Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Sportsman League

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The NSSL kicked off this weekend.

Jim Beam played the Lightning and put them down 2-0. It should have been higher but there are no points for missed crosses, posts, crossbars etc. It was damn hot on the turf and it looked like the Lightning could have used a few more subs cause they faded after 35-40 minutes and had minimal chances in the 2nd half.

Took in the Deep Cove Primos match and it was a tightly contested match which saw a dangerous looking Cove fall 1 behind midway through the 2nd half. The Primos had a chance to take a 2 goal lead with 3 minutes remaining but their striker was unable to lob the Cove goalie who left his net to defend the breakaway. On the very next play, Cove takes the ball up the field and scores the tying goal on a great pass and finish. End Score 2-2

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad to see this thread started! DCR will be dangerous this summer, watch out. Even better is the fact 5 of their guy's are also playing for my NSCL summer team!

What were the other scores for the weekend?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LEI 2 JimBeam 0. The 'Beam got outworked for most of the game. Had we put some more effort into the game in the first half, the result would have been different.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JimBeam played a newly formed Wickman FC under 21 team. For the first 25 minutes they ran the old boys ragged and should have had a couple of tallys for their efforts. However, TSN turning point occured when one of their defenders left an unmarked JimBeam player on the top of the 6 for a corner kick. The ball dropped nicely to his instep and the next play was taken at centre circle. Junior'ino then showed the young Wickham team what grown up soccer is all about with a brillant gritty run through 3 of their defenders that took him just inside the 18 where he clincallly slotted the ball home. 3rd goal came off a hospital pass(by yours truly) that one of our defenders ran onto. He managed to slide it through the carnage I created at the top of their 18 and off the post and in it went. 3-bagel for the not so young, still have some teeth JimBeam team.

On a side note, the more and more frequent field-turf play is beginning to have a deletriuous effect on my soft tissue and I am not talking about the back fat. As I am playing in two leagues, I'm either playing a Sat, Mon or like today a Sun,Mon combination. I don't think my knees are digging this action and the May Long weekend could not come any sooner. A couple of days pontooning around a lake is just the right medicine.

-BonesOut-

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is an old thread. I did start another one for this year under summer leagues but their don't seem to be many takers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts