Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New FVSL Executive

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the NEW FVSL Executive as of June 30th, 2007

President- Thomas Mills; Vice-President- Kevin Uppal

Director- Rob Brown; Director- Will Peacock

Director- Peter Thomas; Director- Brandt Watkins

Administrative Positions-

Administrator- Laurel Pokoyski; Treasurer- Neil Fuge

This kinda flew under the radar- at least for me it did. I have been too busy to pay attention to almost anything soccer related.

That being said...initial impressions...

~Big Wind Bag indeed has some big bullocks to step up after some of the stick he took last year. Gotta give him credit there, and I'm sure the steep learning curve last year will bear fruit this year.
~VP Kevin Uppal is a great choice- anything to keep him off the pitch and officiating. ;)
~Rob Brown and Pete Thomas, being the more respected of the old guard, should lend supportive voices...I hope.
~Will Peacock is highly respected for his volunteer efforts out here in Langley, and I think a great addition to the executive.
~Who is Brandt Watkins?
~Kenny, Kenny, did somebody kill Kenny? Let's hear it Coach!
~When will the FVSL get around to improving the website?
~Any Insight from BB as to some of the plans for this year?

Gotta go- time is money.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brandt Watkins is on the PAU board of rich kids and is also a member of the O-35 team. He was the main guy behind bringing the Pakenham cup to Peace Arch (beer gardens and event that is).

Ask BigBag who was behind the killing of Kenny!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure if Kenny could talk, he'd tell us- but he's dead.

Apparently.

Yes, Big Bag...who killed Kenny? :confused:

(Gut feeling is Kenny walked...me thinks the man has a lot on his plate these days.)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brandt, AKA Chalky, plays PAU O30s, works for VPD, played for SFU and Warner Pacific (was my roommate down there). Great guy.

WhistleBlower killed Kenny.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn.

I knew it had to have been a brown person.

That, or Global Warming.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
20 years from now...

TWO OLD SOCCER PLAYERS

Two 90 year old men, Fraser and Kenny, have been friends all of their
lives. When it's clear that Kenny is dying, Fraser visits him every day.

One day Fraser says, "Kenno, we both loved football all our lives,
and we played on the Rangers together for so many years.
Please do me one favor, when you get to Heaven, somehow
you must let me know if there's football there."

Kenny looks up at Fraser from his death bed, "Frase, you've been my best
friend for many years. If it's at all possible, I'll do this favor for you."
Shortly after that, Kenny passes on.

At midnight a couple of nights later, Fraser is awakened from a sound
sleep by a blinding flash of white light and a voice calling out to him,
"Fraser--Fraser."

"Who is it?", asks Fraser sitting up suddenly. "Who is it?"

"Frase--it's me, Kenno."

"You're not Kenny. Kenny just died."

"I'm telling you, it's me, Kenno," insists the voice."

"Kenny! Where are you?"

"In heaven", replies Kenny. "I have some really good news and a little bad news."

"Tell me the good news first," says Fraser.

"The good news," Kenny says," is that there's football in heaven.
Better yet, all of our old buddies who died before us are here, too. Better than that, we're all young again. Better still, it's always springtime, it never rains or snows, and we are always playing for a Cup. And best of all, we can play all we want, and we never get tired."

"That's fantastic," says Fraser. "It's beyond my wildest dreams! So
what's the bad news?

"You're starting Thursday."

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
~When will the FVSL get around to improving the website?
~Any Insight from BB as to some of the plans for this year?

Gotta go- time is money.

What about a set schedule for Div 1 before the first game (or seventh game) of the year...

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two Things about the new executive.

1) Good job on the premliminary schedule.
I like the fact that the Cup games are in january....this gives teams more time to gel. Mind you, if you play for the Rangers, you can just get it changed back to November if you wish.

2) All general questions/comments are sent to Laurel...who just happens to be on the three person disciplanary board. Be careful with your questions/comments as they may come back to bite you in the arse.

DaPlaya

Mar 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody see the B.S. fines on the FVSL website for missing cards. I think Whistleblower is pissed that he's riding the pine and not seeing any action. :confused:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's nothing wrong with big fines for missing cards. The idea behind them is too make sure everyone is registerd and playnot playing illegal players. This is also an insurance issue for the leagues( i believe) if a non-registered player gets hurt or what have you.

In the VMSL, picture id does not work. It is ID card or nothing( loss of 3 points if a player plays without card plus a fine which i think is 125.00). It should not be too difficult to remember to bring all the cards to the games. You bring cleats, balls, etc and consider the cards another item to add.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think it is a big deal at all. The only thing was maybe we missed a memo or something, but definately would have sorted out our late signings early had we known the deadline was that fast apporaching. I hadn't heard anything or read anything...again I may have just missed something.

We only have 5 guys out of 24 missing cards, so it isn't a huge deal for us...

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'd think if the deadline is for Oct. 1 to get your pictures in to receive the ID cards they would start fining teams after Oct. 10. Considering they state that it takes 10 days to get the cards back, the teams that got their pictures in say on Sept. 29, for the sake of argument, are going to be screwed for this coming weekend because if they take 10 days to receive the cards, the team will not get them until after this weekend. I'm not saying I disagree with the fines, I'm just saying they should push the day back to issue fines to the next weekend.

stoned and confused

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, we talked to the brass due to a new signing last night and because we've put in for the ID he can play with his BCDL this weekend. Otherwise, a fine would be pretty brutal for a situation like this.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the new FVSL Executive are doing a great good. better then last year and a very good group of people.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's nothing wrong with big fines for missing cards. The idea behind them is too make sure everyone is registerd and playnot playing illegal players. .

Yeah, it is a no brainer for players registered to your own team, I played a player without an ID Card last night because he was up on permit. I spent a good hour trying to get in touch with their managers and could not get their ID cards...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts