Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New MWSL Prez

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was just floating around the MWSL website and it looks as though Bob Cormack is no longer league president. Laurie Robertson is the new president. Anyone know anything else about this?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup....it's on the website. Bob is now the Treasurer I believe.

A 10 team premier league this year should be very good as Burnaby and Langley will be strong right off the bat.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langely is Abbotsford by the looks of things. Not sure how that makes much difference to the League. And from what I have heard Burnaby may struggle a bit this year, and they're pinning their hopes on next year with a bumper crop of graduating youth players. But they have signed a few Burnaby products from other teams.

What I noticed is the Captain appears to have shed his Irish roots, with no more Club I in the old team name. And where the hell did Delta come from?

I had also heard that NS Selects was folding, so pleasantly surprised to see them still around.

In any case, ten teams should translate into an 18 game league season. And a little more variety. Perhaps a better League Cup format too, especially if MWSL adopts the proposal to start Cup round-robing earlier and mix it in with regular league play starting in December. All that should mean no 6 week break before Provincial Cup!

Looking forward to seeing what the new president will do. Early indications is that she's proactive and willing to listen. Already has one group meeting with Premier teams so that was positive.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB,

We will be Richmond FC Hibernians......so we haven't quite shed our Irish roots. :) Besides, you'll like our new green and black uniforms. :D But we are a new club so we are Richmond FC.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0