Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New FVSL website

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector was most likely being called in regards to the copious amount of cheap ground beef he has been buying up around town. I've heard he knows no bounds when it comes to burgers. I'm sure the league was just looking out for him.

But back on topic, the site didn't update the standings and I couldn't tell if my div 3 team was 2nd last or 3rd last all day Monday, and it totally ruined the start of my week. WTF???

bottom line is that the new website sucks shite

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you really call it a diet when you're fat and have been "trying" to lose weight for six years?? I never got a gift basket KNVB? what gives??? But I did have to sit infront of the board and explain myself. I never ever called BB a cnut. but Dude your post was bang on. Where's the beef?

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you really call it a diet when you're fat and have been "trying" to lose weight for six years?? I never got a gift basket KNVB? what gives??? But I did have to sit infront of the board and explain myself. I never ever called BB a cnut. but Dude your post was bang on. Where's the beef?

the beef got munted

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pfffft...old news. I used to get regular phone calls from one Big Bag. Most of the time they were reasonably courteous. But his e-mails and PMs were not.

Word to the wise: if BB sends you an e-mail, and it is of a condescending nature, DO NOT, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, reply to him telling him he's a cnut. Further, do not copy the league president in said e-mail. What will happen is that BB will then complain to the board (since his feelings are now hurt), and you will be called in for a meeting w/ the Kangaroo Court to explain yourself. Where, in person, you will need to explain why BB is a cnut.

This was two years ago, though...not sure if the league policy has changed on BB sending people nasty e-mails, PMs on TTP, and phoning them about comments on TTP. It was a regular thing back in the day.

As for Regs and KNVB…I predict things may be a tad awkward around the old water cooler today. Eye contact, lads. It all starts with eye contact, then a hug.

Did you ever get yourself suspended ??

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you ever get yourself suspended ??

No, but I was warned that at the end of the day, the league can decide whether they want to allow me to participate as a player in the league or not. Essentially, it was a warning that if this carried on, I could be banned. I refused to appologize due to the fact that he provoked the situation himself, and the fact was I wasn't sorry. I did say it wouldn't happen again, which is the easy part...simply don't communicate to the man. Of course, there was no discussion allowed at the time about BB's conduct in the matter, and I have no idea if it ever was discussed.

Basically, at the time, I think he felt he had a right to treat his FVSL business deallings as he would a personal situation, but when it came to the counterpart doing the same thing, he cied fowl, and had me called up to the carpet to explain myself. I thought it was BS then, completely hypocritical and cowardly of BB, and still do. It was a fcuking joke.

All that said...the irony is that the FVSL has been very well run for a good 4 years now- a timeframe that includes this incident. My opinion of BB is that he contributed in a positive way to the league and in improving the business side of it. Problem was, he liked to get a bit personal and condecsending both here on the board, and in private while wearing his FVSL hat...and in my case, he blured the line between personal and league business, then went running to the teacher. Total douche.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Dude does that make current management a douce or still a cnut;) I put a smiley face so people know I'm kiddding, please no phone calls I'm busy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Dude does that make current management a douce or still a cnut;) I put a smiley face so people know I'm kiddding, please no phone calls I'm busy.

Current management is still a cnut, but the cnut is doing a good job. The website is functional, better than the last...though I know Regs could have done better. Also, executive decisions are by majority...the Pres can't make all the calls he wants.

There, I hope I'm keeping everyone happy with that.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aside from a few more purdy colors and pictures, I don't see the new website as an improvement at all over the old one. The overall design and the way it navigates was just very poorly thought out. Way too cluttered as well.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aside from a few more purdy colors and pictures, I don't see the new website as an improvement at all over the old one. The overall design and the way it navigates was just very poorly thought out. Way too cluttered as well.

you are SOOOOOOOO getting a phone call.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts