Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
True.

I assume you are going to voluntarily spend 3x retail on your next home appliance in protest? Honestly. It’s like the kids protesting forestry while wearing full Gortex and sipping their lattes out of their stainless steel coffee cups.

Talk is cheap. Business like mine chase a bottom line because consumers like you demand it.

Also, eat a dick, kicking you was worth it. :D
That's if you can get it out of the ports. To make things worse effective FEB 1. the ports will deny any truck over 10 years old from entering and retrieving cargo. That's gonna play out well.

I budget 5000k to storage fees for all my containers now. I don't even bother sending them to Vancouver anymore. Seattle and Portland then truck it up is cheaper at this point. Hell may even have to take a trip to the Mexican side of the Baja peninsula and do my homework on that location.

Last edited:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's if you can get it out of the ports. To make things worse effective FEB 1. the ports will deny any truck over 10 years old from entering and retrieving cargo. That's gonna play out well.

I budget 5000k to storage fees for all my containers now. I don't even bother sending them to Vancouver anymore. Seattle and Portland then truck it up is cheaper at this point. Hell may even have to take a trip to the Mexican side of the Baja peninsula and do my homework on that location.
Great tips on the Ports....

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
True.

I assume you are going to voluntarily spend 3x retail on your next home appliance in protest? Honestly. It’s like the kids protesting forestry while wearing full Gortex and sipping their lattes out of their stainless steel coffee cups.

Talk is cheap. Business like mine chase a bottom line because consumers like you demand it.

Also, eat a dick, kicking you was worth it. :D

Sorry, I don't accept that it is inevitably and permanently prohibitively expensive to produce goods outside of China. The market will always adjust and find efficiencies if given the chance. I'm also not suggesting every company doing business there close up shop and leave forthwith. Not only is a gradual exit completely feasible, but it would put the squeeze on China in a gradual, ever worsening way that even they couldn't ignore...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, I don't accept that it is inevitably and permanently prohibitively expensive to produce goods outside of China. The market will always adjust and find efficiencies if given the chance. I'm also not suggesting every company doing business there close up shop and leave forthwith. Not only is a gradual exit completely feasible, but it would put the squeeze on China in a gradual, ever worsening way that even they couldn't ignore...
I didn't think a Hireable Liar was capable of a piss take as good as this. Well done:D

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't think a Hireable Liar was capable of a piss take as good as this. Well done:D
more a case of having faith that if Churchill could rally the troops to stand up to Hitler, I'm pretty sure the west can stand up to the house of cards that is China in 2022...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lol. Yes, it will. Micro Economics 1: what happens to price if you reduce the supply while keeping demand the same, kids?

(Full disclosure, I got this wrong the first time, Prof. Conrad Dickoff failed me. Took it again next semester alongside Macro. And that was his real name)

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
lots of levers that can be used to assist the transition from China built to other built that ease the burden on both producer and consumer... not generally a fan of the state interfering in the market but this is one of those situations where I'm quite prepared to make a temporary exception...

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Alphonzo Davies is out for the rest of qualifiers with myocarditis.

Someone in this thread asked earlier about if it's true that soccer players are "dropping down with heart problems". It certainly looks that way. I was watching TSN yesterday and Davies agent was saying that Davies got 3rd booster shot on Dec.19th and then got infected with covid on Jan.4th and then got diagnosed with Myocarditis Jan.13th. The agent has also mentioned that another player that he represents in MLS got diagnosed with Myocarditis after booster shot and he is out for 10 weeks although he wouldn't mention the name of a player. Yesterday there was a report that Aubemeyang from Arsenal, Mario Lemina and Axel Meye all from Gabon national team from African Cup got diagnosed with heart complication and are missing the rest of African Cup. Messi is also missing another game unconfirmed report that it may be due to myocarditis (I really hope it's a false report).

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Someone in this thread asked earlier about if it's true that soccer players are "dropping down with heart problems". It certainly looks that way. I was watching TSN yesterday and Davies agent was saying that Davies got 3rd booster shot on Dec.19th and then got infected with covid on Jan.4th and then got diagnosed with Myocarditis Jan.13th. The agent has also mentioned that another player that he represents in MLS got diagnosed with Myocarditis after booster shot and he is out for 10 weeks although he wouldn't mention the name of a player. Yesterday there was a report that Aubemeyang from Arsenal, Mario Lemina and Axel Meye all from Gabon national team from African Cup got diagnosed with heart complication and are missing the rest of African Cup. Messi is also missing another game unconfirmed report that it may be due to myocarditis (I really hope it's a false report).
Speaking of Messi.
40 second mark

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

So from what I've read in cases where a patient develops myocarditis after vaccination, it occurs within a week.

Check the timelines on Davies. Is it more likely he got it from the vax or from covid itself?

Also in the case of Aubameyang, he's had covid twice + malaria in the last year or two. No wonder his form at arsenal has dropped...

If anyone is going to make any conclusions from theses cases, we need to have data on how many players were vaccinated, how many had covid, how many had both.

It is also makes me curious if the increase in cases could be a result of an increase in screening? They are now specifically checking every player returning to play after having covid. Were they doing the same testing previously with any regularity? If so, do we have a baseline to compare?

Last edited:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There has been A LOT of chat recently about Myocarditis, and the correlation being made to vaccinations...and the suggestion that vaccinations could be the cause.

This statement captured my thoughts pretty succinctly: "Sadly, Myocarditis has never made the news, even when it was the cause of athletes and other personalities needing a heart transplant or related to their death. It has always been kept personal and not spoken about."

Given my lack of a PHD and really understanding anything medical, I go back to what I know.

• "Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart muscle (myocardium). The inflammation can reduce the heart's ability to pump and cause rapid or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias). Infection with a virus usually causes myocarditis." Ripped this off here: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/myocarditis/symptoms-causes/syc-20352539
  • We've known about Myocarditis for quite some time. We've seen athletes drop dead in their youth, or their prime. We've also seen friends and neighbors, often healthy people die on the treadmill (look out, @Regs). I had a buddy drop dead at 44, literally running his treadmill, and it turned out to be a heart arrhythmia previously undetected.
  • My son had an issue when he was 16, shut him down from racing his bike for a couple of months. Doc then figured it was a bought of bronchitis that caused the issue. He got back to action, but it was a scary escalation of his heartrate in training that set him off. Thankfully, at that time, he was training regularly with a HRM, and not only felt it, but saw his numbers spike.
I can't believe a vaccination would be the cause of a jump like we are seeing, but I can believe a bought with a respiratory illness would cause a spike in cases. That, and, as @dezza stated, increased screening. These guys all train on HRM now, and know how to watch it regularly. It's a powerful training device....helps you uncover all sorts of untapped potential, and target working in certain zones, etc. It will also help you learn about your body...things like output levels that correlate with certain heart rates, and recovery. If an athlete's HR is either spiking, or not recovering as quickly as normal, a trainer would be alerted to this.

So, although I don't believe the vaccines are contributing to this sudden statistical jump, I do believe COVID, and screening, is.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been doing more digging since one of my earlier posts suggesting more cardiac related issues possibly due to the vaccines. Apparently the vaccine and covid both have the spike protein which is causing the myocarditis.

From my readings it seems like more cases of myocarditis are from covid. But which of the two, covid or the vax, has more serious outcomes?

There was talk about super immunity if you had Covid and got the Vax or the other way around(Vax then breakthrough covid). I wonder if the side effect of that would be increased risk of myocarditis(?)

Apparently you want to space out your jabs like 6 months apart as well to avoid myocarditis. If the jabs are taken too close then your immune response may be too strong and a higher risk of inflammation. Which is a concern for young males with healthy immune systems.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I have a buddy who is in the artificial heart valve manufacturing business. I’m gonna see what he’s learned on this.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel like this is why mandates aren’t necessary. A bit harsh I know.
If Omicron is milder and all the non-vaxxed people have survived thus far, maybe we just let it ride and see where it takes us?
9C3F06A2-D974-4721-969E-CC329812411D.jpeg

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel like this is why mandates aren’t necessary. A bit harsh I know.
If Omicron is milder and all the non-vaxxed people have survived thus far, maybe we just let it ride and see where it takes us?
View attachment 32712
Waiting on my four booster lol...
GIF by Next Level Chef

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5G Incoming.

Reg's was wondering why the drop in site traffic, this is why. I look forward to the telepathic thoughts on the Leafs, Franny, but please leave out the rest of the dirty shite. You are disgusting.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spoke w/ heart valve guy (that's on his business card).

First thing he said, myocarditis in just inflammation; it's a response to something. I.e.: " I rolled my ankle", so I have a strained ankle. Helped me get a better read on what it is.

So, it's symptom of what's happening, and there are a number of possibilities, and some evidence particularly amongst young men (Under 30) taking certain COVID -19 vaccines have shown to have picked up myocarditis as a side effect, but like all "strains or injuries", with time, it'll "999/1000" heal right up with rest. I think this is something we all know, and mostly can accept. That's what we learn being website medical hacks.

Statistically, its still not even relevant, it's so crazy low of first contracting it (even in young men), then further, it becoming a long term, debilitating ailment. Not even worth discussing as a high risk vs. other inherent risks of the sport. I.e.: as as a mountain biker, I live with way, way higher risk of injury or death than most people. The number of days riding a year, combined w/ the number of "pucker up" sections make me a way higher risk than a runner, even a young man. If both of us have taken the vaccine, or had COVID, I am actually at a way higher risk of death or permanent, debilitating injury than the young man is at contracting myocarditis or experiencing a very bad injury.

Take a footballer: the inherent risk of death or catastrophic injury is a lot higher by a stupid factor than it is to develop myocarditis as a vax or side effect. By a huge factor, maybe 1,000,000 more likely. And, we can all relate. Bad concussions, broken legs, other heart related ailments that are underlying. Now, consider an NFLer, or a hockey player. All of those risks far outweigh any risk associated w/ the vax or COVID-19 itself.

There is good evidence in the medical community to show that COVID, and the trashing it's caused on the lungs and heart, can reduce your top end with lung scaring, but that is no different than pneumonia. And yes, because you are introducing the vaccine w/ the protein spike common w/ COVID itself, of course the "risk" of the side effect is there.

He also pointed out the screening that a European football club will have their investments go through for myocarditis screening now that they would not have been doing years ago, and yes, you will see a jump, obviously, when there is a respiratory virus going around. That's obvious.

Ultimately, his opinion was, "Do you really fcuking care man? Worry about not falling off a rock face instead."

So, I remain the same as before....yeah, it's a virus. It's not going to kill me. I'll more than likely recover 100%. The vax helps protect me, including boosters, I'm OK w/ it, considering the risks I do in other sports are way, way higher.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's pretty clear that alchol consumption, even in moderation, increases the risk of some cancers. i don't see anyone here switching to tea and biscuits anytime soon. we all accept certain risks with the way we choose to live our lives.

when i got my booster, the retired Kiwi doctor who administered it gave me a choice between Pfizer and Moderna. He said that the latter is supposed to be marginally better for Omicron, so I went with that. But, apparently, Moderna is not ok for people under 30 - I know a couple of people who were only offered Pfizer on that basis.

Whether that's the myocarditis or some other issue, I don't know, but it appears the medical profession is alive to the various issues the vaccines (sometimes) have...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts