spot) was taken away and given to the North shore league because they lobbied for it with bcsa. Isn't it ironic?...don't cha think?:eek:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shocking

It's nice to see all the best fitba in over 30 soccer is still out here in the FVSL.

I find it humourous that the NSCL is barking and whinning about the Provincial's when they can't even compete with or without there under 35 players.

All that barking about getting the spots is all for nothing when you get hammered 9-1 and then to have a no show....

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: shocking

Originally posted by 5bigtoes
It's nice to see all the best fitba in over 30 soccer is still out here in the FVSL.

Division 1 FVSL to be correct. ;)

BTW, although the Firefighters had their game sealed early last weekend in their 3-1 win over Victoria, I really thought the level of play was awesome.

Both sides impressed me, especially the Firefighters of course. :D

Best of luck to all teams left.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably will regret this....

But here goes!

5Bt, Ballbaby;

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL REPLY BY NSCL!!

Guy's, yes Nscl lobbied for a 3rd provincial spot. We have 14 teams, Fvsl has 16, previously they had two more spots than us.

Two extra teams are not worth, 2 extra spots!

1) Pegasus won their game!

2) Freybe had to default- this is unfortunate,unexpected, and beyond the team/league control. BCSA would not allow an alternate to step in.( See below)

3) Nordic-Should not have been there, somehow pulled of a 3rd place finish. Did not have a team at the end of the year, due to suspensions,injury, or ineligible players. Some of the the players, did not want to enter. Any team this short, who resort to signing 50 yr olds, at the deadline are doomed to failure.

NSCl submitted our 3 teams with names, and or qualifying designations, when requested by BCSA. Unlike other leagues, who submitted on Tuesday April 8th. First rd started 12/13th

If we had submitted positional designations, we would have been able to substitute an other team, when problems arose with one of our teams.

NSCL will continue to lobby for 3 spots. And next year will produce a better showing, as I believe the league will put something in place to ensure this happens.

Gotta go have dinner now as the wife is screaming, will add more later.

Cside17

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know cside, just because you have a bunch of teams playing in your league doesn't mean they are any good or deserve to get a berth into a competition which is supposedly the best in BC in this age group.

You were out of the competition for the last couple of years and then got a doughnut thrown your way this time around for becoming affiliated with the BCSA again. Good work in getting them this year but I don't think you deserve the same number next year.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just my two cents worth.....

The NSCL never stated at any point that our league is of the quality of other leagues, what with the smaller player pool to draw from, and the North Van Rec. Commission imposing a 75% North Van residency clause. However, we adhere to the same set of BCSA quailification rules that the other leagues do. No matter what the organisation, there are going to be stronger and weaker divisions ( ie the NHL ) but as long as teams meet the governing bodies criteria, they should be there. If you lot have a beef about the NSCL having three spots, take it up with BCSA, it's their tourney. Have a good Easter weekend.

lupoman

sorrytohaveleftcsidetwistinginthewind

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry Cside...one team does not make a league.:rolleyes:
You had me thinking peg beat Surrey U. there for a second, but they play tomorrow at Cloverdale at noon vs. Victoria.
Go Surrey U.:wa:

jua

Apr 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fvsl's Sorry firefighters

A bunch of big lads with limited skills. I thought the fvsl would have been more competitive. Van Fire was right, they would come out hard but fitness and skill would kill them. This can't be the league winners? You do need a couple of extra spots in the provincials hey Aves, 5Bigtoes and Ballbaby......

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jua,

What was the score, 1-0 or 11-0?

You refer to them as "Sorry F/F's" . That would actually be funny if your result was a little more "lopsided" but it wasn't.

I wish I had the nerve to publically ridcule another team after beating them 1-0. :eek:

As far as the FVSL goes, competitive or not, at least they show up and have done so, year after year. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the rest of your games and maybe with a bit of luck, we will actually meet in the finals. First we have to get by Victoria Athletics. At least they know they get to play a game today.:)

jua

Apr 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby,

Basically what I am saying is that the NSCL can compete with any of the O'35 leagues in B.C. A team like NorVan was ready to play in place of Freybe or Nordic but BC Soccer wouldn't allow it because of a typ-o. Nordic should not have played. They are a good team but without their younger players they can't compete. I know and have played with alot of players in your league (and your team especially) .I'm sure the FVSL is one of the better leagues in BC but there are alot of good teams out there. Correct me if I'm wrong. I read a post about Peace Arch being #5 in the province. How did you/they come up with that? Where do you rate?
As for Surrey Firefighters,( had a feeling you'd be the first to reply) they are a bunch of classy (massive) guys. They did come flying out of the gates but when the game settled each team had chances to put the game away. Of course they put the pressure on with 10-15 left being down a goal. Clean game with shite rfng more often than not.:)

Good luck today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts