Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the second vaccination effort in Whistler, they vaccinated all the staff living in shared housing a couple weeks ago. The vaccine takes a week or two to provide optimum protection. If the people receiving the vaccine do not shut it down for that period of time then they could still get very sick and the vaccine will be wasted. Until we get millions of more doses we cannot waste it on people who don't follow rules.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the actual fcuk?

So Surrey isn't deemed a hotspot? Lot's of rich people in Whistler...

Not saying I 100% agree w/ the Province on this (I'd like a focus on the 1st responders above all else, then go strategic, like Surry), also not saying I'll refuse mine out of principal, but...

The perception that most people in Whistler are "rich" is absolutely false. Most actually live below the poverty line. There is a bigger debate here about rent control to enforce wealthly real estate owners - by and large mostly non-local- to limit rental rates per bed, but that's not the current debate.

The town has remained open to tourism all winter, and we have all witnessed "Surrey" coming to town and behaving like there is no pandemic. We would see well over 6 walking together through the village, obviously partying, obviously not from same cohort or family. I remember commenting once to my wife that it was these groups that'd get us shut down, as they don't even look like they are trying. Just try and look like you are trying, but no.

So, the workers in the 20-30 age group that serve the tourism industry get hit hard w/ the variant, and it spreads like wildfire in bad living conditions. Lion's share of this age group are renters. This is where your misconception comes into play, @Regs ....the spread is amongst the staff housing and crammed living situation, mostly. Yes, many families also on the shelf because of close contact situation. That means a lot of local businesses right now have had to close their doors for a 2 weeks period.

Anyways, totally open to debate, but @Regs, your view of who lives up here all being wealthy is 100% inaccurate. I could say the same about Surrey because every home is a $1M home, couldn't I? I mean, we all know it's not true that all those homeowners are not wealthy, but it's the same sort of stereotype. Most home owners up here that live locally acquired their dwelling through Whistler Housing Authority- https://whistlerhousing.ca/ - which facilitates housing projects and sets the market rate far lower than open real estate rates to allow families who live and work here to qualify for owning one of these home. Yes, lots of rules around this, but THIS how how locals are able to get into the market.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd still like to see al 1st responders get their jab, then open up up to everyone, just like the flu shot. That'd be my preferred, FWIW. I don't feel like I should be ahead of most groups, but again, if I can get my jab now, I will. I'm not going to turn it away out of principal.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snl I Feel Bad GIF by Saturday Night Live

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the second vaccination effort in Whistler, they vaccinated all the staff living in shared housing a couple weeks ago. The vaccine takes a week or two to provide optimum protection. If the people receiving the vaccine do not shut it down for that period of time then they could still get very sick and the vaccine will be wasted. Until we get millions of more doses we cannot waste it on people who don't follow rules.
The vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it or spreading it, it does however protect you from ICU as their have been no proven cases of anyone needing ICU after receiving.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Establishments who have had outbreak of three or more people are being pushed to the front of the line for vaccination

IE Saputo had outbreak of a few folks they quarantined and everyone elese was vaccinated in 3 day turn around.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd still like to see al 1st responders get their jab, then open up up to everyone, just like the flu shot.
Just read something that police & firemen in White Rock and Slurrey were given a special portal to register and be Vaxx'd starting this past Saturday.

That should've made the headlines instead of the Whistler crap.

Communication is like a foreign language to these leaders.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of horrible comms....

No, those are not dates when you can book your appointment. They are dates when they want you to "register" on their website to be notified in the future when it's your time to book your appointment.

Also, I registered a week ago. The site is fully open for everyone to register at any time... so what's the point of this tweet? To make it look like they're opening appointments sooner than they are?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was told yesterday that other communities with mass shared living accommodations / camps for workers have also received community immunization for 18+.

Kitimat, Ft. Saint James to name a couple. Those bloody rich labourers, how dare they.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now it’s the J&J jab on hold. be careful what you put in yah to make that 99.97% turn in to a 99.99 lol

what I don’t understand with the vax’ and gene therapy shots. Why are they all different?
If there was one that was the best and showed the best results, why wouldn’t, for the good of man kind, it be copied so the J&J, and AstraZeneca can just copy it.
Here guys, here’s our formula. Let’s get these out to the people so we can save lives!
If it was about saving lives, why have all these different forumulas and concoctions? Different brands working different ways and who knows what they do if you by accident take two different brands over the years.

is it about money or the peoples health?
If it was about health youd think the best formula would be shared no?
Is big pharma something you would tell your kids to trust?
generally, do most countries in the world trust their government?

Last edited:

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My hometown up in Rupert all got vaccinated. Covid was spreading like crazy up there apparently.

At this time, I don't want the vaccines.
I'm not anti-vax. Just seems rushed and everyday something new pops up like blood clots and allergic reactions.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m not anti vax either. Been vaccinated. Vaccinated my children with all the basic stuff kids get. I don’t take the yearly flu vaccine. I’m outdoors quite a lot in life which is generally safe for flu transmissions. Travelled to Asia and received the Japanese encephalitis vax, and I believe I got one back in 2005 before travelling to Brazil. But these are proven and been out for ages. And against diseases/viruses with a very high death rate. Just questioning the logic behind the roll out and how many brands and types there are. Doesn’t make sense to me if it’s for our health that there are all these options that work differently and have different side affects and strengths.

I don’t think there was a shelf of choices with these other PROVEN vax’s.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't have the fight in me. My wife fully believes in the vax plan for all but out 6 YO (she will grow up w/ antibodies). So, for me, happy wife, happy life. I just don't give enough fcuks otherwise. I'll get the needle when I am allowed. She got hers yesterday.

I plan on travelling internationally as soon as I can. Suspect there will be a Vax passport, fine. I'll get that and fill it out. And get on with my life.

I don't have the emotional bandwidth to go down the rabbit hole of questioning everything vax related. That's the casualty of all of this, we are all beat right fcuking up, so here are my freedoms wish list:

-Unobstructed access to outdoors.
-Return to all sports.
-Return to kids being in classrooms, no masks. Heightened awareness, fine. Heightened policy about attending while sick, fine. But get this back to old normal. From K-12, and University.
-International travel; if vax passport required, fine.
-The ability to run my business. If that means I have to make changes to our office space and policies / procedures, so be it.

If getting a jab is my price to pay at this point, I'll roll up my sleeves.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts