Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think taking a moderate approach was fine with the first variant of covid 19. It had a r rating over over just 1 which basically means one person would only spread it to another.

Given this we only needed around 65 to 70 percent of people vaxxed and it would have burnt out.

Delta changed that. Delta goes from one from person to 7 very quickly.That is why there are so many more mandates and so much more pressure for people to get the vaccine as it can now strain our health system very fast compared to the original strain.

Had the original strain remained and delta never took over covid 19 in north america would have been in the rearview mirror.

Having said that this I think is the last big wave as we have so many vaxxed now and so many with natural immunity. No variant will outpace delta now and the pace of spread is slowing. So there is light at the end of the tunnel now as its is starting to run out of bodies to infect. We will go fron pandemic to endemic towards early spring.

Yes, that would be the argument from the government, in defending what on its face is an unconstitutional mandate - that the Charter violation is demonstrably justified because the variant spreads so quickly that the mandate is necessary to get a handle on it. That's why the mandate wasnt used for the first variant but is now being used for Delta. Especially given that most superior court judges are in their 60's, I suspect the government would have a decent chance of prevailing.

I still don't like taking away someone's ability to feed their family because they don't want to have a foreign substance injected into their body...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, that would be the argument from the government, in defending what on its face is an unconstitutional mandate - that the Charter violation is demonstrably justified because the variant spreads so quickly that the mandate is necessary to get a handle on it. That's why the mandate wasnt used for the first variant but is now being used for Delta. Especially given that most superior court judges are in their 60's, I suspect the government would have a decent chance of prevailing.

I still don't like taking away someone's ability to feed their family because they don't want to have a foreign substance injected into their body...
Right now it’s popular and easy for people to forget about things like The Charter; the popular thing to say is that “my health supersedes your freedoms”, insinuating that by refusing to take the vax, people are unhealthy. I don’t see it that way.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess this is just part of the process when you live in a western privileged society. We should be so lucky we can have this arguement. Mean while in less fortunate parts of the world

761976db4f41445f7166e810770a47f0a03dd1bf_18-liningup.jpg

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
For me this article is significant

I had to fire an Asian kid in late July 2019. Reason was he liked to spit in my warehouse. He was also sick with an unknown respiratory illness he caught from his mother whom had traveled through Asia a month earlier. I ended up catching it soon after. It went through both my immediate and extended family. At the time It was walking pneumonia according to the doctor. I didn't fully recover and when I say that I started developing other issues that I still deal with today. Makes me wonder....

Anybody else recall pneumonia being prominent through the last quarter of 2019?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For me this article is significant

I had to fire an Asian kid in late July 2019. Reason was he liked to spit in my warehouse. He was also sick with an unknown respiratory illness he caught from his mother whom had traveled through Asia a month earlier. I ended up catching it soon after. It went through both my immediate and extended family. At the time It was walking pneumonia according to the doctor. I didn't fully recover and when I say that I started developing other issues that I still deal with today. Makes me wonder....

Anybody else recall pneumonia being prominent through the last quarter of 2019?
How about Feb 2020 for yah? Caught it bad on about the 15th, super sick at home for a week, then flew down to Mexico- sick as a dog- where while relaxing by the pool first read about this “Corona” virus. Came home end of Feb feeling better to border guards all masked up and a lot of weirdness with the planes coming in from Asia.

That flu kicked the shite out of me, and same, took forever to feel normal again. When I actually tested positive for COVID Spring 2021, wasn’t bad at all. I definitely wonder....

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught a 'flu' in Fall of 2019 that beat the hell out of my lungs for three odd months and really didn't clear until the pandemic was just starting.
It almost felt like pneumonia and often thought I should be checking myself out.

I was in Italy in late September and got sick a couple of days after I got back.
Guess who got smacked right after China?

I've always questioned it.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about Feb 2020 for yah? Caught it bad on about the 15th, super sick at home for a week, then flew down to Mexico- sick as a dog- where while relaxing by the pool first read about this “Corona” virus. Came home end of Feb feeling better to border guards all masked up and a lot of weirdness with the planes coming in from Asia.

That flu kicked the shite out of me, and same, took forever to feel normal again. When I actually tested positive for COVID Spring 2021, wasn’t bad at all. I definitely wonder....
I also got sick in Feb 2020!
Fatigue for a week and then a fever for 3 days.
I wondered if I had caught the Rona back then.

Fast forward to this summer when I got covid...
Fatigue for a week.
Then fever for 10 days that felt like torture after day 5.
No respiratory issues thank god but lingering fatigue and covid anxiety.
Sense of taste is still fcuked.
15lb weight loss...better than paying for a peleton ;) haha

No idea where I got it. No one I knew at the time had it.
And of course I quarantined. I actually stayed at home for an extra two weeks past recommendation. This shite is nasty.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right now it’s popular and easy for people to forget about things like The Charter; the popular thing to say is that “my health supersedes your freedoms”, insinuating that by refusing to take the vax, people are unhealthy. I don’t see it that way.
Section 1 of the Charter allows the government to infringe some (though not all) of our rights and freedoms if they can justify it based on previous jurisprudence and overarching legal principles... I suspect that if the infringements were to be justified here, it would be so on the basis that the personal health security of the many trumps the individual autonomy of the few, so long as the infringement is as minimal as necessary to achieve that...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots to unpack...
1) The vaccinations, even in countries with the highest vax rates and inclusive of boosters are still seeing high case counts and deaths manifesting... So while I prefer and recommend anyone who will ask me that they should get vaxxed, I don't begrudge those, especially those in peak physical health or kids, to delay till it's approved by Canadian authorities and can be prescribed by doctors and isn't under an emergency use authorization. I;d advise them to get vaxxed, as I did... but I also defend their rights to body-autonomy.

2) I know a few people, and realize they're anomalies, that cannot get the vax due to rare auto-immune disorders which can manifest as GBS disease and paralysis. These folks are current second-class citizens and cannot go to meals in restaurants and movie theatres with their vaxxed family members.

3) This idea of refusing healthcare to the unwasehed, I mean unvaxxed, was touched on previously - we don't refuse healthcare and medicine to those that have self inflicted diabetes due to overconsumption of food and sugary drinks. We don't refuse cancer treatment to smokers or liver/kidney treatment for alcoholics.... the only time I've personally encountered any issues on this was an alcoholic friend who almost didn't get a liver transplant because the transplant board was concerned he'd go back to drinking. We don't refuse ICU and Trauma treatment for those that went through their windshield because they didn't want to wrinkle their suit/dress.

Finally the difference between a Republic (The US) and a democracy (Canada) is that our Charter Rights are issued to us by the crown, they're not unalienable like the US Constitution grants. The Crown (through it's elected and unelected political machine) can do different things.

I'm fatigued. I feel horrible for those practicing "My body, my choice" on vax... imagine if the folks that used "MYMC" via abortions as Birth Control were being ostracized from society in the same way? That's not me opening pandora's box on another topic. That is simply me reiterating this thing is nuanced and politically charged.

If you're vaccinated you have a much reduced chance of getting infected, and if you get ill apparently the effects are much more manageable. I get it. So I don't get why all these folks are screaming for the 10-12% of society who seem averse to get it if... they're vaccinated. This thing aint going away, not any time soon, if ever.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, first impressions here in Greece....the "COVID vibe" seems decidedly less amped up. Way more relaxed, and not so much dooms day. Granted, that may be because I'm completely shut off from the language, but in terms of entry into places, I have not been asked if I'm vaxxed, even though I think (believe, assume) that similar vax laws apply here. Otherwise, it's essentially the same: indoor public places, transportation, must be masked up. I heard a server at a restaurant ask a patron if they were vaxxed, and casually add, "If not, we can seat you outside". Most of the seating is outside anyways- that is one big difference compared to at home, where the unwashed, erm, unvaxxed can't even eat in an outdoor setting.

Outside, you almost never see someone wearing a mask, unless they are working in hospitality, in which case it seems they are mandated to wear one at all times while on shift.

My theory- and this is just a theory- is that historically, Europe in general, but especially Greece, has been through a lot worse in it's history than a pandemic that is, well, only a mildly deadly virus. Therefore, my best guess is that locals just get on with it, and it's less divisive. I'm going riding with a local dude later this morning, and I'll be sure to get his take. I could be way off base.

BTW, with just a one page "passenger locator form" that was completed online and in advance, travel with double vax is easy. I won't need to get a PCR Test done till the last day of the trip to return home, and I have another 5 countries to get through over the next 10 days. Sweden, Finland, Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany for a stop-over only. I think going in and out of Germany requires another form, then all the stuff to come home. So far, so good.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh yes, politics in Europe are just a bunch of friendship circles

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd suggest things in Europe are also a lot less divisive vis a vis Politics and Tribalism...
I'd suggest things in Europe are also a lot less divisive vis a vis Politics and Tribalism.
oh yes, politics in Europe are just a bunch of friendship circles

I wouldn’t say that, but it seems like masking up when needed and taking off when allowed is just no big deal. It doesn’t seem as amped up. Just my impression so far, it feels more normal, right now. Sure wouldn’t have wanted to be in the UK during their shut down though, so I suppose it’s all about perspective.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots to unpack...
1) The vaccinations, even in countries with the highest vax rates and inclusive of boosters are still seeing high case counts and deaths manifesting... So while I prefer and recommend anyone who will ask me that they should get vaxxed, I don't begrudge those, especially those in peak physical health or kids, to delay till it's approved by Canadian authorities and can be prescribed by doctors and isn't under an emergency use authorization. I;d advise them to get vaxxed, as I did... but I also defend their rights to body-autonomy.

2) I know a few people, and realize they're anomalies, that cannot get the vax due to rare auto-immune disorders which can manifest as GBS disease and paralysis. These folks are current second-class citizens and cannot go to meals in restaurants and movie theatres with their vaxxed family members.

3) This idea of refusing healthcare to the unwasehed, I mean unvaxxed, was touched on previously - we don't refuse healthcare and medicine to those that have self inflicted diabetes due to overconsumption of food and sugary drinks. We don't refuse cancer treatment to smokers or liver/kidney treatment for alcoholics.... the only time I've personally encountered any issues on this was an alcoholic friend who almost didn't get a liver transplant because the transplant board was concerned he'd go back to drinking. We don't refuse ICU and Trauma treatment for those that went through their windshield because they didn't want to wrinkle their suit/dress.

Finally the difference between a Republic (The US) and a democracy (Canada) is that our Charter Rights are issued to us by the crown, they're not unalienable like the US Constitution grants. The Crown (through it's elected and unelected political machine) can do different things.

I'm fatigued. I feel horrible for those practicing "My body, my choice" on vax... imagine if the folks that used "MYMC" via abortions as Birth Control were being ostracized from society in the same way? That's not me opening pandora's box on another topic. That is simply me reiterating this thing is nuanced and politically charged.

If you're vaccinated you have a much reduced chance of getting infected, and if you get ill apparently the effects are much more manageable. I get it. So I don't get why all these folks are screaming for the 10-12% of society who seem averse to get it if... they're vaccinated. This thing aint going away, not any time soon, if ever.
For you….

Attachments

• 76C43904-0682-4B22-B198-4A1F41246DB6.jpeg
    76C43904-0682-4B22-B198-4A1F41246DB6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fortunately Bonnie only applied the circuit breaker to the North. Everyone needs to get vaccinated, unless they have a valid medical reason. No religious exemptions. No b.s. about being pressured to put foreign substances into your body. Those same people got vaccinated against polio when they were kids. Those same people put foreign substances in their body every day - coffee, beer, etc. Put on your big boy pants and get a vaccine.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed PV but what are the experts going to say when we reach 100% rate and hundreds of people are still getting it.
Time for them to focus on a treatment.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch the latest Rogan episode with CNN doctor Sunjay Gupta. There's really good info for and against the vax.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed PV but what are the experts going to say when we reach 100% rate and hundreds of people are still getting it.
Time for them to focus on a treatment.
The treatment is healthier living, plain and simple. Do anything to encourage more sports, more individual athletic events, more training of any kind, better eating, etc.. Bring back tax breaks / write-offs for kids sports, and make it 100%, and for adults too. Extend that to write-offs for gym memberships, personal training, or group training. Write-offs for buying things like a bike, skis and other things like surfboards, wetsuits, any kind of necessary sports related equipment, and indoor equipment. Sign up for the Sun Run? Write-off. Dietary consulting? Write-off. All physio, chiro, massage, naturopathic.

You get my drift.

That's the long term treatment against any disease, especially respiratory related.

Long term it'll also mean a lessened burden on our healthcare system, per capita.

This pandemic isn't going away soon, and there will be another around the corner soon enough.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The treatment is healthier living, plain and simple. Do anything to encourage more sports, more individual athletic events, more training of any kind, better eating, etc.. Bring back tax breaks / write-offs for kids sports, and make it 100%, and for adults too. Extend that to write-offs for gym memberships, personal training, or group training. Write-offs for buying things like a bike, skis and other things like surfboards, wetsuits, any kind of necessary sports related equipment, and indoor equipment. Sign up for the Sun Run? Write-off. Dietary consulting? Write-off. All physio, chiro, massage, naturopathic.

You get my drift.

That's the long term treatment against any disease, especially respiratory related.

Long term it'll also mean a lessened burden on our healthcare system, per capita.

This pandemic isn't going away soon, and there will be another around the corner soon enough.
Completely agree

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts