Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NFL Weekly Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing as I for some reason or another do good at predicting football, I feel like sharing the knowledge. For right now I will give predictions for Week 1 and later on tonight or tommorow I will do a full season prediction.

Falcons @ 49ers 09 4:15 PM
49ers over the falcons, Atlanta would be better off to start Vick and let him get experience this year, Jamal Anderson is the Falcons offense.
49ers in a romp.

Panthers @ Vikings 09 1:00 PM
Weinke will have a good debut as a starter against the Viks supposed Defense but I look to see Moss and Cullpepper lighting it up in the air and rookie Micheal Bennent doing what few thought Cullpepper would do last year, win games.
Vikings in a shoot out.

Bears @ Ravens 09 1:00 PM
To good defenses, The Ravens lack a running game although there is a few surprises and they might have one. Elvis is in town and should find that his new mates on defense will come through and win the game.
Ravens by a defensive TD.

Lions @ Packers 09 1:00 PM
I like the Pack this year, Favre will look like the Favre of old. Lions are a promising young team and this game should be a dandy.
Pack to squek one out in the dying seconds.

Colts @ Jets 09 1:00 PM
This one will tell the story, which team will won't win the AFC east. It's rare that an opening game can mean so much but in the tight AFC East it does. A loss to either team here will set off a chain reaction. The Colts are good but can't win the big one, the Jets are getting better but rely on an acient QB and Martin at RB, when Santana Moss gets healthy the Jets could beat the Colts, but not on opening day.
Colts by a few.

Patriots @ Bengals 09 1:00 PM
Here it is the most exciting game of week one! What you think I'm joking? Corey Dillion will tear the Pats D appart and start running circles. It will be an offensive game and I actually like the Bengals to have a decent season. Warrick would be considered one of the top recievers in the league if he was given the ball. If Cincy gets the ball in his or Dillions hands they will score their share of points.
Bengals, look for CD to pick up 150+ yards.

Saints @ Bills 09 1:00 PM
I like the Saints, I like Ricky, I like their young recivers and I like Brooks. I don't like the Bills RB by committee, I don't like the Bills aging defense and I don't like Rob Johnson. He will not play every game this year, he will get hurt and I will laugh at the Bills for their stupitidy.
Saints, Bills won't score two TDs, Saints will.

Raiders @ Chiefs 09 1:00 PM
Raiders almost made it to the Superbowl last year, the Chiefs well didn't get close. You see where I'm going with this one here?
Raiders with Eaze.

Steelers @ Jaguars 09 1:00 PM
This one is what I would like to say as a pickum. I'm gonna hafta say Jags.
Jags.

Rams @ Eagles 09 4:15 PM
Oh baby this will be a game to watch. I love the Eagles and McNabb is amazing. Rams have a better offense but not by much. Eagles have a better Defense by alot I like the Birds here.
Eagles with a lot of points scored in this game.

Seahawks @ Browns 09 1:00 PM
Oh if only the Browns had drafted Warrick they might be a competitive team, but they didn't. I dreamt of seeing Couch throwing deep to Warrick but they had to let him pass by, what a mistake. Seatle will do what most think and beat the Browns.
Seattle no question.

Buccaneers @ Cowboys 09 1:00 PM
CowBOYS Get the hint?
Bucs in a walk.

Redskins @ Chargers 09 4:15 PM
Flutie just wins football games, he's not the best QB but he simply gets the job done and the new look Redskins will see what I mean.
Chargers ride Flutie to Victory.

Dolphins @ Titans 09 8:30 PM
This will be a good defensive match up, two good backs but one good QB. McNair to Mason... Touchdown! remeber that.
Titans it's just their year.

Giants @ Broncos 10 9:00 PM
Hmm, not a fan of the Giants, but I give them there props. If TD is running healthy it gives the Broncos lots of ground options which will give Griese time. I still think the Broncos are a step away from the Giants but I hope I'm wrong.
God this hurts, Giants to win.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep them coming, Mexi

I think I will be following some of your picks for this up-coming weekend.

Give us some point totals and figure out the strong defensive teams and offensive teams.

Thanks in advance.

:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Be a real man...

Mexi,

Picking winners is easy. Try picking the games against the spread. If that was the case, you would not be 11-4(after the Giants' loss). You would be 7 - 8 . That doesn't sound as good.....

Unless you're willing to make predictions against the spread, you will be in the minor leagues.

Also, did you happen to catch Ed McAffrey's unfortunate accident? I heard it was pretty gross. I will be watching the highlights at 11 to see.

I will give my picks next week against the spread, so I will post the odds on Friday probably.

Captain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punter

I didn't see the broken leg either but I did see Rodney Williams punt... even though it was in the thin air, those punts were unbelievable! Did you see the one he put into the endzone from his own ten? 70 yards in the air alone!

~TB.

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I sensing a little jealousy Captain Shamrock? On your request I will predict by the spread from now on. I will do this another day though, just not in the mood right now.

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry no spread this week.

By the Spread, Cappin.
I got the spread values from sportselect and I did the straight up winner and then if they covered the spread or not.
Favorite Underdog Game Status. Also when the underdog is picked to win it obviously covers the spread but the spread value is still posted.
ATLANTA (0-1) Carolina (1-0) Sun 10:00am PT
Carolina -2.5
Minnesota (0-1) CHICAGO (0-1) Sun 10:00am PT
Minnesota to cover 3.5
Baltimore (1-0) CINCINNATI (1-0) Sun 10:00am PT
Baltimore not to cover 7.5
Detroit (0-1) CLEVELAND (0-1) Sun 10:00am PT
Cleveland -1.5
San Diego (1-0) DALLAS (0-1) Sun 10:00am PT
San Diago to cover 3.5
INDIANAPOLIS (1-0) Buffalo (0-1) Sun 10:00am PT
Indianapolis to cover -10.5
New York (NYG) (0-1) KANSAS CITY (0-1) Sun 10:00am PT
New York -1.5
MIAMI (1-0) Oakland (1-0) Sun 10:00am PT
Oakland -1.5
JACKSONVILLE (1-0) Tennessee (0-1) Sun 10:00am PT
Jacksonville to cover 2.5
New York (NYJ) (0-1) NEW ENGLAND (0-1) Sun 1:05pm PT
New York to cover 1.5
St. Louis (1-0) SAN FRANCISCO (1-0) Sun 1:15pm PT
San Francisco -7.5
Philadelphia (0-1) SEATTLE (1-0) Sun 1:15pm PT
Philadelphia to cover 2.5
Denver (1-0) ARIZONA Sun 5:35pm PT
Denver not to cover 8.5
GREEN BAY (1-0) Washington (0-1) Mon 6:00pm PT
Green Bay to cover 9.5

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely

Mexi,

I am sure it less confusing than it appears.:) I assume you capitalized your picks and the line is underneath.

Here are my picks with very little confidence I might add. Of course the odds have to come from Willhill, who I can't fcuking log in to right now for some strange reason......

1.90 +10 Buffalo V Indianapolis -10 1.90

1.90 +1.5 Oakland V Miami -1.5 1.90

1.83 +3 Tennessee V Jacksonville -3 2.00

1.83 -7 Baltimore V Cincinnati +7 2.00

1.83 +3.5 Carolina V Atlanta -3.5 2.00

1.90 0 Detroit V Cleveland 0 1.90

1.86 -3 Minnesota V Chicago +3 1.95

1.90 -1 N Y Giants V Kansas City +1 1.90

1.86 -3.5 San Diego V Dallas +3.5 1.95

Odds Open until 23 SEP 01 21:05 Odds

1.90 -2 N Y Jets V New England +2 1.90

Odds Open until 23 SEP 01 21:15 Odds

1.90 -6.5 St Louis V San Francisco +6.5 1.90

1.83 -2.5 Philadelphia V Seattle +2.5 2.00

Odds Open until 24 SEP 01 01:30 Odds

1.90 -7.5 Denver V Arizona +7.5 1.90

Odds Open until 25 SEP 01 02:05 Odds

1.90 +8.5 Washington V Green Bay -8.5 1.90

Indy, Oakland, Jacksonville, Cincy, Atlanta, Detroit, Minnesota, KC, Jets, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Denver, Green Bay

Not very confident Captain

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry about that Cappy, my picks were the team underneath with the line, the capital team was the home team. Sorry for the confusion

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sorry no spread this week.

Originally posted by mexi
ATLANTA (0-1) Carolina (1-0) Sun 10:00am PT
Carolina -2.5

Incorrect Winner and Spread

Minnesota (0-1) CHICAGO (0-1) Sun 10:00am PT
Minnesota to cover 3.5

Baltimore (1-0) CINCINNATI (1-0) Sun 10:00am PT
Baltimore not to cover 7.5

Incorrect Winner, Correct Spread

Detroit (0-1) CLEVELAND (0-1) Sun 10:00am PT
Cleveland -1.5

Correct Winner and Spread

San Diego (1-0) DALLAS (0-1) Sun 10:00am PT
San Diago to cover 3.5

INDIANAPOLIS (1-0) Buffalo (0-1) Sun 10:00am PT
Indianapolis to cover -10.5

New York (NYG) (0-1) KANSAS CITY (0-1) Sun 10:00am PT
New York -1.5

MIAMI (1-0) Oakland (1-0) Sun 10:00am PT
Oakland -1.5

JACKSONVILLE (1-0) Tennessee (0-1) Sun 10:00am PT
Jacksonville to cover 2.5

New York (NYJ) (0-1) NEW ENGLAND (0-1) Sun 1:05pm PT
New York to cover 1.5

St. Louis (1-0) SAN FRANCISCO (1-0) Sun 1:15pm PT
San Francisco -7.5

Incorrect Winner, Correct Spread

Philadelphia (0-1) SEATTLE (1-0) Sun 1:15pm PT
Philadelphia to cover 2.5

Denver (1-0) ARIZONA Sun 5:35pm PT
Denver not to cover 8.5

At this time looking like correct winner, incorrect spread but it's still early.

So at this point in time it looks like my total comes to...

Winners: 7-5, not including denver game and monday nighter.

Spread: 9-3

Looks like it's a good thing I did spread this week cappy, makes me still look respectable.

Your picks = 6-5, you missed the San Diago Dallas game which I'm probably pretty sure you would have got so I'll give you 7-5.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty even this week, I guess.....

Mexi,

I noticed that the line for the San Fran game was -7.5 for San Fran according to your source. San Fran was actually +6.5 on Willhill. Was that possibly a typo? If it wasn't then San Fran didn't cover the spread on that one.....

Now, don't you feel better that you actually played the spreads this week? :) My 2 bets I made were killed anyway, one with the spread and one straight up.

Biggest upset had to be the Cincy/Balt game but it does show you how vulnerable the Ravens are without a top notch running back and an exceptionally average quarterback.....They will NOT be repeating this year. Philadelphia will be there in the end, I think. They have probably the best defense on paper this year and McNabb is certanily proving he is one of the most exciting players in the league.......

Captain

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cappy that San Fran game had St. Lous 7.5 point favorites, St.Louis won by 4 or 3 so they didn't cover the spread. I was right on the spread but wrong on the straight up.

I agree with you there about the Ravens and especially the Eagles. I've been saying that since the end of last year the NFC's two top teams this year Eagles, and Saints and for the AFC Cincinati...j/k Indianpolis and San Diago. I think Chargers over Eagles in the Bowl. Yes I think Flutie can make that much of a difference they have a great defence and adding a quarterback that just finds a way to win games and a good young RB is the winning formula in my book

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pats

All I have to say is look out for the Pats They will turn things arround an squeak into the playoffs as a wild card and do some damage in the playoffs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about them COWBOYS

What a game! 9-7 for the....yawn.....cowbo......ys... yawn.

How bad are these two teams it's a bloody disgrace!

ThiswhyImgoingforreccosrecordthefootballgamesucks;)

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Jacksonville over Buffalo (Johnson stinks)
Tennessee over Detriot (Detroit still kicking them selves about Barry)
Baltimore over Cleveland ( Baltimore D-fence toi strong)
Washington over Carolina ( two teams that stink you have to pick one)
Stellers over Tampa Bay ( Stellers are playing very well to hot to beat)
St louis over New York Jets( Jets can't stop the rams offence)
Atlanta over saints ( Anderson will do the bird)
New England over Indy ( Pats have been playing well and will take indy no problem)
Chicago over Cinci. ( Bears D-fence will be the diff.
San Diego over Denver ( Flutie will bounce back after lose)
Arizona over KC ( Plumber will throw for 300 yards)
Minnesota over GB ( Farve 3 picks on the day)
Philly over Giants (Philly plays well on Monday nighters)

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
11 out of 13 I think you guys should be taking my picks and playing sports action with them.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty good but.....

Coppertone,

11/13 is good for straight up betting. However 4 of the games were decided by 3 points or less so Sports Action betting would be moot because they would be ties........ In the real world of gambling, point spreads are what count. :)

Against the spread, is always a different story.....

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0