Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What. No criticism of tamara litch for playing the race card?

If she's actually Metis, then in theory she could make the application for what are called "Gladue" factors to be applied during her sentencing. As I said, it seems a stretch in the circumstances, but I know nothing of her and our top Court has recently reminded us that sentencing Indigenous offenders is a different calculation where those factors exist.

As for criticism, I think I've been clear what I think of her chances. However, I frequently spar with right leaning folks about the legitimacy of Indigenous based sentencing reductions. Intergenerational trauma in this country IS real - not in every case, but in some. I've represented enough of these people and dug into their backgrounds enough to know that.

Do I like "playing the race card"? Depends on whether there's an evidence based reason to do so. If there is, ok. If not, fcuk off. Kind of like any other assessment of arguments that are made in court...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's Creepy AF. It scares me a bit to see China going into a no-tolerance lock-down. Is this another variant, or are we still on Omicron? Lost track.

Just returned from Chicago, which is a fairly woke and Democratic city. Masks only for public transit, cabs, and Uber, and even some of the Cabs and Uber are fed up and don't bother.

Airports are all masked up, but that's the only real indication you'd see that the pandemic exists.

It's still very, very weird coming home to YVR. The international arrival area just outside of baggage is all COVID-19 signage, carboard booths, and makeshift testing facilities for random selected testing. Just weird, haven't seen that anywhere else I've had to travel in the last 6 months.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's Creepy AF. It scares me a bit to see China going into a no-tolerance lock-down. Is this another variant, or are we still on Omicron? Lost track.

Just returned from Chicago, which is a fairly woke and Democratic city. Masks only for public transit, cabs, and Uber, and even some of the Cabs and Uber are fed up and don't bother.

Airports are all masked up, but that's the only real indication you'd see that the pandemic exists.

It's still very, very weird coming home to YVR. The international arrival area just outside of baggage is all COVID-19 signage, carboard booths, and makeshift testing facilities for random selected testing. Just weird, haven't seen that anywhere else I've had to travel in the last 6 months.
TBH I try not to pay alot of attention to it anymore but this caught me off guard as one of my shipments was supposed to depart yesterday is being delayed a full month because of the lock downs over there.

Next wave Should be here just in time for summer!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TBH I try not to pay alot of attention to it anymore but this caught me off guard as one of my shipments was supposed to depart yesterday is being delayed a full month because of the lock downs over there.

Next wave Should be here just in time for summer!
Did a search, looks like Omnicron. Not sure how China thinks it can hide from that one.....they are in for a solid couple of months of shutdown, if not more. That one, seems like it's almost better to let it run its course. Especially in a population 100% vaccinated.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ontario is calling theirs the "sixth wave", but even Theresa Tam said that the new variant should be a small blip on the radar only this summer.. if even she is yawning I think we're gonna be ok...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No more segregation QR codes!

Dance Moving GIF by Ranveer Singh

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No more segregation QR codes!

Dance Moving GIF by Ranveer Singh
It'll be interesting to see how many businesses voluntarily will continue to require a vax pass, and where (jurisdiction). Will going out in DT Vancouver be totally different than DT Kelowna?

This is good news for all the hospitality businesses, although at this point I doubt it'll greatly affect the bottom line due to high vax rates. Largely business have successfully been able to adapt to the requirements. I still don't think it's overall right, but the implementation of the procedure to check doesn't seem to be a stressfully as I thought it would be.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would it be interesting?
I think it'll be interesting if businesses choose to draw a line in the sand themselves. Just interesting social behavior. With some, they may feel it better serves their business and clientele to keep the pass. So, I find that interesting.

Not everyone will find it interesting. You may not find it interesting.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting reply
I found my reply to his reply rather uninteresting, actually. Much like unfunny, but different.

Honestly though, I do actually find this stuff really interesting. A lot of this stuff turned out to be a lot less of an issue than I thought it would be. I was concerned about my daughter being front of house at a high end restaurant, and some douchebag making her the sounding board for all things anti-mask related....but that rarely happened when she's been asking for vax passes. When it has, quick pass off to the GM to handle. I honestly thought the environment was ripe for conflict....but didn't turn out that way, largely.

Workplaces have had to change and adapt; we'll see how many choose not to go back to "the old ways". We just continue to roll with the punches, but impacts us a lot less.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts