Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NBA 2002/2003 Season

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What better way to start out a thread than with this tidbit. A friendly suggestion - tell the media you had the goddamn flu.

Cavaliers rookie Dajuan Wagner is expected to be hospitalized until next week with a bladder infection.

It's not known whether the 19-year-old Wagner will be available for the season opener Oct. 29 at Sacramento, the team said Wednesday.

The sixth overall pick in June's draft missed the team's first three preseason games because of abdominal pain. He returned to practice Monday, then went to the hospital Tuesday after experiencing more pain.

Wagner played one year of college basketball, averaging 21.2 points at Memphis. He scored 100 points in a game as a high school senior in Camden, N.J.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantasy Drafts

Sensei

I need some sleepr picks for my Fantasy draft,the big boys are way too damn expensive so choosing a few leaves me with minimal funds.......

Any help would be appreciated :D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmm.....

Caron Butler from Miami will gets lots of minutes and should put up some decent numbers. A rookie, sure, but he's playing with Eddie Jones, Travis Best and Brian Grant. He'll benefit.

Emmanuel Ginobili from the Spurs is a good choice. He looked awesome at the World Championships and will see lots of time between the SG and SF positions.

I think NJ's Richard Jefferson could put up some impressive stats now that he's in the starting lineup.

Think about the guys in Cleveland....with no talent around them whatsoever, Darius Miles and DaJuan Wagner will have to score points, regardless of thing that might get in the way, like passing or rebounding.

If you need any more, I could delve further into my extensive basketball bank. Let me know.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's Houston Rocket center Yao Ming givin' some drug-handshake love to Stevie Franchise. I've got this feeling Yao won't be getting too many invites to kick it at the Diamond Club with the boys this season. I mean, how incredibly awkward does this little exchange look.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's baaaaaaaack....

Just in time for night two of the 2002/3 NBA Season, it's Sensei Hanson's Chump and Champ of the Night.

With 28 teams in action this evening, I thought it to be a great time to resurrect a thread which was my pride and joy last season. With any luck, the nightly updates will last a lot longer than last season (which basically means anything over three weeks).

Let's go to the boxscores.

Champ of the Night : Baron Davis, New Orleans Hornets

Good night for the little man in the Big Eazy. It was important for the Bugs to get off to a good start in N'Owleens, and they did it with a 25-point silencing of the Jazz. Baron went for 21pts, five boards and 10 assists, as well as connecting on 4-6 from behind the arc. Only turned the ball over a single time tonight as well. Special mention to Stevie Franchise who popped for 39 in a loss to Indiana, and Glenn Robinson who went for 34 and 10 in a loss to New Jersey.

Chump of the Night : Eddie Jones, Miami Heat

With Alonzo out for the year, a lot of the pressure will be on Jones' bony shoulders to provide some scoring punch. A dismal six points in 32 minutes played won't cut it for the Heat. Went 2-9 from the field, with just a single assist and three turnovers - and Miami went down quietly to the Magic, 100-86. An equally poor performance was turned in by Samaki Walker of the Lakers, who put up a measly five points and four rebounds in LA's second consecutive loss in a row. The backup center needs to have a much stronger effort to make Shaq's absence bearable for Kobe and company.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yau Ming

Shocking last night. Granted it is the first game of the year but fukcin hell if your 7 6' and can't get more than 2 or 3 rebounds in 13 minutes? I could grab more boards!:eek: Zero points and his defence was WEAK! He reminds me of Shawn Bradley. No shot blocking ability with the big boys.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertrum

You actually have to be able to jump to do a feat like that. Last time I saw you jump was in gynecology row at the Barnett with Sky train and you couldn't jump clit high!!! ;)

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Bertrum

Originally posted by Reccos
You actually have to be able to jump to do a feat like that. Last time I saw you jump was in gynecology row at the Barnett with Sky train and you couldn't jump clit high!!! ;)

Come on I was at least navel high. :D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like all projects, Ming is gonna need time. He's comparable to a high-schooler in the sense he's been a man amongst boys for his entire career, and now he's been thrown into the mix with the strongest players in the world. He also suffered from a very short pre-season (Chinese National team commitments) and the language barrier, something completely unique in terms of high-profile rookies in the NBA. Plus, Rudy T isn't going to watch him suffer for 25-30 minutes a night. It's a steep learning curve and his minutes will be limited, especially early on.

I wouldn't expect him to break out, if at all, until his 3rd or 4th year. Which is fine by the Rockets as they have Stevie Franchise locked up for a long time, and can probably sway Cuttino Mobley into sticking around with the nucleus they'll have in place. Keep in mind they've got some young, talented big-man options in Eddie Griffin and Kenny Thomas to utilize while Yao learns the NBA game.

T

Torcida

Croat leads the Grizz

Gordan Giricek got 29 points last nite against Dallas.

Great Start for the Croatian. Hope it continues and he doesn't turn into Kukoc :eek: .

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kukoc had a good night lastnight aswell. 50% from the field, 4 for 7 from 3pt land and some decent numbers in his 18 pt game.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the Grizz game last night on satellite and was rather impressed with Giricek, especially since my inital response to him entering the game was "why is the janitor subbing in for Dickerson?"

He hit some big threes and played some solid defense against Finley. But man, look, if he can achieve 1/8th of what Kukoc has done in his NBA career, he should get on his knees and thank the good lord several times over. Even though he has some nice game, Giricek looks like a complete spock.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ming

Originally posted by sensei_hanson
Like all projects, Ming is gonna need time. He's comparable to a high-schooler in the sense he's been a man amongst boys for his entire career, and now he's been thrown into the mix with the strongest players in the world. He also suffered from a very short pre-season (Chinese National team commitments) and the language barrier, something completely unique in terms of high-profile rookies in the NBA. Plus, Rudy T isn't going to watch him suffer for 25-30 minutes a night. It's a steep learning curve and his minutes will be limited, especially early on.

I wouldn't expect him to break out, if at all, until his 3rd or 4th year. Which is fine by the Rockets as they have Stevie Franchise locked up for a long time, and can probably sway Cuttino Mobley into sticking around with the nucleus they'll have in place. Keep in mind they've got some young, talented big-man options in Eddie Griffin and Kenny Thomas to utilize while Yao learns the NBA game.

I agree. I saw him play against the Canadian team at GM place a while ago. 6 6' Richard Anderson form SFU was defending him and doing a pretty good job I must say. I don't want to diss Rich but come on Ming. He needs to be a lot more physical in the post to be effective. Perimeter shooting for that big a man is not acceptable. I hope Rudy T can whip him into shape because they have an explosive backcourt even if you hate them - and I do. They may need someone more rebound orientated to take the heat off of Ming. Maurice Taylor is a bit soft. :rolleyes:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sporadic

Champ of the Night : Gary Payton, Seattle Supersonics

Awesome night for The Glove. 40 Minutes, 20 points, 18 assists and seven boards in a 104-97 win over another quality PG, Houston's Steve Francis. Only turned the ball over a single time.

Chump of the Night : Troy Murphy, Golden State Warriors

Like all nerdy white draftees in the first round, Murphy drew comparisons to Larry Bird when the Warriors selected him two seasons ago. While he has some nice game, performances like the one he put up tonight make him more Jon Koncak than Larry Legend. 5-15 shooting, three turnovers and 0-3 from behind the arc, with just a single assist. To be fair, he was matched up against Tim Duncan and The Admiral for most of the night.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NBA Champs

Personally I feel this year is the Dallas Mavericks year. Dissapointed last year by the finish at the end of the year they are coming back better than ever.

Not only that Nash is hang is longer and uglier than ever.
:D
Pretty soon he'll be in Brent Sopel range with hair like that.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My man..

the Glooove! Just imagine Kevin Calabro saying that though. Good stuff. Anyway I would like to nominate Michael Jordan as chump. Please retire! You are destoying your legacy. Missing dunks? 10 points per? Coming off the bench?Know when to say when.

On a side note: saw some Hawks highlights, I like the inside outside game of the Big Dog and Reef. Much improved.:cool:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
two nights in a row!

Champ of the Night : Ray Allen, Milwaukee Bucks.

Jesus Shuttlesworth had a huge game tonite for the Bucks, as they knocked Eastern Conference leaders New Jersey from the ranks of the undefeated. Allen popped for 29 points in 34 minutes of action, chipping in with five boards and three dimes. Knocked down several big shots which killed off numerous Net comeback attempts in the second half. Bucks win, 99-93.

Chump of the Night : Jalen Rose, Chicago Bulls.

While he's often referred to as the cagey vet surrounded by a bunch of college-age phenoms, performances like the one Rose had tonite don't really distinguish him from his struggling rookie teammates. 3-14 from the field, 0-5 from three point land, three turnovers and a measly 10 points in the Bulls' 91-69 loss to the Celtics. Didn't seem to do much on the defensive end either, as his matchup at the SF position, Antoine Walker, went for 22 points and seven rebounds.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love this game!

Coach Sydney Lowe of the Memphis Grizzlies has resigned:

THE 69-YEAR-OLD Hubie Brown takes over the only winless team in the league.
Lowe’s resignation came the day after the Grizzlies lost their eighth game, playing at home against the Golden State Warriors.

Ah yes, the move the Memphis had done wonders for the Grizzlies hasn't it.

:rolleyes:

I say at this point why not go for the NBA record and be the only team to lose all their games in one season.
:D
Might be easier that way than getting so close to a win and then blowing it every time.

As much as I hate Stevie Franchise, maybe he saw something we didn't in the future of the Grizzlies.
:confused:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts