Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[North Shore Coaches League] Results & Banter - October & November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [North Shore Coaches League] Results & Banter - October 2004

Regs said:
New month, new thread, new pile :D

Where's Eagles?

:D

Carry on,

~Regs.

I will threaten him to post...after all in his absence last week Spada got the goose egg...so his position is not as secure as he might think... :D

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spada did look very sharp in the pipes with the alternate red jersey on. What color is Eagles kit?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tee said:
Spada did look very sharp in the pipes with the alternate red jersey on. What color is Eagles kit?

Black, that way he can throw on a string of pearls and he is ready for evening wear... :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin

From what I heard happened at the Peg fundraiser Sunday night, Sir M, you're not far off! :D

Explain yourself Eagles!

~Regs.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

After having last weekend off to attend that barmitzfa,( or was it a baptism?) , I was hoping to be back in my normal spot at kick off for the Seymour game this week. A good run, a quick post game pop, ( in a cup, maybe in the karaoke tent), then off to watch the daughter play at Klahanie for the Cap U19 ladies side, and have a few more pops there,( where it is LEGAL and even encouraged!! :D ). But with every great plan, there is always a problem, and this weeks problem is........our keeper, Jason. Yes, the very same man who not four weeks ago assured me that, no, I did not have to look for another keeper because he was going to be Mr. Reliable this year, no sleep-ins, no-shows, whatever. So Tuesday he, in a very quiet fashion, stated that he can not attend this weeks game because he had a "family thing" come up and he has to go out of town. Right. My guess is that he has finally gotten this girl has has been dating to go away with him, and the only "family thing" :rolleyes: thats going to come up this weekend is his johnson!! :eek: So here's the problem...that leaves me, ex-keeper, has-been, ( that's not quite right, you have to have been to be a has-been ) whatever, between the pipes this weekend. ( no laughter, please ) Not what I wanted to do, I was hoping those days were over, as anyone who witnessed the Lupo/Malones debacle at the end of last winter will agree. With any luck Seymour will come out shooting BB's, and I won't have to make any real saves. Come out hard and fast will be the manta, both for the team and for Jason. :wa: ( sorry, too much information ) A further report to follow post game.

lupoman

lupomanthinkingmaybegetshitfacedbeforethegame

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lupoman said:
lupomanthinkingmaybegetshitfacedbeforethegame

I say you try it, it worked for Davey last week...but don't go too overboard, when he tried this strategy in week two, he couldn't make it to the game becuse he couldn't find his car...I'm serious...

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Brilliant! :D An actual " Dude, were's my car" ! Just classic. Seeing as how my last outting in net went, no-one would be able to tell the difference! Now where did I leave that vodka?

lupoman

lupomanlookingforhismartiniglass :wa:

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coveside 4-1 Norvan :D , more to follow once I sober up! Whiney fcuks deserved to get stuffed! :)

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Seymour 2 , Lupo 0, A poor showing today. Seymour came out ready to play and we did not. Nuf said.

lupoman

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Malones 1 - 1 Peg.

Glad to take a couple of points away from them. It was questioable if Peg. would go the whole season with anything but W's. They move the ball well and we had to play quite a bit of the game in our half. Poor shooting on their part and solid challenges from us kept the score low. There goal came on a scramble and poor clearence from a well organized :rolleyes: Malones defensive stand.

We had our chances at the other end and again some poor finishing. Nice goal from a cross, headed in by the little french guy. Pure magic and no hope for their keeper.

Great game from Coveside over Norvan. The stench from the Coveside family BBQ filled the lungs of our backline but also appeared to choke the Peg. forwards as the entered our half. Whatever works :D

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coveside/Norvan was a cracker to play in. Norvan had all the usual suspects out and still knock it around well. They could feel a little aggreived not to have been given a penalty in the first half but 1-1 was about right at half time.

The second half saw Norvan get more possession but if DV doesn't 'do it' in the final third they ran out of ideas on this day. We countered superbly today and were full value for the 3 unanswered goals in the second half. Our teams committment to defending as a unit as well as 3 well taken and timely goals won us the day.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peg 1 Malones 1

Last Sunday morning, my mood was not getting any brighter and my hair any darker as I learned moments before kickoff that over and above JAGS, Mike Findlay, Besty, Pistilli, Luch, Pipes, and goaltender boom box Henderson not being available for selection, another 7 players, including our other goaltender Eagles, who strained his neck by trying to get it to support his head the day before, would not be gracing Confederation Park for the Peg side this day. With Spada again having to start in goal, we had but two substitutions on this hot turf day :cool: . Having said that, the game was considerably tilted in our favour in the first half, and I think if we would have bagged one we would have had four, but our front runners and midfield were severely guilty of trying one or two many showoffy and overambitious tricks in the final third of the field against a rather panicky :confused: :eek: Malones defence.

Falling back and soaking up pressure...but enough about Pistilli's bathroom problems... Malones successfully held Peg at bay and relied on counterattacking against some of our nomadic central defenders (and goaltenders actually). Malones clearly, if they were going to score this day, would have to do so on a set piece, and at 70 minutes a textbook corner was buried by the absolutely unmarked (Spada's excuse..."I was thinking about the 40 something Crantini lapping birds at the Creekside Karaoke night at the time...sorry Sir M) Gallic Malonian midfielder, and Peg were down by one :eek: Malones actually almost got another a couple minutes later when Captain Acilli, having to play in goal in the second half, got caught on a bit of an adventure in his area. Having weathered that storm, the tiring Peg side came back with Spada atoning for his previous transgression by finishing off a sublime Jim Easton cross to tie it. Peg poured it on in the last ten as Malones packed their box but the closest we got was Stevie Hillier, off of a Brolly feed, hammering an eighteen yarder off of the Malones bar, and Jua on the turn firing a low left footer an inch wide against an at sea Malones keeper.

I thought Malones did play well though...a tremendous celebration by them at the final whistle!!:knvb: Although maybe not quite as skilled, they out worked us and deserved the point based on that alone. :mad: Training tonight followed by liaising with the Cougs at the Karaoke bar, stretching their loins, their chins stained blood red with cheap Cabernet...:wa:

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M
That bit of prose should earn you a Pulitzer Prize nomination! I got chills just reading it, especially liked the coug part. Perhaps you should use Jua as bait and lure them into the karaoke tent,and what with the side flaps and all, just get Pipes belting out "Endless Love" again :eek: , and no-one will hear a thing!! :wa: Yeah, baby!!

lupoman

lupomanonhisthirdmartiniandheadingforthetent

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I thought Malones did play well though...a tremendous celebration by them at the final whistle!!:knvb: QUOTE said:
Just got off of the phone with Eagles, he advises that the celebration by Peg A today after winning the Canadian Amatuer Soccer Championships paled in comparison to the Malones Mardi Gras after last Sunday's tie!!

:D :D :D :D Way to go North Shore Pegasus!!! ;)

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I thought Malones did play well though...a tremendous celebration by them at the final whistle!! QUOTE said:
We could hardly stand after the final whistle yet alone celebrate :D besides hiccup we celebrate after every game and practice for that matter :eek:

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Again Malones is putting together a better sideline crew than the one on the field :( Another injury last night at practice puts 3 more out in the last 2 weeks. The other 2 going down in the Peg. game "celebrations" :rolleyes:

Tonight we play the sausage boys who along with Peg. would also rather see us take points from them with little fanfare :confused: but screw the lot of you :D we'll be doing a ton of celebrating this yr :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

biggs said:
Again Malones is putting together a better sideline crew than the one on the field :( Another injury last night at practice puts 3 more out in the last 2 weeks. The other 2 going down in the Peg. game "celebrations" :rolleyes: QUOTE]

Hey Biggs,

Thats what you get for doing a drunken "Macarena" in those fetching new white Malones Singlets you guys just got...no support...

Pipes always makes sure he has lots of "support" whilst Karaoking, you dont need some unwanted body part flying out and injuring an unsuspecting Coug :eek:

PS A word to the wise be careful about using up all your excuses before the match... :p

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

PS A word to the wise be careful about using up all your excuses before the match... :p[/QUOTE]

Noted :)

Those whites were supposed to be are summer kit :eek: Maybe cside17 will take pity on us and lend us the hoops next summer. White sleeveless :eek: or hoops :eek:

Nap time now as I have to get up for the 9:15pm kick off.

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freybe 4-3 Malones
Seymour 1-1 Malones

Plan 'A' and Plan 'B': CANCELLED. We are on plan 'C' and will quietly sit back in the lower tables and strike with force when fifa changes the rule of play and allows seeing eye dogs on the field so we can hit the net :(

The 3 goals vs Freybe are being investigated and are in no way a reflextion of our true ability :confused:

Lupoman - are you ready for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts