Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

north shore coaches league matchups &predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4/11/2001 predictions winners in ( )

lynn valley - (pegasus) -peg has more weapons and work horses
(malones) - rangers - upset of the week.
(nordic)- c.a.s.- nordic will use this to bounce back from last week
rams - (norvan) - rams will battle but norvan t.h.t.h.
lupo - (meralomas) looking to keep it going.
(seymour) - blueridge- seymour better than showed last week.
freybe - (coveside)- how about two big upsets. very capable.

would like to hear from fellow coaches league players to your predictions on these matchups

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSCL Week 8 predictions

Pipes, Interesting predictions, Now I will stick my neck out and put scores to them.
Noting we are all on drivel, sorry I meant gravel:(

Lynn Valley 0 Pegasus 3
LV defense won't hold up

Malones 2 Rangers 1
This is not an upset. Rangers are just not as they were. Malones will squeeze it by late in the game.

Nordic 4 CAS 2
Nordic will bounce back, but I think they will come from behind.

Rams 0 - Norvan 2
Rams will battle but will have no penetration. Norvan will then find a way for 3 pts.

Lupo 1 Meralomas 2
This one will be tight. Lupo don't score a lot but defend well too. Meralomas will hold on to the lead.

Seymour 3 Blueridge 0
Seymour will re-group and knuckle down to business while Blueridge will knuckle themselves!

Freybe 2 Coveside 2
Coveside are hungry, but Freybe tie it up in the 90th minute!

hedKandi:cool:

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Outside of hedkandi and I there is absolutely no action at all on the north shore over 30's thread.Maybe instead of league game results and predictions we'll have to tee-up some slagging on some of the teams.

early season predictions on the end of the year standings and why.

#1-norvan - danny v. is their scoring machine. Will be hard to stop. good supporting cast. goal keeper is psycho.
2- pegasus- jua is their sniper. scores consistently. hard working lot.
3-freybe's- seem to get scoring from different players. no real sniper. solid mid field. will lose on the next peg matchup
4-meralomas- with addition of some younger and faster players they should win their share of games
5-nordic - mix lot of players. not seeing the goals from past scorers such as mark T. and gary p. need to play as a team to be successful
6-seymour- although competitive in the past their days are done.
not enough scoring, slow and aging backline and hot and cold goal tender. Regroup next year in "b" division.
7- rangers- don't have the character to deal with the adversity their up against. no goal scorers, outside of stu b. defense is awful. will be a long season for the rangers. Likely to fold when relegated to "b" division.

malones and coveside to "A" division the rest of "B" division will stay where they belong.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSCL Week 10 Predictions

Here we go,

Coveside 2 Seymour 0
If Coveside can be awake from the whistle, they have the talent. They will get their first win in 5.

Meralomas 4 Rams 2
If Rams striker is back, he will pop a couple but 'the Orange' will power through.

Nordic 2 Blueridge 1
MT and Wayne meet but Nordic will hold on.

Malones 2 Pegasus 3
Game of the week. Now the real test for the Div 2 leaders, but Peg's Keeps will steal the win.

C.A.S 0 Norvan 7
There goal difference will just get larger.

Freybe 3 Lynn Valley 1
A slow start for the sausage makers but an easy 3 pts.

Rangers 1 Lupo 1
Rangers will be lifted by their win last week but Lypo pushing for Div 1 will tie it up.

Cside17 is Mahon open?

Good luck to all whether its gravel, grass or field turf.
ENJOY
:)

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must be jokin!

Hedkandi

That's a good laugh, Mahon being open. They have made a real dog's breakfast out of this. We will be lucky if it's a xmas present. I heard the Province newspaper might have a story on NVC, and parks board, incompetance.

Good Luck to all this w/e
Csidewhodesperatlythinksweneedawin!

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 11 predictions:

norvan 4-1 rangers- top guns will keep scoring
pegasus 3-1 seymour-seymour just can,t score
nordic 2-3 meralomas- nordic have improved enough to make it interesting
freybe's 4-1 blueridge should be no contest. score could be higher
lupo 3-0 lynn valley lupo has a few more weapons.
coveside 4-2 c.a.s. good time for coveside to start there roll towards any hope of winning their division
rams 2-2 malones- rams will be hungry to get back on track

Good luck to all,

Pipes, (peg/old boy forever)

Johnno

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nostradamus Week 11 - Predictions

From an obscure quatraine of Nostradamus ...

In the 11th month of the 11th week of play...
the olden men of the nord shall grey...
with no turf to sooth their many...
on rough ground they shall play...

Norvan 4-1 Rangers-
Norvan is the cream and Rangers will prove difficult early on. In times past this would have been a cup final preview.

Pegasus 3-1 Seymour-
Peg's front runners Jua & TP are the difference again. Colin has been playing well of late.

Nordic 2-3 Meralomas
Lomas are a good younger side and Nordic is much better of late - match of the week

Freybe's 5-1 Blueridge
Blueridge's scappy bunch good make it a battle early on but will tire and Freybe to score 3 in the 2nd half.

Lupo 3-1 Lynn Valley
Lupo have a decenct attack and can score, If Lupo comes out playing too casual. Lynn Valley could pull off an upset

Coveside 6-1 CAS. '
Coveside too good a team. Look for the 'Faux Celtic' lads to regain their early season form going into the 2nd half of the season.

Rams 1-3 Malones-
Ram goals are in short supply of recent. Need a win just to stay in the mix. Malones are fortunate to be undefeated this far... re-matches against the 2nd Div teams will prove to be their season's real test.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grass!

All

I'll stick with Pipes predictions. What team does Nostradamus play for, anyone?;) The grass fields are open including the masssive Mcartney. I swear that its wide as it is long:eek: Ooer;)

Good luck on the weekend.

hedKandi

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
motw will be nordic-meralomas. After the shite-kicking nordic recieved the last time they played revenge and desperation shoud be in order. To answer hedkandi's question nostradamus doesn't play for anybody but himself. as for johnno's predictions way to go out on a limb homer. What's the latest on the mahon turf park. un- fcucking believable. Going on 3 months behind on a 2 month project. Good luck to all this weekend.

Pipes (peg/oldboy forever)

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here we go with week 12 predictions

rams 3-2 Rangers (pepto bismals upset of the week!!)
malones 2-4 freybe's malones may have established themselves as the best 10 minute team in the league. However the horseshoe will fall out this weekend.
coveside2-3 nordic another good matchup with a "a" division wannebe and a more cold than hot "a" team. Should be close
bluenose united 0-lots norvan should be another old fashioned shite kicking.
seymour 3-1 lynnvalley should be an easy win for a team that is not having much luck at all. tough luck on last week's winning goal Colin.
meralomas 4-2 C.A.S. Should be another win for the orange pumpkin guys. Winners are grinners. But peg/old boys will be looking to take that grin of your face on 13/01/02 hopefuuly for that fight for third place.
pegasus 3-1 lupo We will not be taking this game lightly which of course gives merit to lupo however we are do to put in a solid performance and come out triumphant.

Pipes (peg /oldboy forever)

F

Foxfan

pipes, looks like you've been smokin' a few o' them funny cigarettes the all stars are so fond of - lomas 4 cas 2! come on, it should be more like a hat full for the pumpkin men and a clean sheet for the mouthy wanker in their nets.
the rest of your predictions are better although i see the rams/rangers match up as a toss 'em - call it a 2-2 draw - and i am picking coveside over nordic in the pepto bismal sweepstakes, (3-2). the freybe/malones tilt should be a good one and i don't see the goal scoring in that one that you do - freybe on top by 2-0

Foxfan
:D

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wipe that smile of your face...

Pipes,

didn't Those guys in Orange wipe the smile of your face facing last years Division 2 match for supremacy. One great free-kick from our Gaffa. And it was a Loma sure thing. Watch out he might be back:D Yes the re-match will be a tilt.

and as for CAS knocking 2 past our mouthy Keeps. I don't think so:p
BTW, he wasn't the keeps who let in your 50 yard throw-in:rolleyes: That won't happen again:(

Does 3rd spot got to the Provincials as Over 35's??

week 12 predictions...
Malones Fc 2 Freybe 3 At Griffin Early *GOTW*
Blueridge U 0 Norvan 7 At Griffin Late
Seymour 2 Lynn Valley 1 at Myrtle
Meralomas 6 C.A.S 0 at Mahon Gravel late
Pegasus 4 Lupo 2 at McCartney early
Rams 3 Rangers 2 at Mahon Gravel
Coveside 3 Nordic 3 at McCartney late

...good luck to all... Check that phone-line.
Some interesting match-ups this week. If you are injured, some good games to go and watch:)

Welcome Foxfan :D, doesn't that feel better;)

hedKandi

Johnno

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horseshoes dropping?

Week 12 Forecasts

Malones FC 1 Freybe 1
If Malone's can re-bound from their defensive "blond moment" last week.
Too close for this homer to call. Possible GOTW.

Blueridge U 0 Norvan 4
Gees.. I hope Norvan doesnt run up the score again like they have done against other weaker teams. No need for it in this league.. In my opinion.

Seymour 4 Lynn Valley 1
Colin's team has played well but hasn't had the puck luck both on offence and defence. They will get some much needed points today.

Meralomas 5 C.A.S 1
The lone goal that CAS will score will be a blooody briiliant strike to the top corner. Uhhh lets say in the first half about 22 min in.

Pegasus 3 Lupo 1
Peg boys will prevail against the Lupo lads who will give them a decent game but don't have the talent to finish off on their chances on a consistant basis.

Rams 2 Rangers 2
Rams played quite well last week and should have gotten points.. however their defence & goaltending failed them late in the game. Look for them to show up big with more determination and confidence to get a point or perhaps 3 from a Rangers team in transition.

Coveside 3 Nordic 2
Covside built up some offensive confidence Vs CAS last week and looking for much needed points to keep pace in their division. They will run into an improving Nordic side that will be also looking to get points to avoid any relegation talk. GOTW from my perspective.

F

Foxfan

Great to hear the grass fields at McCartney and Myrtle are open this weekend - a little consolation for the debacle of Mahon field turf. Let's hope for half decent weather.
Hedkandi is right - lots of interesting match ups this weekend with Nordic v. Coveside my pick for game of the week.
Good luck all
TGIF - See ya Sunday

:)

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 12 results,

Malones 0-2 Freybe's
Lynn valley 3-0 Seymour Who would of thought. definetly the upset of the week.
peg 6-0 lupo easily a one sided affair double digits if not for marco for lupo who made several saves.
rangers 2-0 rams rams are in the tank. I would not count rangers out to get back to their old winning ways.
meralomas 1-0 c.a.s. Wow!! suprising result for a team expecting to battle for top supremacy!!
coveside 0-1 nordic coveside does not have what it takes to take points off of th "a" teams. Malones look to be the shoe-in for "B" division champs.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A win is a win

Pipes, All,

Wow, yes exactly. At least we can't be judged in pumping up our individual goal scoring titles;)

"A tie is not good enough":eek: screams Paul B who then ran 50-60 yards, nearly breakiing his lungs, slots the lone goal, late in the second half. There, job done.:)

We were flat.:( But 3 points no matter how you get them is what counts.

Yes, Malones meet the inevitable but the other Div 2 couldn't help themselves either. The race for 2nd place could be interesting.
Seymour got caught napping. Big result for Lynn Valley.
A solid shut-out for Pegasus' Keeps and another few notches, no doubt for Clemente.
Norvan dropped a goal to Blueridge. Oh No the wheels are falling off:D Will their goals against ever reach double figures?:rolleyes: Come on Clemente, lets see if you can double there goals against next week.;)

hedKandi

hedKandiwhoisnotinthegoalscoringrace:D

Johnno

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Feeling a little lighter....

Well the horseshoes are out "Klank!" ;) ...and I'm feeling alot lighter:D
We had difficulty with ball control on the new artificial surface. being wet the ball did skip along at quite a pace. Both teams struggled at times with this. It was basically a fairly even game in my opinion with an edge to the Freybe lads, they created better scoring chances on goal and were unfortunate to tally a couple more. We failed to finish our handfull and they did. What can you say we lost :( but the game was much closer.. They are very beatable. I'm still at a loss how the 'duzzer' sqeaked one past our keeer to make it 2-0:confused:
It seems that the rest of 2nd division was shut out cept for Lynn Valley. Shutting out Seymour was quite a surprise and cudos to their team what the hell happened to Seymour?:rolleyes:

So the point spread remains as last week in regards to Coveside and the Rams and this bodes well for Malone's 1st place cause :p
Bye for now - Johnno.

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 13 predictions

norvan 2-3 pegasus We will be without jua for two weeks but we still have a hot pistol in pensato. If our keeps is sharp and we can keep Danny V. a goal short of a hatty I think we can pull it off.
lynn valley 1-3 malone's Not sure what happened last week with lynn valley and seymour but I don't expect an upset again this week for them.
rangers 1-2 meralomas neither team is scoring in bushels. Should be a good game. Don't take them lightly hedkandi,they fielded a decent team against us. Winners are grinners especially against the ring "rangers".
freybe 3-1 seymour should be another three points for duzzi and company. Would love to get a game report on seymour last week ????
c.a.s. 2-2 blueridge I don't know in this one and don't really care.
nordic 2-1 Rams rams are still struggling and nordic is clawing back to respectability. Nordic signed new keeper in Brad B. Should help if they can get him out of bed sunday mornings. Great quote last sunday from bakes "I wasn't going to come this morning I am hungover." I laughed and said "bakes three-quarters of the players in this league are hung over sunday mornings. If players didn't show up because they were hungover we wouldn't have a fcucking league." Welcome to n.s.c.l.
lupo 1-3 coveside Not sure where covesides heads are at. Winning their division is out of sight but will need this game to widen the gap between them and lupo.

I am Interested to find out how the provincial cup qualifying berth's are decided for our league????

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horseshoes

Johnno,

Unlucky horeshoes last weekend. But Freybe are a neat and tidy squad defensively and play for 90 minutes. Maybe Malones are not use to that yet:p
It seems the Div 2 championship is yours.

Bear in mind you play Freybe twice next year;)

If Lynn Valley bring last weeks breakfast, you better be up for it:eek:

good luck

hedKandi

Johnno

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 13 - predictions- unlucky?

Norvan (4) - Pegasus (2)
Perhaps the Peg boys can give the Norvan lads a scare....need to shut down Danny to keep it close...man mark him... double team him....whatever!

Malone's (4) - Lynn Valley (2)
Lynn Valley seems to have found some scoring touch recently but Malone's should be expected to win...however. It was a close game between them in game 1 of the season...as I recall....

Rangers (2) - Meralomas (2)
Rangers playing much better of late and could surprise the Loma's.

Freybe (5)- Seymour (1)
Freybe a damn good Div. 1 team and Seymour just trying to avoid relegation and perhaps missing some players ? Hurting? or just done for the year?

CAS (1). Blueridge (3)
Blueridge looked decent at times in the Norvan game early and that should give them the nod over CAS.

Nordic (4) - Rams (2)
Nordic playing much better these past weeks and the Rams have been unfortunate in games and against some tough calibre teams.

Lupo(1) - Coveside (3)
Coveside will need to win to have any chance of catching Malones for the Div.2 title and it has to start now and continue. Lupo will be no easy task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts