Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's pretty clear that alchol consumption, even in moderation, increases the risk of some cancers. i don't see anyone here switching to tea and biscuits anytime soon. we all accept certain risks with the way we choose to live our lives.

when i got my booster, the retired Kiwi doctor who administered it gave me a choice between Pfizer and Moderna. He said that the latter is supposed to be marginally better for Omicron, so I went with that. But, apparently, Moderna is not ok for people under 30 - I know a couple of people who were only offered Pfizer on that basis.

Whether that's the myocarditis or some other issue, I don't know, but it appears the medical profession is alive to the various issues the vaccines (sometimes) have...
Bingo. I have faith in our scientific community. I have faith in my health. This is a near zero health risk compared to living my life the way I choose.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been doing more digging since one of my earlier posts suggesting more cardiac related issues possibly due to the vaccines. Apparently the vaccine and covid both have the spike protein which is causing the myocarditis.

From my readings it seems like more cases of myocarditis are from covid. But which of the two, covid or the vax, has more serious outcomes?

There was talk about super immunity if you had Covid and got the Vax or the other way around(Vax then breakthrough covid). I wonder if the side effect of that would be increased risk of myocarditis(?)

Apparently you want to space out your jabs like 6 months apart as well to avoid myocarditis. If the jabs are taken too close then your immune response may be too strong and a higher risk of inflammation. Which is a concern for young males with healthy immune systems.

Check this one out:

Cardiac Remodeling in Endurance Athletes, with Dr. Brad Petek and Dr. Tim Churchill
Fast Talk

Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podca...tes-with-dr-brad/id1490521721?i=1000547094483

Go to minute 53, talks specifically about myocarditis, and enhanced risk of it in recovering from COPVID...specifically in athletes. Again, this is just like any respiratory virus, COVID isn't anything more or less special in that sense. What I found super interesting, and what @mtkb alluded to was enhanced screening, and there is an incredible amount of enhanced screening in this area, so yes, of course you are going to get more "hits" on the radar.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our experience wasn’t that it was super mild. I still have a cough going day 12 and I’ve certainly been the lightest of the family. Really 1-2 bad days. Wife is a lot more congested in the chest, sounds like an 80 year old named Phyllis with a 4 inch ash dangling on her cigarette and bingo dabber in the other hand. Chills/aches for 3 days.

My 8 year old probably the worst. Fever of 40.7 degrees, throwing up for about 12 hours, massive headache/chills/body aches. Hospital trip as we couldn’t get the fever down because he kept throwing everything up. He’s on the mend now. Day 4 Still very fatigued/cough but certainly on the mend and fine. My guess is it will take a good 10 days for him to get back to normal.

Look, a virus/cold but I wouldn’t want my mom getting hit the way my kid did. Not saying we shouldn’t open up but it was no light cold for us as a whole. Not something we were dying from but no a lot of fun either.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 teens in the house and I've never felt better. Then again, I was born in the late '60s and grew up going to the corner store to buy smokes for the parents. Who then proceeded to give me a ride to training, windows rolled up chain smoking away.

Y'all are soft.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lol. Look on my end a bad man cold honestly. I’ve been sicker. Wife too really just a heavy cold. My kid a bit scarier but not life threatening scary. I’m just saying on my end, not really what I expected when I kept heating kids aren’t really getting sick. But glad we have the naturally antibodies And move forward as part of the pure blooded super humans.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 teens in the house and I've never felt better. Then again, I was born in the late '60s and grew up going to the corner store to buy smokes for the parents. Who then proceeded to give me a ride to training, windows rolled up chain smoking away.

Y'all are soft.

You’re parents let you get away with chain smoking on the way to practice? Legends.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I worked in fast food place in my teens.

I took in so much second hand smoke on my 30 min breaks from the same cigarette smoking bingo lady who lived in a apartment with her cat. My lungs hurt still thinking about it. The smokers were always on a break in the back it seemed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lol. Look on my end a bad man cold honestly. I’ve been sicker. Wife too really just a heavy cold. My kid a bit scarier but not life threatening scary. I’m just saying on my end, not really what I expected when I kept heating kids aren’t really getting sick. But glad we have the naturally antibodies And move forward as part of the pure blooded super humans.
Here:
-Me, mild cold.
-Littlest, mild (7 YO)
-Biggest, he took it like a man, full man cold behavior, one week excuse to not shower and be a slob. 22 YO
-Middle: about 1 day of fever, one day recovering, another two of coughs, and good. (19)
-Wife, similar to yours, lingering cough that is not going away easy.

Double vaxxed, booster, two COVID experiences, grew up in a car, windows up with chain smoking old man....I'm bullet proof now motherfcukers.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We've already brought back paper bags, may as well let the cigs rip again!!

The Simpsons Smoking GIF

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...I'm bullet proof now motherfcukers.

Did you just say that out loud?
What next? I never get speeding tickets?

Here:
2 of 4 got it, we assume, wife did a test that came of up negative but it was going around her office so we assume it was too soon or a wrong test result, same for kid, just kept her home and didn’t bother with testing, considering there were a few on her soccer and a bunch on her bball. Moderate symptoms. All vaxxed.
Not sure how me and my other kid haven’t got it yet.

I like the analogy of elementary school dodgeball, and I’m hiding in the back row, but the front lines are thinning very quickly.

On another note, I feel like Dr Bon Bon doesn’t realize how much she annoys people now and how many people hate her since she used her own voice to promote kids vaccines on the radio ads.
I can imagine all the people in their cars saying “shut the fcuk up” to their radio.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you just say that out loud?
What next? I never get speeding tickets?

Here:
2 of 4 got it, we assume, wife did a test that came of up negative but it was going around her office so we assume it was too soon or a wrong test result, same for kid, just kept her home and didn’t bother with testing, considering there were a few on her soccer and a bunch on her bball. Moderate symptoms. All vaxxed.
Not sure how me and my other kid haven’t got it yet.

I like the analogy of elementary school dodgeball, and I’m hiding in the back row, but the front lines are thinning very quickly.

On another note, I feel like Dr Bon Bon doesn’t realize how much she annoys people now and how many people hate her since she used her own voice to promote kids vaccines on the radio ads.
I can imagine all the people in their cars saying “shut the fcuk up” to their radio.
What’s a speeding ticket?

This is worth discussing: https://bc.ctvnews.ca/we-cannot-eli...MrDDh4HDROyW8vzesq_IytT-Ik_6LZAq9UfvTTpR3Wo7U

Ireland today lifted all restrictions. That’s major. Of course, the UK was the big domino, so…..let them all fall.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What’s a speeding ticket?

This is worth discussing: https://bc.ctvnews.ca/we-cannot-eli...MrDDh4HDROyW8vzesq_IytT-Ik_6LZAq9UfvTTpR3Wo7U

Ireland today lifted all restrictions. That’s major. Of course, the UK was the big domino, so…..let them all fall.
Seems they are all happy with how Omicron is playing out and Delta is less of a factor I guess? I think we just need hospitals to calm down before we go back to “the new normal”

I do trust our doctors and science behind it all but seeing other countries, doing ther own research and testing, and coming to the same conclusions we have and starting vaccine mandates etc.
Not saying I haven’t been left scratching my head a few times though

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also can’t wait to hear the non-vax, non-believers, etc, say how they won the fight, and that everyone finally sees what they’ve seen all along, blah blah blah

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had covid twice:

First time delta variant. I got tested positive my wife and kid negative. Lasted 2 days sore throat, mild body ache, loss of smell and taste and no fever. Felt much better by day 3 and completely normal on day 4.

Second time had omicran. The whole family got tested positive. The kid just had a runny nose and thats it, wife had runny nose, sore throat, and chills. I had no symptoms at all and I probably wouldn't even known that I had covid if I didn't get tested.

My 96 year old grandma got tested positive and she survived with minimal symptoms. Her remedy was a shot of hot water with garlic and honey everyday before bed time and she been doing that for the last 60 years. I tried it when I had covid and I almost puked, it tasted like ass.

Overall experience delta variant felt like a flu and omicran wife described as a seasonal cold.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had covid twice:

First time delta variant. I got tested positive my wife and kid negative. Lasted 2 days sore throat, mild body ache, loss of smell and taste and no fever. Felt much better by day 3 and completely normal on day 4.

Second time had omicran. The whole family got tested positive. The kid just had a runny nose and thats it, wife had runny nose, sore throat, and chills. I had no symptoms at all and I probably wouldn't even known that I had covid if I didn't get tested.

My 96 year old grandma got tested positive and she survived with minimal symptoms. Her remedy was a shot of hot water with garlic and honey everyday before bed time and she been doing that for the last 60 years. I tried it when I had covid and I almost puked, it tasted like ass.

Overall experience delta variant felt like a flu and omicran wife described as a seasonal cold.
My grandma had one called, "La Coucaracha Juice". Equal parts Tomato juice and beef broth, tons of Tabasco, and other spices to make it interesting. Mom even put horseradish in. Heat to a boil, enjoy! Tons of salt, cleans out the passageways.

I actually still drink it, pretty regularly. I have it after long days on the bike to help replace salt, too. Drank it on my two days over Christmas feeling the symptoms. Dunno if it works, but later that day, the nasal passages just starts discharging like crazy, and all of a sudden the stuffy head starts being a lot less stuffy.

Give it a go, @akslop. And feel better (pretty sure it's just your body telling you to fcuk off for making it run on a dreadmill).

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My grandma had one called, "La Coucaracha Juice". Equal parts Tomato juice and beef broth, tons of Tabasco, and other spices to make it interesting. Mom even put horseradish in. Heat to a boil, enjoy! Tons of salt, cleans out the passageways.

I actually still drink it, pretty regularly. I have it after long days on the bike to help replace salt, too. Drank it on my two days over Christmas feeling the symptoms. Dunno if it works, but later that day, the nasal passages just starts discharging like crazy, and all of a sudden the stuffy head starts being a lot less stuffy.

Give it a go, @akslop. And feel better (pretty sure it's just your body telling you to fcuk off for making it run on a dreadmill).
Funny thing is I went hard on the dreadmill after work yesterday and with in an hour it hit me out of left field like a semi truck on the way to Ottawa.

I'm leaning towards this being a 24 hour thing or that's my hope anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts