Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Noo Choons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The new(ish) David Gray is still well worth downloading illegally off the internet, the man is monstrously popular here in the UK but couldn't get arrested in Vancouver. Form your own conclusions.

Robbies' 'Road to Mandalay' is a huge pub song and should be memorised immediately and sung in every football beer garden from here to eternity. And Kamloops.

I heard the new New Order last night on MTV and, while I can't remember what it was called as I was a wee bit, erm, 'indisposed' at the time, it should be bought simply because it's New Order.

Somewhat unsurprisingly, word on how the new Tragically Hip album is coming along has not yet reached these fair shores. There is a God after all.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty,

Good to hear (see?) you arrived safely and are up and running again with your PC.

Havent DL-ed the entire David Gray album, but certainly like what I've heard so far ... "This Year's Love" and "Babylon" being among the more obvious faves.

Missed you in the Beer Garden over the weekend. Take care mate, and keep me abreast of all that is new, fresh and exciting in the UK music scene.

Cheers,
Willy

BTW, I'm feeling lost without a mate at the Firm. Any suggestions on a worthy contact in your stead?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
up to the minute news......

Bill,

You should go and introduce yerself to Tim, the odd fella who works in drums at the Firm. He's mad as a chinese hatstand but knows his stuff and might be able to help as, presumably, and knowing your heritage, you're sniffing after big deals. Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend anyone in the axe dept. as they're all hair farming fcukwits. Apart from one of 'em who plays with 5440 called Mark. As an icebreaker you can talk to Tim in drums about his recent tour of the USofA with the Saddlesores. The head of the DJ dept. is owright an' all, he's called Brawley. Tell him he's a fat cnut from me. If you tell them you're a mate of mine they should be receptive. I cannot guarantee, however, that receptiveness will be too positive but it's worth a pop if you're feeling cheeky one lonely Vancouver day.

You should have a poke about for the new Super Furry Animals track. They've finally realised the market for Welsh pop bands who sing in Welsh ain't as lucrative as it used to be when mining was king and Thatcher was but a glint in her father's good eye and have embraced their new-found bi-lingualism with a corker of a pop song. I wish I could remember what it was called but at the moment I've a Nation's Cup worthy hangover so you'll have to sort it out yerself. My PC access expires tomorrow when the 2001 Summer of Love continues it's rampage around the British Isles but even train stations have internet access now through the BT phones so, quite clearly, I'll be spending more time in train stations than Ronnie Biggs.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have now suffered through four (4) of your ranting posts, Fasty. What a load of verbal diarrhea.

It's a toss-up between you and Niall for the Multi-Dialect Championships.

Sleepless in Minneapolis,

Buck

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could never aspire to the majesty of dialects that is Niall though I appreciate being included in the same sentence as the great man. Speaking of great men, what happened to that antithesis of all things great, the inimitable Wullie, the dozy cnut who wanted me to keep him abreast of all things new and vanguard-like in UK music? I don't do this for my own pleasure, Wullie, I do this for the betterment of local Vancouver music. Christ knows it could do with some. Interesting to see Green Day is in town, it makes me miss the old place even more.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fear not my tragically-english counterpart, for I am here indeed. Contrary to Senor Abbey, I found your last post in this thread to be about as well written a piece as any I've seen in here in days. And I mean that sincerely.

Unfortunately, during your attempts to reach new highs of wit with your keyboard, I've been left to fend for myself in my quest for all that is new in UK music. Leaving me to stumble upon interesting artists such as Matthew Jay, who in a recent marathon of composure and restraint (being interviewed by MuchMusic's Suk Yin Lee) disclosed his love for footy and was in turn asked:

"Would you rather be a pop star or a football star?"

to which the young singer/songwriter replied:

"I'd rather be a football star. Football stars don't kill themselves."

Which of course is correct. However, as we all know, football stars in certain South American countries are such big stars they dont have to kill themselves. Someone else does it for them.

