Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

north shore coaches league update

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rematch?

Pipes & Johnno
I smell a rematch, Lets see if you get to play each other in the cup.;)

Or better still, twice next year;)

hedkandi

methinksJohnnoistoo****sureofdivision2supremacy

B

Biff

Pipes has a point....

Yo Pipes:

I agree- I think it's great the way peg/olys plays everyone, and they do it smartly, too, in terms of the game's flow. Even so, you're still near top of table- so I'd love to see your top line-up vs Norvan's. On any given day, I think it would come down to which team's 2 or 3 big guns performed the best. As for the league, yeah, point taken again, although "inconsistent" might be a bit fairer than "shite"..... it is after all a coaches/old boys league.

As for the exciting Malone's vs Pegs match... yes, you guys outchanced us, no doubt. But I don't know who told you that you out-played us so badly- that's rubbish! The game ebbed and flowed both ways. And if you don't burry your chances, and you don't play full 90 (or 80), you don't win. Plus Jua's peno was questionable- he was fouled, but he also got a clear shot away. Most ref's won't give you both. Anyway, we'll take the 3 pts & run all the way to the bar.

Biff

Johnno

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rookie...speaks

I must agree with Biff naked there and Pips ... that Peg does have a nice fair way of getting all their lads into the game and I wish that more teams could afford to do that. Thanks to Cside for giving me the bebefit of being the rookie. I kinda like bantering on this forum and wish that more lads from the NSCL will get onto it to voice or shoot the shite. Anyway in regards to hedkandi about Malone's supremacy in the 2nd. I think we have a damn good chance to win this division with the lead we have. However I realize that the bubble could easily be popped and we will have to work hard each and every game. But I remain confident and bullish on our club.
Cheers Johnno!

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey johnno,

The situation in the league right now is that outside of norvan and freybe's no team should be getting to high on themselves.
the parity is such that there is no room to take any team too lightly whether it be an "A" or"B" team. Now that I have had the opportunity to get over last weeks lost I must admit (as per biff) that inconsistent is a fairer word than shite to describe most teams in our league. The time is now to move over to the week 11 matchups and predictions thread and put last week behind us.

P.S. Johnno, Peg may have been shite in the last part of that game but we will beat you if there is a next time because your squad is shite-ier and we will not be stung twice.

Pipes (peg/old boy forever)

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cside 17,

Could not get the nscl league results from the league tape. What gives?? Could you post the scores on T.T.P.

Thanks,

pipes (peg/oldboy forever)

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nscl scores

Pipes, I just checked the league tape. It's working fine, so don't know why you couldn't get the scores.

Norvan-5 Rangers-0
Pegasus-4 Seymour-3
Meralomas-2 Nordic-1
Freybe-2 Blueridge-0
Lupo-2 Lynn Valley-1
Coveside-6 Carribbean-0
Malones-5 Rams-4

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big win...

...for the Lomas...well done lads! In a seven team division where 2 teams get relegated taking 6 points off a team like Nordic goes a huge way to securing a Div 1 spot next year:)

I guess all the other games went to 'plan'...no real shockers although the Peg/Seymour and the Malones/Rams tilts sounded like crowd pleasers:cool:

missingmysundaymorningfootygaffa

:eek:

B

Biff

Pipes prediction almost came true...

OK.... we were lucky against the Rams this past weekend. I almost felt the horsehoes drop-out when they scored to go up it 4-2, but we found a way, once again, to play only half a game then still come back and win it late.

In the last fifteen minutes, we licked them like KD Lang with a taco, but the rest of the match was SHITE. The crowd was certainly entertained, though.

The Rams played hard, and striker Gary Ott (best kept secret in the league) was back and scoring. I'd have to say that if the Rams keeper had played even an average game, we would have lost that one. Makes me wonder which Malone's team will show up for Freybe's this coming week.....

Hey, can anyone give a report on the Meralomas/Nordic game?

Adios, Biff Malone

PS, Johnno:
Next time you "take the piss", try not to let it dribble down your pants.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Match Report

Game of the week...

Meralomas 2 Nordic 1

Another win and it was done in a business like fashion. Nordic who wanted to settle the score after we defeated them 4-1 only a month ago.:D

Missing a couple of training nights we were caught often snatching at passes and uptight on our control. Defensively well organized again ,
Thanks to Jeff, Paul B and Dave N who kept aiming his clearances to Bruce C arse!;)

But with a team effort we made a strong impression within the midfield, Pat, Coxy, Garry and Dave R who beat his man on the right to put hard low cross into the 6-yard box straight to Paul M's boot 1-0 No, he scuffed it wide.:eek: But was thankful to Pat a short time later who put him through to redeem himself, 1-0. :)

Nordic pressed hard and used the strikers in wide areas to break behind our defense and was given an opportunity for only Rob to come up big and
pluck that shot right out of the air.:cool: They kept on, gained control inside from out half on the right crossing it and with a flick on and a
header 1-1.

We created some of the better chances to round up the first half and RJ who got handed a gift from the keeper. (a poor goal kick straight to his
feet) surely 2-1 . No, RJ scuffing it wide, slipped on some ice!:confused:

The second half was tight, Nordic content in going through the air. We were not matching in the height department, but we still dug down missing chances from Paul M who was constantly buzzing around on all sides of the pitch; taking a corner from the right side going straight to the keeper who promptly dropped on the boot of Dave R who bulged the ol' onion bag. 2-1. :cool:

We then had to soak up some determined Nordic attack who by this time had a lost few players due to muscle pulls and cuts. Great positional
play by Rob to thwart their aerial attack and no other clear shots on net to trouble him.
Breakaways from Art, and Dave R crossing to Paul M were unlucky to give us a 2 goal lead. Although we crept into 'our defensive shell' for the last five minutes. A win.:D

The victory was our 5th straight, HUGE. We now stand with 21 points in 4th and Nordic with 14 points in 5th position. We now aim our sights to 3rd position where our newly promoted rivals, Pegasus sit.

Gaffa was right. Let us aim for third and of course "Winners are Grinners" :D :D :D :D :D

We took the Maximum 6 points of Noridc. A team who have become our rivals over the last few years and until this year we had never beat in League play.

hedKandi

sweetasanut:cool:

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mahon Turf?

Any word on Mahon turf being inspected again. Heard through the grape vine it may be inspected today. Possibly open this week????

Pipes, what time should I be there Sunday for the "Hot Rummers?" Johnno, I said, "Rummers not Hummers" so don't get all excited and start putting your lip balm on.

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dickens cider,

I just heard on the league tape that the mahon turf field failed miserably. Now they are talking springtime. Give me a fukcing break. Nscl home of the 80 minute game. With mahon closed and more than likely all grass parks you'll have to check the league line (604)-983-6444 local 704 to get the game time. The colder and wetter the game is the better the hot bum-buttered rums will be. Johnno you may want to swing by for a toddie. A couple of those and we can drop your drawers to see the horseshoe that may be parked up your arse.

(bringthemissestothechangeroomforalittledickenscider)

Pipes (peg/oldboy forever)

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A Joke

Mahon field is toast, defunkt and gone out to pasture:rolleyes: Now we are left with 80 minute games:mad: and no extra grass fields.

Bring back Cleveland North and South. What a complete joke. What didn't they do on Mahon that they did on Griffin. What, did they get lost trying to find the park? Or was it the weather?
Yes I can see it now its raining buckets on Mahon and down the road at Griffin, its a fcuking heatwave:rolleyes:
Sounds like work from 'Arfur Job'

hedKandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts