Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Now the Quals are over...On to the draw!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the qualifications are all done and dusted, save a few make up games I think...

Where and when are the group draws?

If your team(s) were eliminated (Scotland, England, Northern Ireland, Rep of ireland) who are you supporting in the tourney? Is there a sleeper? A Greek repeat?

Group winners:
Poland, Portugal
Greece, Turkey
Croatia, Russia
Romania, Holland
Italy, France:mad:
Czechs, Zee Germans
Spain, Sweden

I personally will be pulling for Holland first and my new favorite team Croatia a close second.

Here's to friendlies at Hampden, Cardiff, and Wembley in the Summer....Time for the British Isles Championship Cup Tourney 2008:(:(:(:(

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seedings for the draw for the 2008 European Championship in Austria and Switzerland: Draw takes place Dec 2nd!

Pot One:
Switzerland
Austria
Greece
Holland
Pot Two:
Croatia
Italy
Czech Republic
Sweden
Pot Three:
Germany
Romania
Portugal
Spain
Pot Four:
Poland
France
Turkey
Russia

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course I'm cheering for the square heads! Winner
UEFA EURO 1972, UEFA EURO 1980, UEFA EURO 1996

Holland is my least favorite!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seedings for the draw for the 2008 European Championship in Austria and Switzerland: Draw takes place Dec 2nd!

Pot One:
Switzerland
Austria
Greece
Holland
Pot Two:
Croatia
Italy
Czech Republic
Sweden
Pot Three:
Germany
Romania
Portugal
Spain
Pot Four:
Poland
France
Turkey
Russia

wow, so we could see a group with Holland, Italy, Germany, and France in it? How does that work!?:eek:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good question Zenga! The Dutch were awarded a #1 seed. Complete BS

Um, hello, if you don't like the Dutch then you want them to be seeded #1. They didn't want it, that's for sure. With the two co-hosts (Austria and Switzerland) and the defending champs (Greece) being seeded along witht the Netherlands, the second and third pots are actually much harder than the first. This means the Dutch are guaranteed to get the group of death instead of having turgid teams like Austria or the Swiss as the headliner.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Um, hello, if you don't like the Dutch then you want them to be seeded #1. They didn't want it, that's for sure. With the two co-hosts (Austria and Switzerland) and the defending champs (Greece) being seeded along witht the Netherlands, the second and third pots are actually much harder than the first. This means the Dutch are guaranteed to get the group of death instead of having turgid teams like Austria or the Swiss as the headliner.

I understand that. At the same time its not right though that they were placed ahead of everybody else.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not according to the writeup, they had the best coefficient based on matches won and lost etc...

click the link, have a read. ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fine, luckily or unluckily for the Dutch you don't make the decisions ;)

I assume they would get their own co-efficient data and pooling right though...

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

Attachments

• 02_austinpowers3_2.jpg
    02_austinpowers3_2.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 107
  • 02_austinpowers3_3.jpg
    02_austinpowers3_3.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 106

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group A: Switzerland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Turkey
Group B: Austria, Croatia, Germany, Poland
Group C: Netherlands, Italy, Romania, France
Group D: Greece, Sweden, Spain, Russia

Looks like group c is the group of death, fcuk had they put Portugal in pot 2 and the draw went the way it did it might have been deja vu all over for Greece. How do you choose the seeding of the group and they all take the same number. Turkey was chosen first and they got the A4 seed then Poland gets drawn and they get the B4 seed, France the C4 and Russia the D4. Then they drew Portugal and they got the A3, Germany the B3 and so on and these numbers were supposed to be random yet they get drawn in order...something fishy there as pot number and group numbers matched. Switzerland-Czech Republic is the opening match June 7th. Luckily Greece avoided Italy as they and Sweden were the last 2 teams and we avoid match fixing.:rolleyes:

My predictions are:
Group A:Czechs, Turkey(bye bye Portugal :eek:)
Group B:Germany, Croatia
Group C:Italy, France (the dutch always find a way to choke)
Group D:Greece and Spain

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0