BTW, cheers for the cutting edge insight into all that is new, fresh and exciting in the UK music world ... I had no idea Greenday were playing in Vancouver this week :rolleyes:

If you've got a mo anytime soon, perhaps you could keep me abreast of the next Trooper gig at Studabakers.

Cheers,
TheBoyInTheBrightWhiteSportsCar

On a serious note: I did DL Super Furry Animal's "Juxtaposed to You". No a bad bit o work. No bad a ta!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crystal

That exquisite New Order track I was on about the other day is called 'Crystal' and is released this coming Monday, August the 13th. It is better than sex with strangers even if said strangers are pulled from the carnage of the Kamloops dance.

Also of note, since I'm sure most of you are keeping elaborate wall charts which are then used to follow such things, is the fact that the genius that is Nick Warren's Way out West have just released their new track 'Intensify' and will be performing live at HMV on Oxford Street Monday August 20, 2001. Reason, if any were needed, for PoCoMo's Vinnie and Jinky to make a trip over to repeat scenes from the long-forgotten Kelowna tournament. The one we played in when we all got back from 'Nam, way back when.

Consider this fair warning those of you inclined to buy whatever Z.95.3 tells you to as I know there are a few poor souls out there who would without my helpful hints; never, ever, for any reason, buy anything by Atomic Kitten. The fact they found it necessary to cover the Bangle's insipid and utterly unnecessary Eternal bastard Flame is surely reason enough.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
F.E.A.R.

The new Ian Brown (of Stone Roses fame) track is as good as anything his much vaunted former band ever produced. In fact, I'd gop as far as saying that it's completely fcuking magical. Like mushrooms.

On a different 'tip' altogether, is 'Precious Heart' by Tall Paul which cheekily takes the vocal hook from INXS's classic 'Never Tear Us Apart' and adds all sorts of big fcuk-off drums and synthesised jiggery-pokery to make your knees tremble.

Word.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No thanks

The last thing I want is anything concerned with jiggery-pokery to make your knees tremble.

That just sounds wrong. And to be honest, frightfull.

~TB.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a new order

Yes the new order LP is a good one for a band that has outlasted the the fake hair-dos from the "popWorld". Although there write-up inthe Georgia Straight was not favourable, the record is a must.

Noteable recordings are...
Mr. Isaacs - Gregory Isaacs
Trans Global Underground
dzihan & Kamien
The Incredible Moses Leroy
pApAs Fritas
and the re-mastered LP Sandanista from The Clash.
This comes under the heading> Try it again for the first time! (Howzthatforanewthread?). This former triple LP now into a 2CD format is an explosion of how The Clash reached in all corners of the music spectrum to release this record. What other band has ever released a triple LP other than Best of's or Live Albums?

ThisisRadioClash!

hedKandi:cool:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Georgia Straight???????

Having bought 'Get Ready', the new New Order yesterday (a snip at 'only' £13.99), I can honestly attest to the fact that the Georgia Straight, as ever, is full of left-wing cobblers. They've got the New Order review wrong as well. Despite the inclusion of that fat bald twat out of the woeful Smashing Pumpkins, the album 'rocks'. And that is a good thing.

All credibility aside, the new Kylie song is a storming great piece of Antipodean pop. I'm unsure what I'd think of it, however, without the video. Lovely little thing.

Have you got the HedKandi compilations? I can't think why you'd choose your handle otherwise. Answers on a postcard, Fastshow.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty your mention of:

that fat bald twat

Reminded me of a great Simpson's quote.

Homer being introduced to the rock star:

"Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins"

"Homer Simpson, smiling politely"

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow

Agree with the lefty and crusty report from the Georgia Straight. The new Order "Get Ready" is even worth $30 Canadian

As a former London Town night goer and a frequent listener to Kiss FM in its Pirate Days, Hed Kandi Radio is a perfect selection of music to relax, remaniss, playing tennis, surfing and dancing:D

Other compilations to mention are...
Nude Dimensions series from San Francisco,
Lazy Transmissions from our owm Luke Mckeehan

Howz Life in treating you in london Town? Is the music okay? Nightlife, pubs and all that slang.

hedKandi :)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jukebox Fasty

Disks to include in your shopping list:

Deep Dish - Yoshiesque Two. Class.
Lee Burridge - nubreed Global Underground
Soulstice - Illusion

Hedkandi,

I recently picked up "Deeper" as an addition to my Hedkandi library. Great disc, although I wish they would mix tracks ala Fastshow Recordings. This leads me to much anticipated question, do you have "Disco" - Hedkandi? If so, is it a "buy" or "not to buy"?

OAPRaver Bucky.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
loads of lolly....

Lads,

Life in the old city is brilliant though we haven't managed to go out properly yet apart from the obvious benders at the pub. Something about having to put out £2000 as a deposit and first month's rent in Fulham. How's that for a kick in the toys? Quite. We do intend, however, to nip down to Notting Hill for Ben Watt's soiree of sexy house one they've finished pissing about with their dozy festival that cost the polis £4 million to police. PoCoMo rugby club could have done it for a fraction of that. I hope Buckfast might have a quiet word with his mate Ben Watt about getting us in without having to scrape for a non-perishable food donation. I have to fcuking eat too, you know.

Buck, isn't Soulstice the alter-ego of Andy Caldwell who puts together the HedKandi compilations? Or did I dream that or see it scribbled on a bus stop?

Hed, where'd you live in London? Buck, confirmed an arrival date yet? The Clio's just been tuned up and is primed in the driveway.

This is turning into a bit of a penfriends section. Well dodgy.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought I pulled the blinders over ya, big man. Buggery. You are spot-on about Andy Caldwell and the Soulstice/HedKandi coincidence.

I might be over before our Spring trip, as I may need to visit TeleWest PLC. Not sure where they are located in London (big ol' place, innit?) but would stay the weekend for the cheaper fare.

Keep the bed warm and the shandy chilled. Nice.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes...

Buck, let us know and we'll turn things up a nothc in your honour. No really, it's no problem, mate, least we could do.

Anyone go to that Moby show at Thunderbird? Moby can get to fcuk but I was wondering if anyone caught New Order live with the aforementioned fat bald twat with the gay as a jamboree voice out of that appalling yank indie band. So, did anyone catch New Order live with the aforementioned fat bald twat with the gay as a jamboree voice out of that appalling yank indie band?

Beside myself with curiosity, Fastshow.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OAPRaver Bucky.

Buckfast,

"disco" is a buy. It would be nice if they were mixed, but listen to the Radio Show for that. A good Buy is "Back to Love":D These comps dig out the early club-floor classics like Degrees of Motion, Richie Havens, Sounds of Blackness and the cool one hit wonders The Young Disciples. Where the fcuk are these guys now?:mad:

Still the best LP in my collection along with Galliano's " a joyful noise unto the creator"

golden flower,
hedKandi

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pen friends

Fastshow,

Lived in westbourne grove, on Queensway or Aussie Town. Great pakoras, good but weird converstaions with the local derro's and hop, skip and a jump to N, Hill and Portabello.

nuff said, bygones are pulling at me 'art strings and i may be asking you to pick me up in that Clio. Is she a goer?

larf a minute

hedKandi

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ooer..

I acquired the only chill out compilation (of literally hundreds on offer...there's simply not that much good much music about for fcuk's sake) worth bothering with this summer today, 'chilled Ibiza II' mixed by Ibizarre. It's like languid sex with attractive strangers smothered in ice cream. Probably. www.chilledibiza.com Lovely.

The Clio is a bit of a goer and, unlike her Canadian counterpart, doesn't balk at going into reverse, if you'll excuse such an unfortunate and puerile double-entendre.

'avin' it at the Canada House in Trafalgar Square and taking the piss with a free connection 'to be used for Canadian travellers to keep in touch with loved ones back home', Fastshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts