Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

north shore coaches league update

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
North shore coaches league results:

norvan 1-0 coveside
l.valley 3-3 blueridge
lupo 2-0 caribbean all stars
freybe ppd. rangers
nordic 1-4 meralomas
malones 0-0 rams
pegasus 4-0 seymour

norvan battled with coveside to a close 1-0 match. much improved meralomas trounced a struggling nordic side. div. 2 leaders dumped points to the rams and pegasus shutout seymour
in coaches league action. three horse race in div.a between norvan, freybe and pegasus. div b sees malones, coveside and rams as the front runners.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSCL

"much improved meralomas trounced a struggling nordic side"

Yes, the Old Boys in Orange did pounce on Nordic after our 3-1 loss to Norvan, the week previous which gave us some comfort in scoring to tie it up with 5 minutes to go. We thought we had the point but a team like Norvan who as good as they are can always find a way to win.

We took to the park a depleted defensive unit, lots of confidence and lots of heart as Nordic, a rival for some years, we had crushed in a pre-season Exhibition 6-0. This was our game.

Their only goal came from a play that Wes Brown and Barthez would have been proud of!

A huge Three points.
"Winners Are Grinners":D

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 8 Scores

Lynn Valley 0 Pegasus 5
Malones 2 Rangers 0
Nordic 2 C.A.S 2
Rams 0 Norvan 10
Freybe 2 Coveside 1
Lupo 2 Meralomas 5
Seymour 3 Blueridge 0

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We did well with week 8 predictions. Nordic tieing c.a.s. is a bit of a shocker. Coveside didn't have what it takes to knock off a good "A" side team. Outside of that things went as per predictions.

week 9 predictions (I'll let hedkandi put his scores in)
winners in ( )

malones- (nordic) I still rate nordic as a team. Just inconsistent.
lupo- seymour- tie.
(norvan)- lynn valley Should be a good old fashion shite kicking
C.A.S.- (pegasus) unlike nordics struggles we will make this a good old fashioned shite kicking.
coveside-meralomas-tie I rate both these teams therfore it may end as predicted.
(rangers)-blueridge If the ring rangers can't beat the blueballs then they may as well fold their tent.
rams- (freybe's)

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Malones 2- 2 Nordic - MT needs to find the scoring touch again.
Norvan 6 - 0 LV - Danny V gets another 'trick. Gord D...have you ended the blond ambition thing yet?
CAS 1 - 5 Peg - easy one for the flying horsemen. Has there team changed much from last year?
Coveside 1 - 2 Lomas... game of the week here with the boys in burnt orange pinching it late with a Loic special. I'm tipping C'side to win Div 2 this year.
Rangers 2 - 0 Blueridge...the mighty may have fallen but they'll get 3 points this weekend.
Rams 0 - 4 Freybes...Easy one for Sausage makers.

All the best gentlemen. Are those field turf pitches in NV up and running yet?

The Gaffa :D

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gazza you may be bang on with those predictions. For an aging Div.1 lomas player looking in we'll see how you faired. Your team should get over to the north shore and lend the very formable over 30's lomas side some support. As for the new turf parks in N.V. last I heard was that griffin was good to go and mahon n. ran into a few snags but may still open this weekend. To answer your other questions Peg/oldboys has changed somewhat. Unlike our injury riddled season last year we have a healthy group of ex-peg/oly players. Such players as Tony P., Denis A., John C.(Jua), Rob R., and Conway H. We also picked up which may be arguably the best Keeper in our league in an ex- Fireman "A" Jason M.

Pipes (Peg/Oldboy forever)

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gaffa not gazza

Pipes,

Would have to agree with you on your Goalie. He certainly kept you guys alive in the first half of your win VS the Lomas this year. The second half, I think we could have done with your keeper as ours seemed to be 'out to lunch' in the 2nd half. That 30 yard or was it 40 yard throw-in that went like a bullet straight to the net and yes I thought that did touch somebody however unintentionally on its way in.
But the handball was ball to hand and a harsh call .

Anyways bygones, good luck this w/e.

BTW Pipes, Gaffa was one the geezer who slotted the Free Kick winner against you to take us to eventually win 2nd Div.:cool:

Gaffa, I'll stick with your predicitions. Come out we are at Griffin on the new Field Turf (finally) KO 9am.

Coveside have had 3 tight losses in a row, 2 of them against the best in the 1st. While Malones are yet untested by the top dogs in the 1st. Tough it will be as we saw last year. (hopefully without the yellow:D :D )

Good luck to all. Enjoy the field turf boys.

Once an old Loma, always an old Loma, Eh Gaffa?
:D

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't get out to the Lomas Coveside tilt this morning. From what I heard Lomas came out on fire and took a 3 zip lead early. They then let Coveside back in it and were lucky to come away with a 3-2 win.:eek: ...4th win on the trot for the 'orange and black'... Cside what was your take on the game?...:confused:

TryingtogettheNSCLthreadgoinggaffa:p

HedK...thanks for coming out y'day.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pregame Nap

Well, Coveside napped from 9:00am- 10:00am, when we woke up, we were down by 3. Thought we out ran/played ya in the 2nd. If our strikers could finish "a crap", we would be even, if not better. Enjoyable game, except your keeps a mouthy WANKER, makes Art look like a deaf/mute. There's always next year!
Pumpkins 3-2 Coveside

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gaffa was on fire going 6 for 6 in his predictions. week 9 results were

malones 2-2 nordic. I watched the first half of this and M.T. notched a pair by the half. Nordics struggles continue.
lupo 1-1 seymour A game that seymour can't afford to dump 2 points
norvan 3-1 Lynn valley closer game in terms of the score than most would predict.
C.A.S. 0-4 Pegasus T.P. bangs a hatty. Peg cruised in this one.
coveside 2-3 meralomas sounds like lomas came out flying as they did against peg and then ran out of steam,however hanging on to this one.
rangers 1-0 blueridge good to see that rangers sniffed out a win against a lowly "b" side. Should keep them going for another week.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cside...

...Art, a deaf mute...now thats funny:D ...as for Keepers, being loud mouth wankers...this is generally true of most keepers isn't it?. Just ask the poor sods who play infront of me every weekend:eek:

Lost points for Nordic and Seymour this w/e...could come back to haunt them.

Any progress on the Surrey/Norvan tilt? Ballbaby, PM hedkandi(or viceaversa) and lets get it on.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Football is a game of 2 halves!

Cside17,

If you were caught Napping first half, the second half, the Lomas went into hibernation;)

We may have scraped 3 points out on Griffin as you scraped by with only a yellow from that tackle from behind.:mad:

Our Keeps certainly stole it from the boot of your striker in what the 5th or 6th minute of injury time!

Our game MVP, Lady Luck :D :D
Sometimes she comes and lends a helping hand.

The 1st half, we had a great strike rate from our team. Good midfield play and great support from Kenny. Also Loic causing them all sorts of problems 'till he was taken out of the game. But gave us the momentum we needed to secure 3-0 by the break.
The 2nd half is simple to report. It was all Coveside, we sneaked by thanks to your strikers;)
and to some defending from us, Refs calls and that luckily games are only 45 minute halves.:D

It wasn't pretty but we will take the 3 points.

hedKandi

BTW,
I feel Coveside wiil win the 2nd Div. They have had a tough stretch of games VS Div 1 teams and Malones have yet to do so. Like us last year we had a tough first half of the season and settled down to get important wins to win the 2nd Div. :D This time last year we were sitting in 5th place.
We'll see ya next year, Cside17.

Johnno

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quietly getting the job done!

I'm a novice at this TTP so here it goes.
I feel that Malones FC has turned a few heads in our inaugral season and have gained much respect. Our goal is to get promoted into Div. 1 and we have been quietly accomplishing that. Our record of being undefeated at this point in the season is somewhat of a surprise to me, but also deserved. We are a good hard working team for 80 minutes (2 x 40 - most weeks) All you teams who haven't played us, beware....we are on a mission from GOD!
Anyway there is my first TTP. Pretty tame eh?
Johnno!

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
johnno let's get fcuking serious here for a minute. For starters your squad should be called plumbers F.C. You guys are on top of a division that is complete shite. I was rating coveside but after watching their last match I am now putting them amongst the list of shite in the "b" division. "b" for brutal. Yes you should win that division especially if you continue to have horseshoes up your asses. I didn't watch the match with peg but I heard from both sides that outside of the three goals you scored peg should of had double that and they totally dominated the rest of the game. If you do get into "a" hopefully you"ll do better than the two shite teams that move down. Rangers and seymour would be my guess to be relegated. This entire league is on the slide outside of maybe the top four. We should maybe try to arrange some exhibition games with the west coast premier over 30's just to see how our sorry asses would fair. In summary johnno you have a mediocre team in outside of a few good teams a sorry ass league.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Reality Check

BTW Johnno,

Horseshoes aside. Good win VS Pegasus. As I said it was the game of the week and I would have liked to watch that one. Also like to know if Pegs Keeps was there.
Lets look at the bigger picture, you haven't played The top 2 in Div 1. I don't see any team taking 3pts away from Norvan from the seemless endless dominance but it will end and IF you can do it, Kudos.
Freybe who will be tough for you too. The only difference with them is that they may fall asleep in the early going, going down a goal early, thinking that after 80 minutes, you have done your work and in the last 10 they score 2.
So have a look at the table now at midway point and as you drop 6pts VS the top Div 1 and replay some of the other your Division rivals & see how they quickly gain ground. :p

Do not start eyeing the McGinty Cup. 9 games to go and as they say "its a funny old game"

hedKandi

PS. The only Godlike intervention is that you've played 80 minute games, doubled on Lynn Valley Park outside the Church who seem to be your supporters.
;)

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 10 Update

Here you go,

Coveside 0 Seymour 0
Nordic 4 Blueridge 0
Meralomas 4 Rams 1
Malones 3 Pegasus 2
CAS 0 Norvan 12
Freybe 6 Lynn Valley 0
Rangers 6 Lupo 2

hedKandi

Johnno

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pipes ...Blows goats

Well pips...pimp...puke what ever they call you... If all Div. A teams are so high and mighty how can they blow a 2-0 lead and allow a Shite-B team like ours to come back to tie or beat them as we did VS Nordic then again Vs Pegasus? I would call those teams shite to allow it to happen. So get your pimple laden head from out of your crack and watch us play a couple of games before you make any more asssinine comments.

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jocko,

What I was saying and you obviously didn't comprehend, was that, before you get too high on yourselves, is that outside of a few teams in our league whether it be "A" or "B", are not very good. Unlike most teams in our league we believe in equal time for all players whether we are winning or losing. In doing so we are smart enough to realize that we will not be as successful than if we put out our best players and made subs according to the needs of the game. I wouldn't deny that peg. are capable of being great and shite all in the same game. So to correct you I never did say that "A" teams were high and mighty and I have watched your team enough to put you on the list of shite teams in our league.

Pipes (peg/oly's forever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts