Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 2016

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
India cement their status as heavy favourites after a 7-0 blowout of Portugal.

India v Africa 12pm at Boyd Oval looks like the MOTD tomorrow.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Open Final: India vs the winner of Ireland/Italy

As an aside - I couldn't get out to Hugh Boyd this year and trying to get updates / news has been a real challenge.

Twitter? Waste of time
Official website? Sporadic updates to the results page
TTP? You're taking the piss, surely :rolleyes:

My personal opinion / observations are that the soccer community is not what it once was... and that's a real hard pill to swallow for me :(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update via twitter :)

Italy 2-1 over Ireland so it's an Italy vs India final... India for $2000 Alex, thank you.

Abby United

Jan 30, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money

As an aside - I couldn't get out to Hugh Boyd this year and trying to get updates / news has been a real challenge.

Twitter? Waste of time
Official website? Sporadic updates to the results page
TTP? You're taking the piss, surely :rolleyes:

My personal opinion / observations are that the soccer community is not what it once was... and that's a real hard pill to swallow for me :(

beer garden was full. semi finals had 2/3 deep on both side lines and bleachers were packed for india figi semi and only building from there.
just not as many ttpers there i guess. gametime howd u lose to italy, 2 crossbars and a no go on the pk . very unlucky
scotland should have been in semi's.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would you mind to expand? I am curious. You know; Vancouver has changed so much. I arrived 20+ years ago, and to be honest, I miss the way it was. There was something that was lost in the process.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You always have to appreciate the intensity levels of finals at Nations Cup. England vs Scotland O30's appeared to be quite intense, but I was taking it in from beer garden and I may not know what intensity is anymore at my age? :(

Enjoyable weekend as always and one of my SU female players got MVP.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would you mind to expand? I am curious. You know; Vancouver has changed so much. I arrived 20+ years ago, and to be honest, I miss the way it was. There was something that was lost in the process.

Well some people don't care about the game enough to actually go watch some of the best soccer of the year and post scores from the website. 2-1 in the final for the wrong team? Serious? Come on man. haha
Perhaps they don't have any players on their squad to make any Nations cup team to have any interest in the Nations cup but can rant on and on about the RRSL summer league. lol
Don't get me wrong, I like the soccercoach persona for the most part but come on man.

It was another fun weekend in Richmond and congrats to all of the winners!

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well some people don't care about the game enough to actually go watch some of the best soccer of the year and post scores from the website. 2-1 in the final for the wrong team? Serious? Come on man. haha
Perhaps they don't have any players on their squad to make any Nations cup team to have any interest in the Nations cup but can rant on and on about the RRSL summer league. lol
Don't get me wrong, I like the soccercoach persona for the most part but come on man.

It was another fun weekend in Richmond and congrats to all of the winners!
I did not see you out there
We had players on 3 teams
Missed final
But herd Robert Ernshaw played in final for Italy
Semi
Italy vs Ireland was a cracker
TK on Ireland was great
Fraser valley ref should not ref this level of play
Poor decisions soft PK saved by Italian goalie last min of play
Sending of player 2 nd yellow
To miss final very poor judgment
Way two many yellow cards handed out both teams would have been even better with a
Vmsl ref in the middle
I watched over 30 final
Great Striker on England team
Matt Newman from Watford he is
Heading back to uk tough game
Only goal was dropped by Scotland goalie soft ball in

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are always looking for any volunteers who want to help in any capacity to make the tournament better.
We have some cool ideas already for next year to add in.

Viva Italia!!!
Fantastic final.
When I saw India warm up Friday night I truly felt it would be extremely difficult for anyone to deny them from repeating.
They are studs - Full stop.
They almost did it again but a late goal by the I-ties to tie it up changed the tide.
I felt the Italians got better as the tourney progressed too, (Except against Scotland of course ;)) which is what I love about tournament football and we just saw at the Euros.

Incredible display of football over weekend, the weather was very good for the players, and the atmosphere brilliant as usual.

I disagree Regs - Football is alive and thriving more than ever in the Lower Mainland.

Cheers,
RF

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0