Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

O35's Masters Provincial Draw 2002/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 3-1 Victoria Athletics

We played OK but not like we can. It's the same old thing, if we put our chances in early (and there were plenty) we can soar.

The field was rather bumpy and definitely is showing the wears of many games this year. It made it difficult to dribble the ball. An interesting observation was made today. Nobody on our squad successfully dribbled around an opponent without their toe knocking the ball into a different direction. We put our teammates in the shite with our passes at times, and forced some difficult balls, but in the end we finally found the net.

Looks like we play Coquitlam Celtic in the semis and Columbus beat Firefighters today so they play Pegasus in the other semi.

Good luck to everyone.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
celtic rematch

A rematch from 2 years ago in the over 30's final...SU vs Coquitlam Celtic. :cool:
Coquitlam had an easy time with Aldergrove but I predict a different result this weekend.
SU have been on fire since that exhibition against PAU:D

Just look at how they swarm after the ball. :D :D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Recognize this former Peg lad patrolling the back for SU?
A BC champion at the Premier and over 30's levels I believe...did he not score the winner one year with his heed? Was that the final?

jua

Apr 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
former Peg lad

Aves,

Believe it or not, that ancient Peg lad was a stellar striker circa 1984-85 . I even have a video to prove it

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 4 - 1 Coquitlam Celtic

On to the finals against Columbus. Same as last year.

Murray Howes with two, Kelly Bey with one, Brian Cuthbert with one. Decent game, but I would like to see us be a bit more patient with our build-up.

I watched from the sideline nursing an injury but hope to see action next week. It was a fairly physical game with ole man Farquhar taking the hit of the game. He thought his heart stopped or was about to stop beating. After I moved his fleshy breast aside and confirmed that there was no paradoxical movement of the lateral chest wall, and that indeed his heart was still functioning, he regained his demeanour and we nursed him to the sideline. It was quite the hit, I must say!

Howes continues to show his dominance in the air with two headers that scored and even Spiney Cuthbert headed one home today. I believe Spiney had at least a 3" vertical. ;)

Our U-21 team is in the finals, as is our open team as are we. Our open women's team was unlucky today but three out of four is pretty darn good. Like it or not, it speaks well for our Surrey United organization. Personally, I like it! I like it a lot! :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After I moved his fleshy breast aside and confirmed that there was no paradoxical movement of the lateral chest wall,
I like this too. I don't understand it, but I like it. :D

Yeah, team Surrey.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
pegs vs columbus

I couldn't be there but apparently the Pegs keeper stood on his head to keep the score at 3-1 for Columbus. Congrats to Columbus for the victory and to the Pegasus boys for getting to the semis. It has been a while since an NSCL team has made it this far. Well done to all and good luck in the finals.:)

lupoman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0