Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indoor dining shut down until April 19th.

2 million doses of astrazeneca Arriving this week being put on hold for anyone under 55

Here we go again

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. If that news is coming out even before todays announcement then I am guessing the the 3 day total must be high.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indoor dining shut down until April 19th.

2 million doses of astrazeneca Arriving this week being put on hold for anyone under 55

Here we go again
"Indoor dining shut down until April 19th."- Huh? Is this new as of today?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, somehow the "science" and "data" suggests that indoor dining, while curbed for 3 weeks, will now flatten the curve. Had we just done this 13 months ago we'd all be just fine now. Right?...

Imagine you're a restaurant or pub that has somehow survived all this, spent the thousands on the barriers (because covid cannot go up and over, or down and under a flimsy 3' tall piece of suspended plastic or lexan) and other "health and safety planning" now they're going to be shut for 3 weeks (is there any indication that won't get extended like every other restriction has???)

For. Fcuks. Sakes.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally.

Lost my shite about an hour ago. There is literally no rhyme of reason to her decisions.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously just wrote that as my 6 year old got dropped off from skiing; yes, she car pooled with friends. Cause fcuk Bonnie.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously just wrote that as my 6 year old got dropped off from skiing; yes, she car pooled with friends.

Seriously just wrote that as my 6 year old got dropped off from skiing; yes, she car pooled with friends. Cause fcuk Bonnie.
When cooking frogs, start them in cold water. allow the temperature to slowly rise. if you try to throw them into boiling water, they will jump out.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is my state of mind right now....I don't know if that's a piss take on me, or Bonnie, or what. I will say this....I knew that all season we're counting every week as an extra week of skiing, cause eventually they were going to shut it down. Whistler is getting way too much attention for the wrong reasons, and the wrong reasons are the local 20-30 workers that just carry on as per normal, in all hallowed traditional Whistler activities. They are spreading this virus like crazy around town, yet the Authorities can't point to any transmission on the hill. They are in shared housing, mostly. They are in social settings, homes.

So for me, I've been lucky enough that I have 2/3 kids who love skiing. My 6 year old just lights up. Loves it, I have literally NEVER had a bad day on the hill. Never a tantrum that you see with kids all the time trying to learn to ski. The biggest issue I have w/ her is she'll take a tree line without me seeing, and for 10 agonizing minutes I'll be looking around frantically, and finally I just go down to the next lift and see her waiting there for me. I actually have a GPS key finder in her pocket, for those moments. Never had to really use it, thankfully. A bunch of friends showed up last week to ski from Vancouver, and she hung all day, and of 6 people skiing, she was typically 3/4 in the group of adults who are all good skiers.

This is what we do every Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday. So selfishly I'm gutted. I'm finally feeling what all you guys have been feeling w/ your kids being shut out of soccer and hockey all winter. But not so selfishly, this is going to put a dagger into businesses that have all spent thousands trying to adjust and make the most of this. Its a joke to punish the industries that have been complying, and have not contributed to transmission.

I may just find myself attending a protest here sooner than later. I think I'm done being a polite Canadian.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude with you mate. @dezza good shout on CBC Article... Justin McElroy might be the last vestige of anything resembling journalism there.

This isn't "political" because it doesn't seem to matter if the provincial governments are "liberal" or "conservative" or "progressive" they have all made a hash of it. Remember Horgan called an election in this pandemic.

Remember that unelected doctors and elected idiots (the best of our society dare not run for political office these days) are drunk with power.

The numbers went progressively down every day this weekend over three days and 6 (six!) people died with covid (2 per day if the teachers didn't botch my math education). Remember at the height of the "second wave" when 14-20 people died per day?

This is a farce and a last ditch effort to what?...bend a curve that cannot be bent unless you either shut it all down and vaccinate everyone? or let it burn out? (or both?!)

I dare Mr. Horgan or Bonnie Henry to tell us the ages of those 6 folks that (sadly RIP) passed away this weekend. I submit to you they weren't average healthy joe and jane sixpack. They were 80/90+ LTC residents with a leg (up to the hip) into the casket. Funny how granularity in numbers is fine when they want to blame cohorts and not the when they want to defend sanctions or restrictions. Give us the data or Get. To. Fcuk.

Get out and support your local mom and pop on takeaway and patios. Avoid Home Depot, Walmart and Cambodian Tire. And remember this at the next election.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally.

Lost my shite about an hour ago. There is literally no rhyme of reason to her decisions.

Crazy man. One day you are doing the right thing and the next day its banned.
Gives 'Karens and Kens' more ammo to shoot at now.

Karen GIF by moodman

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0