Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our first case directly in my family. My youngest 5 has tested positive. Had a runny nose and coughed maybe 5 times ate a 20 piece nuggets to himself so he is just fine...phew

The rest of us four all negative. I should buy shares in this brain swab I have had it so many times.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our first case directly in my family. My youngest 5 has tested positive. Had a runny nose and coughed maybe 5 times ate a 20 piece nuggets to himself so he is just fine...phew

The rest of us four all negative. I should buy shares in this brain swab I have had it so many times.
Don't let Jeff O'Neill hear about this or he'll put you on blast across the airwaves and tell everyone you need to have a better relationship with your kids. ;)

Im sure McNuggies are just as effective. Glad everything is good!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really don't get it. The rest of the world is getting on with it, and our governments at all levels in Canada are doubling down? Like, honestly, WTF?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The strange thing is that I *think* regular community sports are allowed tournaments after Feb 1? This is inconsistent, like why are school sports being held to a different standard?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The strange thing is that I *think* regular community sports are allowed tournaments after Feb 1? This is inconsistent, like why are school sports being held to a different standard?
Guessing unions? It's government? Combination of the two evils?

Really don't know.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can say that my kids school basketball had to take a week off because of omicron quick spread, which spread to the junior team as there are players playing both senior and Junior, as well as to families of the players. It is hitting schools quickly and spreading quick but once it’s gone through aren’t we OK to move on?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can say that my kids school basketball had to take a week off because of omicron quick spread, which spread to the junior team as there are players playing both senior and Junior, as well as to families of the players. It is hitting schools quickly and spreading quick but once it’s gone through aren’t we OK to move on?
You just described society as a whole right now.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You just described society as a whole right now.
Then is this why we aren’t moving forward? Still spreading? Are we in a different place in the life of the virus than the countries that are moving forward?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB_IMG_1643421243152.jpg

shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then is this why we aren’t moving forward? Still spreading? Are we in a different place in the life of the virus than the countries that are moving forward?
No. It’s spreading. That’s the point. It’s significantly weakened as it’s mutated some 32 times, so many societies are opening up and treating this as a common cold.

It’s going to spread, the variant isn’t nearly as harmful as the original COVID-19 virus, most of modern society is vaccinated, it’s time to live with it.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really don't get it. The rest of the world is getting on with it, and our governments at all levels in Canada are doubling down? Like, honestly, WTF?
Eventually people will start figuring out that we have elected a bunch of rabidly illiberal statists to run our province and country. They love power, they love big government, and they smell their own farts so much that they're actually convinced they know much better than you do how you should errrr must live your life.

This never, ever ends well...

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah its not ending well for many people who are dying. The 7 day average of deaths in the U.S. is 2,378 per day, an average. For a year that would be 853,297 deaths in the US in one year.

It looks like Otoole is going to prove my prediction wrong. Media is reporting that he will speak to the truckers who are on strike. These truckers seem to have a pretty good union.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah its not ending well for many people who are dying. The 7 day average of deaths in the U.S. is 2,378 per day, an average. For a year that would be 853,297 deaths in the US in one year.

It looks like Otoole is going to prove my prediction wrong. Media is reporting that he will speak to the truckers who are on strike. These truckers seem to have a pretty good union.
In a country of 300m people. Aren’t numbers fun? Dying of a virus that predominantly attacks the obese and immune compromised, kinda like any virus, flu, pneumonia. But hey, in the past, a person suffering from Cancer who eventually dies after a bought of pneumonia would be counted into the cancer death column, now people suffering from a disease that catch COVID and pass are passing of COVID.

Not saying this isn’t a real virus, and harmful to some, but the stats are incredibly skewed. It’s like @LION said months ago, people just aren’t allowed to die anymore.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a country of 300m people. Aren’t numbers fun? Dying of a virus that predominantly attacks the obese and immune compromised, kinda like any virus, flu, pneumonia. But hey, in the past, a person suffering from Cancer who eventually dies after a bought of pneumonia would be counted into the cancer death column, now people suffering from a disease that catch COVID and pass are passing of COVID.

Not saying this isn’t a real virus, and harmful to some, but the stats are incredibly skewed. It’s like @LION said months ago, people just aren’t allowed to die anymore.
People are allowed to die, but if the government doesn’t attempt to save as many as possible, the same people will be blamed and will take the flak for those who died under their watch. I also kinda feel like the same people complaining now would be the same ones complaining if mass death numbers arose because they didn’t do enough.

They’re in a no win situation, as they are with most decisions they make. Gonna piss some off and not gonna do enough for others.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

“Omicron will push us over a million deaths,” said Andrew Noymer, a public health professor at the University of California, Irvine. “That will cause a lot of soul searching. There will be a lot of discussion about what we could have done differently, how many of the deaths were preventable.”

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
People are allowed to die, but if the government doesn’t attempt to save as many as possible, the same people will be blamed and will take the flak for those who died under their watch. I also kinda feel like the same people complaining now would be the same ones complaining if mass death numbers arose because they didn’t do enough.

They’re in a no win situation, as they are with most decisions they make. Gonna piss some off and not gonna do enough for others.
So why not start focusing on long term healthy initiatives?

We complain about what’s being done or not being done to protect ourselves from a statistically irrelevant virus (sorry, it is, math doesn’t lie)….how many of us drink more than 10 beers per week? How about 10-20? How about something stiffer?

If you are saying yes, do you know how damaging THAT is to your health, both short and long term? Do you have any idea what those 5-10 beers per week do to hurt your natural immunity from anything?

This is also science we understand, yet most adults willingly poison themselves weekly….and now we’re complaining about a virus where, if most people simply cut out booze and replaced it with good hydration and a fcukload of fruits and veggies every week, this virus would have no effect.

But hypocrisy is fun too.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0