Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On another note......

Safe to say these patrons are numb from COVID.

Personally, right now, I wouldn’t go into a busy pub, no matter how badly I want to. That is, if people were allowed in. I’m comfortable sitting outside though.

I can see how she’s probably come to a point of breaking though.

That being said, it’s starting to feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What options does these businesses have? When do adults get to make their own choices again? And when does their right to make a living come back? She doesn’t have a patio. Like 90% of the restaurants.
what are her options? Is the government paying her ways?

if we turned off the tv and news/msm I promise 99.3% of us wouldn’t even notice a “casedemic” happening.

Amazon warehouses are still open. But there has been tons of outbreaks in their warehouses. Why? Comparing to restaurants locally?!

I think they are saying young people are being hospitalized and more fear mongering is happening so more people take the vaccine. So now once the 60 plus year old crowd is vaccinated we still don’t have our lives back.
Meanwhile the rest of the world is opening up.
People still believe the government has our best interest at heart? What government in the world truly does?
Get your vitamin D and stay fit. You’ll be fine. Nothing to worry about Dude!

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Global news is reporting that some canuck players went to whistler 2 weeks ago. That may be the source of the outbreak.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I heard something to that effect as well on Global News this morning that they've done the root cause analysis and figured out the source individual(s).

Something innocent like 'From a open community environment' -IE Who caught it wasn't doing 'naughty' things so to speak.

The Whistler thingy would be scandalous though.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The media also reported that NHL players are on a very short leash while on the road. However, the players can be with family and do normal things when in their home city so going to Whistler during the week long schedule break is okay, although the team probably told them to be careful. Maybe they were careful, maybe it was picked up while standing in line for a coffee, or sitting on a patio having a burger.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Brazilian thing is going through town like a hot knife through butter right now. I was just chatting with someone in the know in the medical field here, and without a doubt, the spread in town has been mainly living accommodations, and restaurants- inside. Not so much outside, and not so much w/ kids. My youngest's school have been no outbreaks, but then, kids typically don't show symptoms.

So, yeah...entirely possible to be careful and follow all the orders and still pick up the bug, especially if you are spending time inside a building w/ a whole host of others.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s indoors where the spread is. 10-15 min exposure indoors.
I doubt you can pick it up on a patio or outside in a line up.
luckily it’s not affecting our kids and not ripping through schools.
This is here to stay. For the long haul. We need to get used to it and get on with life.
When does this “pandemic” end?
what’s the end game for this?
once 60 plus years olds are vaccinated? Or has the posts shifted now cause young people are getting sick?

are people allowed to get sick or have symptoms in the new world? What’s allowed anymore?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, this is my concern. I was on a TEAMS call yesterday with a couple of Docs; one actually contracts out to the US Military to advise on their biological warfare response plan. It's pretty scary stuff. What do our freedoms, or reduced freedoms, look like in the future? The next 2 years? 5 years? Beyond?

Will our kids live in a world where they don't get to experience international travel? Hell, Canada is a big enough country, maybe they don't get to see the other side of this country? I don't know.
I'm optimistic our "New Normal" will be a largely acceptable version of the old normal, but this does sit in the back of my mind.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm already registered to get my vaccine passport microchip implanted. Soon I'll be free to go anywhere I please!

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s indoors where the spread is. 10-15 min exposure indoors.
I doubt you can pick it up on a patio or outside in a line up.
luckily it’s not affecting our kids and not ripping through schools.
This is here to stay. For the long haul. We need to get used to it and get on with life.
When does this “pandemic” end?
what’s the end game for this?
once 60 plus years olds are vaccinated? Or has the posts shifted now cause young people are getting sick?

are people allowed to get sick or have symptoms in the new world? What’s allowed anymore?
The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Reaction GIF by HBO Max

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the CDC issued updated guidance on SARS-CoV-2 and Surface (Fomite) Transmission for Indoor Community Environments.

And it says that "findings of these studies suggest that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection via the fomite transmission route is low, and generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection"

So when we get back to playing I would hope we can end the fcuking theatrical nonsense of "sanitizing" the ball every time it touches a hand!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who believed it lived in surfaces to come get you later? People still wiping down their groceries? Lol

Let’s get some logic back and play ball.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts