Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

News

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those of you in Kamloops for the weekend and for those of you who may have missed it, there was an interesting development in the on-going saga of what is the Vancouver-Gang-Execution-Soap-Opera.

Both BCTV and UTV (I prefer the pre-Global days), aired a segment that reported an execution-style murder in a barber shop on 49th & Victoria over the weekend (Friday -- I think). The shooter crashed a van on the sidewalk/light pole, jumped out, ran into the barber shop and shot two people in the head. The interesting point is that both News Stations, clearly filmed and present the van -- a Sportstown van.

Now, one of two things is going on here. Either, (1) the Sportstown employs the killer or is in someway involved in the murder, or (2) the news stations should have mentioned that a Sportstown van was likely stolen and used in the act, since the killer would be an idiot to use his company van, for fear of being caught. The news failed to mention or ask the police regarding this point.

This is poor reporting, and if I were Sportstown (asumming they're not involved) I'd be sending off a stern letter immediately.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Macaroni!

Has anyone else seen the video of that chopper crashing on Mt Hood?

Wicked.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF

That is classic American stupidity. Who exactly are these experts? Where could they possibly find people smart enough to actually make the claim that bin laden could either be dead or...alive. What a revelation? What's next?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jinks, having scoured the five channels at my disposal in a 'fruitless' attempt to find any pictures of helicopters crashing into Mt. Hood, I'm afraid your chosen piece of news simply didn't make it across the Atlantic. As keeper says, however, poor bastards.

And he should know.

Bin Liner is alive and well and living above (one of the) Halal meat shops on Tooting Broadway, SW17. At least he was yesterday.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Canadian Kid.

New Michael J. Fox sitcom picked up
Feb 04 - 1:56:03PM

VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980)-- ABC has picked up the pilot for a new sitcom written and produced by Burnaby native Michael J. Fox.

It's a family comedy about a pro hockey player who retires and moves back home with his wife and three kids.

Fox is a big hockey fan but he won't be starring in the sitcom.
Michael J. Fox to Renew Family Ties with ABC
Feb. 4
— By Michael Schneider

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - ABC has renewed its family ties with Michael J. Fox, picking up the pilot "Hench at Home," which the ex-"Spin City" star wrote and will executive produce.

Fox, who recently penned the bestselling memoir "Lucky Man," conceived "Hench" as a semi-autobiographical take on a pro hockey player who spends more time with his family after he is forced to retire.

"For me, creating and writing a TV comedy is a different kind of adventure in a familiar setting," Fox said.

If "Hench at Home" gets a series order, it will be produced in New York, where Fox lives with his family. Fox left "Spin City" in 2000 after announcing that he had Parkinson's disease.

"Michael's vision as a father, given the extraordinary life he's led, is so unique and interesting," said Steve McPherson, president of Touchstone TV, the ABC sibling that will produce the series with DreamWorks TV. "When you read this one, you'll see it's a character unlike anything else on the air right now."

Beyond the parenting aspect, "Hench at Home" will delve into what it's like to readjust priorities after you're forced to give up what had been your livelihood. The show's working title is a play on the pilot's lead character, Terry Hench.

"Much like Michael, this character feels lucky," McPherson said. "This is about someone who was a star at one thing and now is doing something else."

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts