Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[North Shore Coaches League] Results & Banter - October & November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [North Shore Coaches League] Results & Banter - October 2004

Lupoman said:
Another disappointing outing today, just can't seem to get it together this season....if it's not injuries, it's guys going out of town, busy, or just plain don't care. Shored up the line up a bit this week end, with John Davidson and Dave Jeffs making their return to the fold... plus we are looking to get some of our long term injuried back within the next week or so to try and salvage the second half of the season. And just to keep things in the swing we get to face Pegs on the 14th, out of the frying pan into the fire....burn,baby,burn!!

lupoman

So what was the final score :eek: ?

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not sure, was too busy trying to check the team for a pulse, while at the same time trying to slit my wrists. Ok first half, dismall second half. Same old story. Maybe we can lull Pegs to sleep with our play in the first half, and hope they stay there. :rolleyes: Oh yeah, sure, thats going to happen. Only took 6 pints and a 2 hour nap to dull the pain this week, a major improvement over previous weeks. Now, where's that spare liver?

lupoman

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cside/Lupoman...(am addressing this to you because it seems you lads are the only ones who are ever on this thread anymore).

No need to discuss our game Sunday, we all saw it from various perspectives and states of sobriety... :p although Lupoman, your Captain at the coin toss was pretty funny, on a cloudy, no sun, not windy, game on a flat artificial turf field he wants us to turn it around :confused: did he want to align with the Van Allen belt or something? And then this was priceless, when our skipper asked to use our Tango ball, your Cap refused, instead wanting to use that 10 pounder he had shown up with, citing he "didn't want to give us an advantage" :rolleyes: maybe a shot put would have been better using that logic...

(PS Sorry Lupoman if I had to piss take you but no one else is ever on this thread!!!)

Cside you were impressive.

The Seymour NorVan thing is lame...

Some very interesting stuff on the FVSL oldtimers thread... I see SU Mgr. Reader (ex-Peg) guy sign a couple of Peg A (non North Shore) types. It looks like the other Surrey side is pretty upset by that...

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Piss take noted, no offence taken. Yes, Thomas is a pretty unusual guy, although we did manage to keep him this side of psychotic this weekend. Nothing to be said about the game, although it does show the state of our marking when that aging cripple ;) pots four against us! I was pleased that the lads kept their heads up the whole way, we were out played by a superior team, end of story. The up coming weekend off will be good, a chance to re-group and heals some aching bodies. Kudos to the Peg boys for keeping the tone of the game up beat, we were being thumped but didn't get our noses rubbed in it. Total classy.

lupoman

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lupoman said:
Piss take noted, no offence taken. Yes, Thomas is a pretty unusual guy, although we did manage to keep him this side of psychotic this weekend. Nothing to be said about the game, although it does show the state of our marking when that aging cripple ;) pots four against us! I was pleased that the lads kept their heads up the whole way, we were out played by a superior team, end of story. The up coming weekend off will be good, a chance to re-group and heals some aching bodies. Kudos to the Peg boys for keeping the tone of the game up beat, we were being thumped but didn't get our noses rubbed in it. Total classy.

lupoman

Lupoman,

OK, now you are making me feel totally bad about TTPing you... ;)

If you're not doing anything come out and see our match against Norvan this Sunday...should be fun. PS for any dedicated types Peg A is at Kinsmen at 2...weather permitting... :cool:

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think all teams should come out to watch Sunday, with the coolers, of course. I will be there, with some of the lads in tow!

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'll be there along with a few of the Malonians. The 'infectious diseaese' we picked up playing Coveside is playing havoc on our livers.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just want to let everyone know that I am going and will most likely make an appearance at training on Friday. My contract states once a month is fine :wa:

Sir M, I will not be able to play this weekend as I maybe sleeping due to the night before :bronco:

Last time I checked I have never lost to Norvan, summer or winter, maybe I should show up :knvb:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

eagles said:
Just want to let everyone know that I am going and will most likely make an appearance at training on Friday. My contract states once a month is fine :wa:

Sir M, I will not be able to play this weekend as I maybe sleeping due to the night before :bronco:

Last time I checked I have never lost to Norvan, summer or winter, maybe I should show up :knvb:

Eagles;

Re Para #1...Should be good, we even got the heater in the changing room at Mahon fixed (pays to have drag with City Council).

Re Para #2...OK, just don't let your little Jagermeister sipping friend astray (as if he needs your help...)

Re Para #3...I think you should show up we can use your help ;) just be careful in the parking lot :D

If you show up promise to head a block south in the aft (1st half anyway...) :p

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Eagles ....... great to hear you are back at it again and planning for a guest appearance at training. My Betty Ford Clinic stay was only 2 1/2 weeks, so looking forward to getting back at it. I can't believe they don't server Jagermeister at the BF Clinic. Now I know why Spada would never be caught dead in a place like that. :D Actually, the only thing I really missed while away was the Cougar Karaoke at Squito Grill after training. Looking forward to some blood soaked Merlot manes this Friday night.

To stay on topic, I'd like to hear comments about the current scoring leaders in our league. Jua started on fire at the start of the season and then was away for a couple games, so he probably should have more than 10. Bro has caught Jua with 4 on the weekend to round out his season account at 10. Bro started his scoring this season like his sprinting ....... not too quick out of the blocks. However, he is a big target man that in unbeatable in the air. Just ask Flaimer on Freybe's. :D Danny Vaughn is always a threat and hopefully our game plan we have used over the last couple of years on him will work again this weekend. Danny is a clinical finisher, but knock him, bang him and keep in his back pocket in the first 15 minutes and he slowly disappers during the game. The last one up in the scoring race is Jason Lenerbobaduzzi ....... and he has no right being up there. I'll admit he does have a solid left foot and is quality on free kicks, but when 2 out of his goals this season were OG's, how can you claim those and even keep a straight face. C-Side, can a team protest goals that have been claimed by Duzzi, but were clearly OG's. Come on, this is not hockey and the closest one to the defender who knocked it in, does not get credit.I think there should be a league meeting about this and Duzzi suspended for a year because of this. It is totally outrageous. :D :D :D :D :D :bronco: :knvb: :wa:

I predict that Jua wins the scoring title this year and Bro will be a close second. Danny Vaughn will be third and Duzzi will win the Wade Brookbank Trophy for claiming the most OG's to his own total. :p
I have written my prediction on the Norvan v. Peg game this weekend on a piece of paper beside my computer. I will reveal my prediction on Sunday after the game and I'm sure it will be spot on ............ :D :D :D
Looking forward to a great match on the weekend with a Lions like crowd filling the bleachers at Sponge Bob Park.

Jags

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jags,

Nice to have you back, glad you spent that time in rehab...you were well on your way to being in the league of the Malones and Coveside players. Regarding scoring leaders, one has to factor in Bro did not start the season with us and little Ju usually gets taken off when he gets a few and then has a few, both his early season hat tricks came with under 40 minutes playing time.

As well, a little bird told me there may be 1 or 2 additional Peg frontrunners in the new year. :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

As well, a little bird told me there may be 1 or 2 additional Peg frontrunners in the new year.
So Izzat and RangerForever are finally making the jump? :D

~Regs.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is there enough room for you and Reedy in the wheelchair?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M said:
Lupoman,

If you're not doing anything come out and see our match against Norvan this Sunday...should be fun. PS for any dedicated types Peg A is at Kinsmen at 2...weather permitting... :cool:

OK, I stand corrected...just found out that Kinsmen is closed this weekend 'cuz Hallsy is getting dressed up as one of the Booze Brothers again and making a fool of himself on national TV :p ...so unfortunately we dont get to watch Peg A go up against our hero Higgsy :mad: et al this Sunday.

Instead though its a friendly between Lupoman and Lynn Valley at 1130!! :wa:

And then Jagers @ Grey Cup with our Club Mates...could even be a few curtains dont match the carpets felines on the prowl...come to think of it they won't even have to dress up to look like Lions supporters, it comes naturally!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M said:
...so unfortunately we dont get to watch Peg A go up against our hero Higgsy :mad: et al this Sunday.

Wrong again, now its at McCartney at 2 on Sunday :confused:

Oh well, quadruple header I guess...1st us, then LV/Lupoman :knvb: Peg/MetroFord (1st half) then the Serengeti, unfortunately only us now...the youngsters :rolleyes: will have to hurry up and get up there for the second half, the felines should be well oiled and purring by then. :eek:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M said:
Sir M said:
...so unfortunately we dont get to watch Peg A go up against our hero Higgsy :mad: et al this Sunday.

Wrong again, now its at McCartney at 2 on Sunday :confused:

Oh well, quadruple header I guess...1st us, then LV/Lupoman :knvb: Peg/MetroFord (1st half) then the Serengeti, unfortunately only us now...the youngsters :rolleyes: will have to hurry up and get up there for the second half, the felines should be well oiled and purring by then. :eek:

Sir M,

I like the way you describe females. Have we met? You don't drive an Eldorado with Continental kits on the side with the Texas longhorns on the hood? Soccer ball and G-string dangling from the rear view mirror?

Felines? Well oiled? And purring for that matter. Beautiful. That is the most beautiful vision. Yrrrrrrrrrrrr! :cool:

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it's the turtle derby after the F-1! Our cap will once again request an end change on a sunless, windless, totally flat pitch. :rolleyes: What O-35's footy is all about!!

lupoman :wa:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ballbaby said:
Sir M,

I like the way you describe females. Have we met? You don't drive an Eldorado with Continental kits on the side with the Texas longhorns on the hood? Soccer ball and G-string dangling from the rear view mirror?

Felines? Well oiled? And purring for that matter. Beautiful. That is the most beautiful vision. Yrrrrrrrrrrrr! :cool:

BB

I feel as if I know you!...let me tell you, there is nothing like a 40 year old North Shore gal recently split from her filandering fly-by-night Canadian Venture Exchange hubby she met years back at the R***y (probably originally wanted to play with Cliff is my guess but couldn't cut it and then went into gardening and hit it big, then was caught in some sort of love tryst in a garlic scented (suffused I am sure) Yaletown restaurant with a (dontmean2 be geographically insulting) nymph from at least 2 bridges South of Lower Caulfield fresh off an "artistic expression" in a "warehouse" in about the 400 block of Carrall Street, and Tiffany from Sentinel was heartbroken and had "Daddy" kind of "litigate" the poor fcuker right back ino "Mamas" old Renfrew and 5th bsmt suite (best tomatoes in town though)....

In other words such a lady just wants company and maybe a nice glass of hearty red that has enough body to stain the teeth... :knvb: (It is true though)... :D

OK, I got off on a bit of a tangent there... :eek:

Having said that, I was looking forward to this evening either:

Head 4 training with us and the lads from our 'hood (future Rangers from what I have heard :rolleyes: getting ready for MetroFord Sunday)...or

Come out and see the Surrey Derby tonite...

Anyway, could not do either 'cuz had to work late. Interested in your result this eve, hold the same opinion as to the result as the moderator..stay tuned for OUR Sunday result... ;) (honestly despite what a lot of people think, there are other matches of note in the old guys Div other than in the Valley...even though the bolo ties are a convincing indicator as to the contrary). Best of luck tonight though..eventually good will triumph over evil...really (especially if Reeder is at the helm). :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts