Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New here - Looking to play / Train ASAP

Porcupine

Feb 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Howdie!

I'm looking for some advice / direction...

I love footie and would like to get into playing. Here's some facts about me:
  • I watch a few of the Europen leagues so I know the rules.
  • I kick the ball around with my buddies every now and then.
  • I played a tiny bit in high school years ago.
  • I could use some excersise so I'm not exactly fit (but that's why I'm trying to get into playing the game live!)
  • I live in Langley
  • I'd like to get started ASAP
So, I know the season is drawing to a close so I was wondering a few things:

• Is there a summer league I can join?
  • With my experience (very limited) will I be safe in DIV 3 or am I going to suck badly compared to everyone else in that division?
  • Any suggestions on where I can go for some pre-season training?
Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
~Mike

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How old are you Mike?

Have to admit it may be a tough go, given lack of experience, but if you're going to start anywhere, it will be div. 3.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Howdie!

• I could use some excersise so I'm not exactly fit (but that's why I'm trying to get into playing the game live!)
  • I live in Langley

• With my experience (very limited) will I be safe in DIV 3 or am I going to suck badly compared to everyone else in that division?
~Mike

why do they cal u porcupine? are you a prick?:D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Howdie!

• I live in Langley

~Mike

Dude, you didn't need to post right afterwards to try and throw people off the scent. Your team would have understood. Surprised you didn't add anything about great hair.

Cheers,

Army:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dude said:
How old are you Mike?
Fcuk why didn't you just get right to the chase and ask if he was a giver or receiver?

:D

Porcupine,

I'd suggest looking into a couple of the indoor drop-in leagues and gauge your skill level there... you'll probably meet people there as well that would have connections to teams in the winter.

Cheers,

Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was better than asking what size waistline he wears, and if he's hairy, or as bald as a 12 year old.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dexterity F.C. is looking for a few defenders. They've only given up 106 this years so perhaps that is the route to go. Great bunch of guys too. Just have difficulty keeping the ball out of their net.

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Porcupine
If this is for real.your local langley paper this week has a community activities book for spring in it .go to the adult section and you will find drop in soccer at walnut grove tuesday nights i believe.it is very recreational and will be a good fit for someone trying to get back into soccer or with limited experience
Good Luck

Porcupine

Feb 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
How old are you Mike?

why do they cal u porcupine? are you a prick?:D
Hah! Some may say so... I am Polish too; perhaps I have to be... ;)

I'd suggest looking into a couple of the indoor drop-in leagues and gauge your skill level there... you'll probably meet people there as well that would have connections to teams in the winter.

Sounds good. I'll give that a go.

If this is for real.your local langley paper this week has a community activities book for spring in it .go to the adult section and you will find drop in soccer at walnut grove tuesday nights i believe.it is very recreational and will be a good fit for someone trying to get back into soccer or with limited experience
Good Luck

Heh heh, was my post too organized? Did it look fake? Nah man, I'm for real... good suggestion. Similar to Regs; it sounds like the way to go.

Thanks for all the input folks. See you on the pitch.
~Mike

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Porcupine
If this is for real.your local langley paper this week has a community activities book for spring in it .go to the adult section and you will find drop in soccer at walnut grove tuesday nights i believe.it is very recreational and will be a good fit for someone trying to get back into soccer or with limited experience Good Luck

Local langley community. Spring to the adult section and you will find walnut tuesday nights. Very recreational and a good fit for someone trying to get back with limited experience. Good luck.

Porcupine, I suggest that you tread carefully. This message seems to be encoded with suggestions of something completely different.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts