Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I don’t wanna take all the credit but…..

Just maximizing our chances of a gold.
I don’t want Canada to get cancelled though, have a family connection in the game today hopefully
I didn't know you're Columbian and your last name is Sebrango.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to bcit for a covid vaccine booster this morning. Arrived to find lots of cars in line, waiting for bcit staff to plow the parking lot and drive thru areas. Health care staff went to all the cars and offered them take home rapid tests. The snow disrupted operations. Lots of frustration. Some people wanted pcr tests.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to the liquor store this afternoon.
1 lady working the tills resulting in long line ups. By the time it was my turn to check out, I had to much time invested to turn it around, till lady was a mess. Snot rags littered her station , nose running in all directions followed by a very raspy happy new years wish accompanied by a hoarse cough. Saw a few particals floatin to my face. Pretty sure Im getting infected. All ready feeling it after a couple gin and 7's.

Incase I don't make it, Happy new year Fcukers!

Last edited:

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hope you got Scotch. That sht will kill it.

Will Ferrell Scotch GIF by Anchorman Movie

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a hot button definitely worth of discussion.

@mtkb , you'll love this one...

This article doesn't get exactly into what was said, and the actions.

Here's my view....

1. I believe for certain professions, there must be a vaccination requirement, but I limit those to the medical services space, largely.
  2. For the rest of society, I'm quite opposed to mandatory vaccination of COVID-19. Why? Mostly because I feel that people are entitled to their beliefs, and entitled to pursue work. If there were evidence that this virus was the mass killing sickness we all thought it was in March 2020, then maybe I'd have a different opinion, but we've come to learn so much, and learn that indeed we can move on with somewhat normal life with a large portion of the population vaccinated, and taking appropriate safety measures. The corporate call for mandatory vaccines has reached ridiculous levels, in my opinion. Even at our business, our larger customer have send in letters "requiring" that not just service personnel, but all employees at their vendors are vaccinated. That's an overreach that I completely disagree with. We are fortunate in that we have 100% vaccination, and this is currently not a problem I have to deal with.
  3. Terminating professionals in the workplace for expressing a personal, opposing view to their employers is a very slippery slope. is this a violation of personal code of conduct? If so, what is the expectation of code of conduct?
I hope this lawsuit goes through, and proves successful for the plaintiff. We can't become a society where censorship and coercion to keep your mouth shut become the norm. I have no idea if this lawsuit can be joined by other nurses to become a class action (not familiar enough with Canadian Law to comment), but if it can be, I'd certainly like to see more join.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of different things going on here...

The defamation piece relates more to the responses their comments generated. That descends into issues of fair comment, innuendo, etc... clear as mud.

The disciplinary stuff is interesting, because professional organizations often have rules of the road around public comments tending to bring the profession into disrepute. COVID is a whole new world for everyone in this regard, first and foremost the medical profession.

I expect the employment lawyers to be busy with this shite. The wildcard is how the judiciary - many of them in their 60's and relatively vulnerable to COVID - applies the balancing of the various factors that go into when fundamental rights and freedoms can and can't be curtailed, and to what extent...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts