Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Offseason 2011

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Might as well have a thread for the rest of the NHL too, with a HUGE trade today.

Philly sends Jeff Carter to the BJ's for a 1st, 3rd and Jacob Voracek. Speculation that they are also trading Mike Richards to the Kings for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds.

With rumblings that Bryzgalov wants to be paid, and it sounds like a $7M/year cap hit making him the highest paid goalie in the league, is it worth it to have to trade away both Carter and Richards to make it happen?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And no sooner do I post that confirmation comes through and Richards is gone to the Kings for Simmonds and Schenn. Wow.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disagree. The West has just as much shite, SJ is in decline, Wings are in decline, Hawks are still reeling from being gutted last off season.

Only Van remains essentially unchanged at the core and has a relatively youthful core and set of top players. LA are on the rise as are Phoenix... but their goaltending will need sorting.

East has some excellent teams that have spread out talent and depth (See Boston in SCF) Pittsburgh will again be a beast with a healthy Malkin and Sid next year. Washington is SUPER young and still coming along.

I don't see one conference as being stronger than another.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confirmed reports that Winnipeg will be renamed as the Jets, avoiding a huge mistake in my opinion had they changed it to something else.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is a very good deal for the Jets.

Ladd's comments in a TSN article almost make you think he was willing to take less as long as he got to stay somewhere permanently and had a chance to put down roots. This is his 4th city over 3 teams over 4 years. Pretty Tough for a 25 year old guy, who isn't a journeyman at the end of his career trying to squeeze what's left of NHL earning out his career...

4.4 for a guy that age with 2 cups is a smoking deal for Winnipeg. That might be one of the best for both parties deals I've seen signed this offseason.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0