Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations League

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Ballbaby ?

If you show, and Gurps shows, we can have a TTP Handsome Man show down.

Can I sit with you both? In the middle? I can be the baloney in a Handsome Man sandwich. We can sing, chant. Imagine!

#TTPhandsomemanshowdown
#dudefangirling
#supergay
#gayforaday
#highfivinghandsomeguys

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Phonzie for the Canadians for this one Sunday against French Guyana. Technically French Guyana is the highest seeded team in the group after Canada, even though St. Kitts and Nevis have a slightly better record.

A point for Canada guarantees a Gold Cup berth and a spot in CONCACAF Nations League A. A loss would not likely cost Canada a Gold Cup berth, given their superior goal difference, but could well spell disaster for their chances of qualifying for League A with the other 11 top sides in the confederation. Then again, with the ability to put up large scores against minnows in the competition, massive GD swings are not outside the realm of possibility so best to just win the match (or at least draw...) and leave nothing to chance.

Final qualifying round action gets underway tomorrow, though the matches at the top of the table don't start taking place until Saturday and Sunday. With Canada playing on the last day, they should have a fairly clear picture of exactly how the final standings are shaping up by the time they hit the pitch at BC Place.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was at the game was great to see Canada score some goals. Jonathan David is a great addition to the team. Team finally has some depth and some attacking options. Was not impressed that Liam Miller did not see the pitch as he is another great addition. Defence however will be suspect going forward though they do have some new additions on the horizon.

On a side note and my main reason for this post is Jonathan Osorio.

A few years back he was left off the Canadian team and many of us wondered why.

Being live at the game I can see why and now I think he should be booted again.

He was subbed of at the 60 minute with Canada up 4 -1 and the game basically over.

He didn't come across the field to the bench instead began pouting, walked around the sidelines and went down the tunnel and I didn't see him come back. I watched the whole thing and now I understand why he was left off the team.

As much as we need him for what he brings to the team he should be left off going forward. That to me is not acceptable at this level.

When the other subs came off none complained and all of them gave the fans a clap. Osorio just pouted and walked off into the tunnel.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that we he left the pitch? If so, what a wanker!

It's hard to leave him off the team tho as he's an offensive attacking threat who can score or provide. He definitely needs an attitude adjustment!

Jonathan David was good but made some bad decisions with passes that could have led to even more goals. He's just going to get better and that's great for us!

Kaye was solid through out. I questioned why he started left back as he plays center mid for LAFC but he played well!

Piette had a decent game playing in front of the defenders. Maybe BC Place is bad luck for him as he turned the ball away in almost the same area he did vs the caps last year... both leading to goals.

How much does Cavalini earn? Caps should sign him!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that we he left the pitch? If so, what a wanker!

It's hard to leave him off the team tho as he's an offensive attacking threat who can score or provide. He definitely needs an attitude adjustment!

Jonathan David was good but made some bad decisions with passes that could have led to even more goals. He's just going to get better and that's great for us!

Kaye was solid through out. I questioned why he started left back as he plays center mid for LAFC but he played well!

Piette had a decent game playing in front of the defenders. Maybe BC Place is bad luck for him as he turned the ball away in almost the same area he did vs the caps last year... both leading to goals.

How much does Cavalini earn? Caps should sign him!

Great summary and I do agree it will be tough to leave him out. Kaye was played on left back mainly because Canada doesn't really have anyone else to play the spot. Herdman doesn't seem to have any confidence in Sam Adekube. I imagine with a formation change he will be moved back to his usual center mid spot. With Arfield and Davies back for the Gold Cup there will be strong competition for a starting role on this team. I just hope Herdwoman didn't cost us Liam Miller by not playing him.....rumblings that he was pissed off after the game. Rumours for now I suppose.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Gurps , I'm definitely excited about this team and the future. Our defence is our weak link right now so we need to work on that. A lot to be excited about in our midfield and attackers.

So where does that put Hutch and Johnson? I don't think either will be around for 2022. So pull a Low and retire them? Haha

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hutch is done I think that was his last game he said he most likely wont play in the gold cup. Johnson who knows? Perhaps a sub? I don't see him getting much time on this team and no way he will be around in 2022.

There are a one or two defenders that have not committed to Canada that may still do so. Ricardo Ferriera being one that would help and provide some stability.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hutchinson said that he would retire after the Gold Cup, though rumour is that Herdman is trying to convince him to try and stay on through 2022 qualifying.

Johnson has been left out in the cold but was recalled for this one, only to be injured. This may have been his last chance, so we will have to see where it goes. I have always rated Johnson; love his tenacity and willingness to win. I would certainly take him over Piette any day of the week who I have never rated and cannot stand to think he is our country's best option in that deep lying roll.

I too was expecting to see Miller, but I don't think you can argue about Jonathan David's inclusion, certainly Hoilett was always going to play and Cavelini seems to be Herdman's guy. Their selection was further vindicated by the fact that they all scored. Could Miller have come on ahead of Tiebert and/or Larin, I think so but those guys could also use the minutes. If anything I think it speaks to the fact that Canada simply has not played many games since Herdman took over. One friendly a year ago and then just the four mandatory CONCACAF qualification matches. Could they have mixed in some other friendlies during the various windows? Possibly. Then again job one was definitely qualification for the Gold Cup and A League in order to garner more best on best tests for this group, so why distract from that goal.

Agree that Osorio needs a kick up the backside regarding his attitude. He started and played until the game was ostensibly over up 4-1 at the hour mark. There were a dozen guys on the bench who would have loved that opportunity. You almost wonder if Herdman did it intentionally to see what kind of reaction he got. If it was a test, then Osorio failed miserably and you would hope that maybe veterans like Attiba would pull him aside and tell him to give his head a shake.

All in all, looking forward to seeing this team get tested at the Gold Cup. Lots of exciting players, especially in attack when you add Arfield and Davies in. I think given our shortage at fullback and abundance of attackers we are likely to see more of Phonsie at fullback, especially considering that seems to be where he is fitting in at Bayern.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They did as Herdwoman about Phonsie playing in the back and he had stated he was going to keep him higher upfield as they play better teams going forward and as of now no plans to play him in the back but knows what the next few months will bring.

My mistake Hutch said he is done after the Gold cup as this will be his last gold cup.

As for Miller I just wanted to see him on the field before Tiebart and Larin....

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy on the fat goalkeepers...

The Osorio attitude needs a right fcuking adjustment.

Scott McTominay took off through the tunnel right after the match when Scotland lost to Kazakhstan as he had a stomach problem, apparently.
He got fcuking ripped by Callum MacGregor (Captain) for not clapping the travelling support.
And, likely the Gaffer too after and issued an apology the next day and maintained it was due to him needing to use the loo.

Funny how North American athletes get away with that bullshit.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LEAGUE A

Group A: USA, Canada, Cuba
Group B: Mexico, Panama, Bermuda
Group C: Honduras, Trinidad and Tobago, Martinique
Group D: Costa Rica, Haiti, Curacao

LEAGUE B

Group A: French Guiana, St. Kitts & Nevis, Belize, Grenada
Group B: El Salvador, Dominican Republic, St. Lucia, Montserrat
Group C: Jamaica, Guyana, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba
Group D: Nicaragua, Suriname, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Dominica

LEAGUE C

Group A: Barbados, Cayman Islands, Saint Martin, U.S. Virgin Islands
Group B: Bonaire, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands
Group C: Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Anguilla
Group D: Guadeloupe, Turks & Caicos Islands, Sint Maarten

USA USA USA

Games in September, October, and November

Top in each group progress to semis

Bottom in each group relegated to League B

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Likely an ideal draw for Canada. Obviously being drawn with Honduras would have been nice, but Costa Rica is a wild card and hard to get motivated for. Mexico is suicide.

Getting drawn with the States makes it an instant derby and a chance for out new generation to play in meaningful games against a team that has been dominating the region and qualifying for World Cups for the last 30 years (Russia aside...) and should also be a decent spectacle (ie TV rights etc.) with story lines to get the general sporting public intrigued.

Herdman put the US on a pedestal months ago and has been pushing the mantra that defining success for this group is beating the US. So now we will have at least two shots at it (possibly more depending on the Gold Cup draw). Will also be interesting given how much importance the Cuba games now take on. They had a good qualifying campaign, same as Canada, beating up on minnows so it should be compelling viewing.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts