Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone else see this turning into a shitshow real quick?
Maybe not ending how the organizers had hoped in being peaceful.
No doubt. Opportunists will blend in and be all over it just like any other protest.

Trudeau calling the truckers "a small fringe minority with unacceptable views" earlier today not gonna help either.

Def Jam Burn GIF by Universal Music MY

Last edited:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
JT is such a sanctimonious little twit, and devout authoritarian statist... "unacceptable views" - oh fcuk right off. This is Canada, not the "basic dictatorship" of the Chinese you so vocally adore.

God I loathe him.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone else see this turning into a shitshow real quick?
Maybe not ending how the organizers had hoped in being peaceful.
Don't worry - JT won't lift a finger to clear anarchists from railways, highways, and major thoroughfares, but he'll have what passes for our army ready to keep the truckers out of anywhere they really want to go...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Trudy goes into isolation due to exposure as the truckers arrive.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No doubt. Opportunists will blend in and be all over it just like any other protest.

Trudeau calling the truckers "a small fringe minority with unacceptable views" earlier today not gonna help either.

Def Jam Burn GIF by Universal Music MY
Small fringe minority? LOL. Who is he trying to kid? The support has been overwhelming for them!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Trudy goes into isolation due to exposure as the truckers arrive.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF
So good. So, how many of us have been "exposed" to this variant in the last month? How about everyone? The guidance by their own health officer is to self monitor for symptoms, if mild symptoms come up, self-isolate, and get back to normal when you feel better. They do not encourage getting a test unless it's an extreme situation...and maybe the PM "running" the country qualifies, but FFS you idiot drama teacher, just get back to work!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anonymous posted a two minute video today alleging that they're releasing intercepted calls involving JT on the 29th... grain of salt with them as always but - also as always - interested to see what they have...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, my trucking saga continues. I have a second 50' flatdeck trailer down in Nicholasville KY this morning getting a load- a week late because of the shortage issue. 2x vax driver? Check. All good, right? Well, not when his truck BREAKS DOWN! No problem, new driver 2x vax showed up, not before sticking me w/ a $2K upcharge from my yesterday price of $10K to move the goods. That was up from $7.5K two weeks ago. 60% price increase in two weeks! So when I said be prepared for low produce on the shelves while prices are going way up, are you ready for it?

Yup, nothing to see here! How can this possibly have a negative effect on our economy and not contribute to hyper inflation? Nah, all is good. Just go ahead and blame the truckers, and not the source of the problem, bad Politics.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I will rent a rig for 2 months and ride this financial wave.
You want to invest in me Dude??

truck GIF

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, my trucking saga continues. I have a second 50' flatdeck trailer down in Nicholasville KY this morning getting a load- a week late because of the shortage issue. 2x vax driver? Check. All good, right? Well, not when his truck BREAKS DOWN! No problem, new driver 2x vax showed up, not before sticking me w/ a $2K upcharge from my yesterday price of $10K to move the goods. That was up from $7.5K two weeks ago. 60% price increase in two weeks! So when I said be prepared for low produce on the shelves while prices are going way up, are you ready for it?

Yup, nothing to see here! How can this possibly have a negative effect on our economy and not contribute to hyper inflation? Nah, all is good. Just go ahead and blame the truckers, and not the source of the problem, bad Politics.

Just say Lexington and we'll know where the fcuk your rig is... seriously... :D

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
JT is such a sanctimonious little twit, and devout authoritarian statist... "unacceptable views" - oh fcuk right off. This is Canada, not the "basic dictatorship" of the Chinese you so vocally adore.

God I loathe him.
His strategists told him what to say and he agreed or he would not have said anything. He could have talked about the reasons for the vaccine mandate. Facts like 21 died yesterday in B.C. or facts like almost 900,000 dead in the U.S. so far.
Games can be played with statistics. If someone dies from covid in florida then the state does not include them in the count if they also have a home out of state.

lfc4

Sep 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
First they send nurses home, those individuals that you would trust will do all they can to protect themselves as well as their patients. Thankless job, and we should all be grateful whether we personally need them or not, that there are individuals who exist that have the desire and passion for nursing.

Now the truckers. About as contactless as a job there is. Give them rules, guidelines, protocols and make it work. They give us stupid rules as to how far apart and how many in how big a backyard we are allowed to be, give it to the truckers and trust 95% of them will abide to keep working and stay safe. And make sure the raspberries are at Costco when I go. Love their raspberries.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But PV can't tell the truckers to get back to work. :rolleyes:
Oh trust me, the ones that can be working, are working.

The nursing issue @lfc4 brought up has been bothering me, too. Of any group that is intellectually well armed to make a decision about what to put into their bloodstream, it's them. One day heroes, the next pariahs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny how the tide can change?

March / April May 2020: we all stood outside our houses, outside hospitals, etc., applauding all of our essential workers at 7:00 every evening. It was pretty cool.

Two years later, the same woke people are now yelling and screaming at the same essential workers for practicing their right to choose.

Honestly, in early March 2020? I was definitely on the side of concern about this virus, as in concern for death to loved ones. Me? If I die, so be it. I'm dead, right? I won't miss me being gone, cause I'll be gone ( @lfc4 would definitely miss me). I was 100% appreciative of those essential workers, and other areas like grocers where they were on the front line, sort of speak.

Now, really, they are just regular jobs. I still love nurses (for a variety of very good reasons), very thankful for their professions, feel they are undervalued as a whole in society. I think it's indisputable the truckers- whether they are all white racists or not, as @PV suggests- are still essential. As LFC says, they are as contactless as it gets. So why is society now turning on the ones that choose not to inject? Worse, why is our government, especially now with this variant basically being treated as a common cold? It's a joke.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0